OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1421 » by jschligs » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
jschligs wrote:99% sure I left my Switch on my flight from MIA to Key West, that or at the Airbnb. Pretty pissed at myself as I’m usually really good at making sure I have everything.

He’s hoping they find it in their 30 day window, otherwise I’ll be getting the new one when it comes out...

Damn, that sucks man. Not a good trip for you. Hope someone finds and returns it.

FE Chapter 10 spoiler:
Spoiler:
Actually chapter 9, but wanted to be safe. So right after pops dies, Lonnie finally wants to have our relationship B conversation. It obviously has no batting or change depending upon his death, considering that it ends with her being mad I don’t appreciate him, saying she’s his real apprentice, and storming off in a rage fit.

So that’s a bad look and **** her :) But in all seriousness it’s disappointing they don’t take something that major into consideration with the side-conversations.

Yea, super fun but also not the best trip ever. Was so expensive and loosing this is probably a $600-700 loss since I had some physical games in there. And I had about 2 hours into FE and I was really looking forward to playing it today/rest of the week. Because of all of you I choose the blue house
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#1422 » by jschligs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:57 pm

My string of terrible luck has changed! American Airlines found my Nintendo Switch and will ship it back for $35...I'm so relieved, I'll easily pay the shipping if it means getting about $500-600 worth of stuff back and all my save files. Thank the lord!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,941

Post#1423 » by humanrefutation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Spiderman is on sale for $15.99 on the PS Store.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,661

Post#1424 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:13 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Spiderman is on sale for $15.99 on the PS Store.

Saw that this morning, too. I am so tempted to pick it up but I'm pretty sure at this point I will never play it. This fall is loaded, and I'm already playing FE, DQB2, and SMM2.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,941

Post#1425 » by humanrefutation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

Saw that this morning, too. I am so tempted to pick it up but I'm pretty sure at this point I will never play it. This fall is loaded, and I'm already playing FE, DQB2, and SMM2.

I ended up buying it, as I'm in a bit of a gaming rut right now. It got such good reviews that I'm willing to give it a shot.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,980

Post#1426 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm

It's one of the really great games of this generation, one I'd easily recommend to anyone.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1427 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I ended up buying it, as I'm in a bit of a gaming rut right now. It got such good reviews that I'm willing to give it a shot.

I mean by all accounts it is an incredible game, one I was super hyped for, and possibly last year's GOTY. I wish I had time to play it. I have a hard time prioritizing old games over new ones, even if it's new to me. I missed God of War for the same reason. **** car accident last fall ruined my time with those two games. Can I put that in a law suit? :evil:
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1428 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:To those playing FE, do you try to keep up all your crew? Like I could just blow through the entire game with a group of eight that I put all my time and resources into, but I never do it. I'm always taking on quests and paralogues and bringing along the weakest of the group to level them up.

Maybe not the best tactical idea? But I really don't want to leave anyone behind. I'm curious what other people do.

I feel so overpowered and overleveled right now that when I do the paralogues and quests I tend to focus on the characters I less use. So right now I have everyone around level 20-22, with enemies around level 15. Lol.

I’m in Ch. 9 and most of my characters are in the level 23 - 28 range. Been trying to boost up Flayn/Catherine/Shamir a little and I just recruited Leonie.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#1429 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 am

I got sucked back into the Destiny 2 grind. Anybody else play?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#1430 » by neiLz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Looking into a new desk and chair. I work from home and am at my desk about 50 hours a week. Need a chair that is comfortable . I currently use a dx racer that is fine but is on its last leg after 3 years. Don't need a gamer chair and want something that will last. I hear herman millers are great but i don't want to spend 500-750 unless it will last 10 years.

As for a desk, my set up now is a big "U" shaped desk with two desktops (2 monitors each) and 1 laptop (3 monitors) for work. I don't mind the U shape but it takes up basically the entire room. I am looking more for a desk that is basically a L shaped desk that is 10 ft x 8 feet so I can put it in the corner of my room and have some walking space. I can't find a solid desk when looking. I could by some a couple gaming type desks and stack them next to each other but that will look bootleg. I'd like something like a basic desk, no drawers but can't find anything customized to my length.

Other than hiring a carpenter to build my ****, does anyone know of any sites that let you customize a desk? I'd like something similar to this but i'd need to get three of them to fit my needs : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBR8N89/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07MBR8N89&pd_rd_w=SrZ8U&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=YQNEf&pf_rd_r=9THDXXFBVJ3NMX25QTE4&pd_rd_r=334f1bf1-3de2-4df1-bf2f-500d6b4969af&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTUtQR0pLRTNZQU9FJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjQxNzc0MVBPSFgzSVhDREhaNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODU2MjUzOTZXSkVZVE5OTkgzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1431 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Chair: https://www.autonomous.ai/
I have the Ergo Chair 2 and absolutely love it. I sit in it 50-70 hours per week. Super customizable settings. Their newest is the Kinn Chair. I can't speak to it, but it's supposedly the same deal but more breathable and even more supportive.

They also make adjustable desks, but not L shaped. I don't think I've seen an L shaped adjustable height desk.

What's your desk budget? Room and Board let's you customize quite a bit, but they'll run you over a grand.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#1432 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:43 pm

neiLz wrote:Looking into a new desk and chair. I work from home and am at my desk about 50 hours a week. Need a chair that is comfortable . I currently use a dx racer that is fine but is on its last leg after 3 years. Don't need a gamer chair and want something that will last. I hear herman millers are great but i don't want to spend 500-750 unless it will last 10 years.

As for a desk, my set up now is a big "U" shaped desk with two desktops (2 monitors each) and 1 laptop (3 monitors) for work. I don't mind the U shape but it takes up basically the entire room. I am looking more for a desk that is basically a L shaped desk that is 10 ft x 8 feet so I can put it in the corner of my room and have some walking space. I can't find a solid desk when looking. I could by some a couple gaming type desks and stack them next to each other but that will look bootleg. I'd like something like a basic desk, no drawers but can't find anything customized to my length.

Other than hiring a carpenter to build my ****, does anyone know of any sites that let you customize a desk? I'd like something similar to this but i'd need to get three of them to fit my needs : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBR8N89/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07MBR8N89&pd_rd_w=SrZ8U&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=YQNEf&pf_rd_r=9THDXXFBVJ3NMX25QTE4&pd_rd_r=334f1bf1-3de2-4df1-bf2f-500d6b4969af&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTUtQR0pLRTNZQU9FJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjQxNzc0MVBPSFgzSVhDREhaNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODU2MjUzOTZXSkVZVE5OTkgzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Probably a little bit more than you'd like to spend but I have the maxnomic XL gaming chair and it's one of the most comfy chairs I've owned. I highly recommend it and I've had it for a few years and it has yet to really wear out.

https://www.needforseatusa.com/en_us/maxnomic-titanus.html
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1433 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:To those playing FE, do you try to keep up all your crew? Like I could just blow through the entire game with a group of eight that I put all my time and resources into, but I never do it. I'm always taking on quests and paralogues and bringing along the weakest of the group to level them up.

Maybe not the best tactical idea? But I really don't want to leave anyone behind. I'm curious what other people do.

I feel so overpowered and overleveled right now that when I do the paralogues and quests I tend to focus on the characters I less use. So right now I have everyone around level 20-22, with enemies around level 15. Lol.

I’m in Ch. 9 and most of my characters are in the level 23 - 28 range. Been trying to boost up Flayn/Catherine/Shamir a little and I just recruited Leonie.

I've taken a few days off but I'm on Chapter 16. Just about everyone is really good at two skills but terrible at everything else. Everyone is at a reasonable level because I've been like a little league manager and let everyone play. But I've decided tonight to say **** it and just lay waste to the remaining chapters with my beasts. I wanna see how the story goes for this first play through and worry about maxing out my roster maybe on the 2nd or 3rd play through.

Likely team:
Me
Claude
Lorenz
Lysithea
Caspar
Ingrid
Seteth
Alois
Catherine
Sylvain
Shamir
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#1434 » by neiLz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks. Going to check these chairs out.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#1435 » by Aaron It Out » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 am

I'm going to do this again but tomorrow I'm pulling the trigger for real. I'm getting a Sony X900F 65" TV and I need a sound bar to pair with it. I originally had a $200ish Bose one picked out but the more I'm reading, the more I want a 3.1ch and there's a bundle for Sony's $900 that makes it $700. Is it worth spending the extra to get a nice 3.1 ch bar vs a cheaper bar?
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#1436 » by ClassicJack » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:10 am

So 2K is just never gonna have the 2001 Bucks, huh?
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1437 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:07 pm

You guys, I'm starting to lose the drive for FE. I'm in Chapter 10, and it's feeling like a chore to go back to it. I am super into the story, the characters' side stories are great thus far, I like seeing the connections between characters...but it just takes so long to get to that good stuff. Essentially, all of the academy stuff I was previously not phased by is now phasing me big time.

I know a lot of comparisons were drawn to P5 leading up to release. To me, nothing about P5 ever felt like a chore to go through. It was quick to get through that side stuff - the relationship building, stat building, whatever - and get back to a part of the story to advance it. Even when you're at school, the story is generally still advancing. And when you go into combat, it's generally for hours at a time. Palaces might take me a week to actually get through.

With FE, it feels like it's almost the opposite. It feels like I can get through combat quickly to get back to running around the monastery wasting my time. There's a game here I want to play, just not sure how to get to it. Ugh.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1438 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:You guys, I'm starting to lose the drive for FE. I'm in Chapter 10, and it's feeling like a chore to go back to it. I am super into the story, the characters' side stories are great thus far, I like seeing the connections between characters...but it just takes so long to get to that good stuff. Essentially, all of the academy stuff I was previously not phased by is now phasing me big time.

I know a lot of comparisons were drawn to P5 leading up to release. To me, nothing about P5 ever felt like a chore to go through. It was quick to get through that side stuff - the relationship building, stat building, whatever - and get back to a part of the story to advance it. Even when you're at school, the story is generally still advancing. And when you go into combat, it's generally for hours at a time. Palaces might take me a week to actually get through.

With FE, it feels like it's almost the opposite. It feels like I can get through combat quickly to get back to running around the monastery wasting my time. There's a game here I want to play, just not sure how to get to it. Ugh.

I definitely felt that as I was leading up to the time jump in Chapters 8, 9, and 10. One thing that really helped was seeing a payoff to all that busywork I did for hours and hours. Starting in those late chapters I started seeing character after character switch over to my House. That was always super cool.

As for the House stuff after the time jump, I really barely do any of it. If I go exploring all I do is seek out training for my dude, which takes about three total minutes, then maybe one meal. I basically automate all my lectures now. Most of my time is now reversed from what it was before. 10-15 minutes TOPS outside of battle, and 45-50 minutes inside the action. It's just been my experience so far, but the Paralogues are hard but worthwhile for the kickass weapons you get.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1439 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:You guys, I'm starting to lose the drive for FE. I'm in Chapter 10, and it's feeling like a chore to go back to it. I am super into the story, the characters' side stories are great thus far, I like seeing the connections between characters...but it just takes so long to get to that good stuff. Essentially, all of the academy stuff I was previously not phased by is now phasing me big time.

I definitely felt that as I was leading up to the time jump in Chapters 8, 9, and 10. One thing that really helped was seeing a payoff to all that busywork I did for hours and hours. Starting in those late chapters I started seeing character after character switch over to my House. That was always super cool.

As for the House stuff after the time jump, I really barely do any of it. If I go exploring all I do is seek out training for my dude, which takes about three total minutes, then maybe one meal. I basically automate all my lectures now. Most of my time is now reversed from what it was before. 10-15 minutes TOPS outside of battle, and 45-50 minutes inside the action. It's just been my experience so far, but the Paralogues are hard but worthwhile for the kickass weapons you get.

This is good to know. I know I'm close to the jump, so it sounds like I should just power through and plan to automate some when I get there. That is definitely more of the battle or story:academy ratio I'm looking for.

I haven't found any of the missions hard so far. I'm guessing it will pick up soon, though. I'm starting to see a little more resistance; I had to actually use pulse a couple times on Seteth's first mission.

I've had everyone I wanted and worked for join my party. It wasn't a ton of people, again just because I'm so happy with and want to use the people I already have. I did end up getting Leonie...the brat :lol: I considered not taking her

Spoiler:
just so I could kill her later.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1440 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:17 pm

I'd kill Leonie and Hilda a hundred times over if I could. Just a couple little twats.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks