ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#821 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 pm

tyland wrote:Just episode 1 of Barry last night. Looks like it is going to be awesome.

Trying to catch up on Euphoria and Succession as well. Do people like the latter?

Succession starts off pretty average but if you stick with it, somewhere around halfway through the first season something clicks and it gets really good.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#822 » by ackypoo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:13 am

only 3 eps into 'the family' on netflix, but if you hold disdain for organized religion, get yourself a hate boner.

also, its really good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#823 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 am

Read on Twitter

WTF
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#824 » by blazza18 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 am

^^^ I tripped out when I watched that the other day. Then I googled "deepfake" and learnt people are using it to make celeb sex tapes.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#825 » by RRyder823 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:19 am

humanrefutation wrote:I went on a Rocky marathon over the last week - Watched Rocky I-V on Netflix, Rocky Balboa on Prime TV, and rented Creed I and II.

I had not seen the latter three, and really enjoyed the Creed storylines. Just a whole different vibe but with some of the same kinds of plot elements. Really good cast, too, with Tessa Thompson, Michael B. Jordan, Phylicia Rashad, and Wood Harris. Sly was good in those movies, too, as was Dolph Lundgren in Creed II.

Ranking the films in order:

1. Rocky 1
2. Creed 1
3. Creed 2
4. Rocky 3
5. Rocky 4
6. Rocky Balboa
7. Rocky 2
8. Rocky 5
This might be the lowest I've ever seen Rocky 2 ranked

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#826 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 am

RRyder823 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I went on a Rocky marathon over the last week - Watched Rocky I-V on Netflix, Rocky Balboa on Prime TV, and rented Creed I and II.

I had not seen the latter three, and really enjoyed the Creed storylines. Just a whole different vibe but with some of the same kinds of plot elements. Really good cast, too, with Tessa Thompson, Michael B. Jordan, Phylicia Rashad, and Wood Harris. Sly was good in those movies, too, as was Dolph Lundgren in Creed II.

1. Rocky 1
2. Creed 1
3. Creed 2
4. Rocky 3
5. Rocky 4
6. Rocky Balboa
7. Rocky 2
8. Rocky 5
This might be the lowest I've ever seen Rocky 2 ranked

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

Rocky 2 is just a less interesting repeat of Rocky 1, IMO.

I still enjoyed it, though.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#827 » by FrieAaron » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 am

blazza18 wrote:^^^ I tripped out when I watched that the other day. Then I googled "deepfake" and learnt people are using it to make celeb sex tapes.

Oh my god, that's disgusting! Naked fake celeb videos online! Where? Where did they post those?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#828 » by BUCKnation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 am

1. Rocky 1
2. Creed 1
3. Creed 2
4. Rocky 3
5. Rocky 4
6. Rocky Balboa
7. Rocky 2
8. Rocky 5

Did something similar last year before Creed 2.

I'd probably put Creed ahead of Rocky, but Creed is in my top 10 of all time. All of them are great expect Rocky 5 probably.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#829 » by emunney » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 pm

It's cliche at this point but Rocky IV doesn't get enough credit for being one of the most indelible movies of all time. It's not like I don't remember Clubber Lang but I remember everything about Rocky IV. It is mesmerizing and should be studied more.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#830 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 pm

emunney wrote:It's cliche at this point but Rocky IV doesn't get enough credit for being one of the most indelible movies of all time. It's not like I don't remember Clubber Lang but I remember everything about Rocky IV. It is mesmerizing and should be studied more.

This is why Rocky IV is so amazing.

No dialogue. Just music and fighting.
emunney
RealGM

Post#831 » by emunney » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Also when there isn't fighting or montages, Paulie is getting a robot.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,769

Post#832 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 pm

emunney wrote:It's cliche at this point but Rocky IV doesn't get enough credit for being one of the most indelible movies of all time. It's not like I don't remember Clubber Lang but I remember everything about Rocky IV. It is mesmerizing and should be studied more.

Saw it in the theater when I was a kid. Literally the last movie I remember where people actually cheered their asses off at the end.
emunney
RealGM

Post#833 » by emunney » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Saw it in the theater when I was a kid. Literally the last movie I remember where people actually cheered their asses off at the end.

Something about the visual rhythm of it is so satisfying. Also obviously it's actually shocking when Apollo Creed is beaten to death; it raises the stakes to a level that no other Rocky movie approaches.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#834 » by DingleJerry » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm

I assume most in this discussion are aware, but there is what is supposed to be the final Rambo movie coming out Sept 20. Generally the last one in 08 was fine as well. Big drop off from the first two of course as those are classics, but still fine.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
lessthannick11
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#835 » by lessthannick11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:10 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:

So you never saw Snakes on a plane in the theater then?

Probably my all time favorite theater experience. People were hissing during the opening credits, and when Samuel L Jackson said "Im tired of the M'er F'ing snakes on this M'er F'ing plane"....instant standing ovation
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#836 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:45 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I assume most in this discussion are aware, but there is what is supposed to be the final Rambo movie coming out Sept 20. Generally the last one in 08 was fine as well. Big drop off from the first two of course as those are classics, but still fine.

I enjoyed the Rambo movies.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,769

Post#837 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:54 pm

lessthannick11 wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

So you never saw Snakes on a plane in the theater then?

Probably my all time favorite theater experience. People were hissing during the opening credits, and when Samuel L Jackson said "Im tired of the M'er F'ing snakes on this M'er F'ing plane"....instant standing ovation

Well I mean people cheer during Rocky Horror Picture show too. Rocky IV was earned :)
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#838 » by DingleJerry » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm

IMO, Rocky's speech at the end of Rocky IV ended the cold war. No one will ever convince me otherwise
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#839 » by KidA24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 pm

DingleJerry wrote:IMO, Rocky's speech at the end of Rocky IV ended the cold war. No one will ever convince me otherwise

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#840 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Rocky IV is fine, I just don't think it's as good as Rockys 1 or 3. The robot is the worst part of the movie, by far (and one of the worst parts of the whole series), but this film also suffers from a lack of Mickey. It might have the best training montage, though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks