ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2019-20 Schedule Thread (Season Opener vs MIN)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,459

Re: Nets 2019-20 Schedule Thread (Season Opener vs MIN) 

Post#21 » by Stone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 pm

It's starting already........Lowest price tickets for the Wolves game $ 107

Tickets are going on sale tomorrow.....yikes.....I don't remember them going on sale right after the schedule came out.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#22 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:48 am

There are seemingly more weekend games, but they’re again most heavily early in the season on football Sundays.

January and March give us out of staters the best shots at seeing games.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#23 » by GTR11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am

10 back to backs? I think that's the lowest I've seen in years.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#24 » by Papi_swav » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:45 am

Stone wrote:It's starting already........Lowest price tickets for the Wolves game $ 107

Tickets are going on sale tomorrow.....yikes.....I don't remember them going on sale right after the schedule came out.

Geez I don't even want to imagine next year when KD comes back.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#25 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 am

MrDollarBills wrote:No ABC Saturday night games???

Not until KD returns. I’d expect Nets at Warriors on Christmas Day next year.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,441

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Stone wrote:It's starting already........Lowest price tickets for the Wolves game $ 107

welp, that's the cost of doing business.

i wonder if there are any reasonable multi game packages available
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:37 pm

nice to open with a cupcake game against the wolves and then get to smash the knicks head in for a nice 2-0 start
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:nice to open with a cupcake game against the wolves and then get to smash the knicks head in for a nice 2-0 start

We need to send the message early. The city belongs to us.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#29 » by SpeedyG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

After nearly two decades of being a Net fan... I'm finally going to a HOME game. Got my presale tix for the 10/25 Game vs Knicks.

Really wanted to do the opener, but Wednesday is a bit iffy work wise for me.

Kind of on visitor side, but hopefully there aren't real "visitor" sides at Barclays

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#30 » by SpeedyG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Kind of funny though, that the presale is for Amex card holders only.

I couldn't use my Barclays card to go see a game at Barclays...lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Ryusoulger
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#31 » by Ryusoulger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:03 am

First couple games rather easy actually
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Ryusoulger wrote:First couple games rather easy actually

I think we have a solid chance of starting the season off hot.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#33 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

honestly this year with kyrie there is no team we cant beat. we are legit favorites to beat any .500 or worse team and coinflip or better vs. the other top teams

also, we are primed to STOMP people this year with some lopsided wins.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

honestly this year with kyrie there is no team we cant beat. we are legit favorites to beat any .500 or worse team and coinflip or better vs. the other top teams

I want to beat the Knicks by double digits. I want their fans to feel pain and despair.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#35 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:15 am

After breaking down the schedule for awhile at after work today, here are my takeaways:

-- as GTR11 noted, the number of back-to-back games is greatly decreased, a responsible move by the league. Moreover,

-- we have ZERO 4-games-in-5-days combinations. That's excellent! Studies show that the 4th games in those stretches cause more injuries, have fewer dunks, yield lower FG%'s and are just a less aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball. I'm not quite enough of a nerd to dive into the other 29 teams' schedules, but I hope the NBA moved away from this scheduling problem for everyone. If so, I think you will see fewer teams rest stars for load management, simply because there will be less risk of injury and need for DNP's.

-- @ Cleveland might be our Kryptonite. IIRC, both times we visit them are the 2nd half of back-to-backs with less than 24hrs rest. The Cavs are gonna suck, but they are the type of team that I believe will give us fits. Versatile perimeter depth, athletic beefy bigs. Getting drubbed twice at their house will be our WTF moment.

-- our season will be defined in two phases: B.K. (before Khrist) and A.D. (anno Durantini). I do put creedence in the right-ACL theory, the videos we've seen of Durant, and the information Cris Carter has shared. I think that barring a setback, KD will be playing 5-on-5 in practice by late January. I see us playing the first 50 games of the season without him, and playing at the level of a 50-win club. That's a really good team, and a record of something like 30-20. When Kevin returns, he'll be rested generously and held out of B2B's to avoid repetitive stress. Still, for the last 32 games, I see him playing in 25 to 27 of them. In those games, even as he's rounding into form, the mere presence of Kevin will allow us grind out games at a 60-win pace. Put us at 23-9 with KD, for a 53-29 season. We'll be peaking at the right moment, and as Garnett once said; ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#36 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:After breaking down the schedule for awhile at after work today, here are my takeaways:

-- as GTR11 noted, the number of back-to-back games is greatly decreased, a responsible move by the league. Moreover,

-- we have ZERO 4-games-in-5-days combinations. That's excellent! Studies show that the 4th games in those stretches cause more injuries, have fewer dunks, yield lower FG%'s and are just a less aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball. I'm not quite enough of a nerd to dive into the other 29 teams' schedules, but I hope the NBA moved away from this scheduling problem for everyone. If so, I think you will see fewer teams rest stars for load management, simply because there will be less risk of injury and need for DNP's.

-- @ Cleveland might be our Kryptonite. IIRC, both times we visit them are the 2nd half of back-to-backs with less than 24hrs rest. The Cavs are gonna suck, but they are the type of team that I believe will give us fits. Versatile perimeter depth, athletic beefy bigs. Getting drubbed twice at their house will be our WTF moment.

-- our season will be defined in two phases: B.K. (before Khrist) and A.D. (anno Durantini). I do put creedence in the right-ACL theory, the videos we've seen of Durant, and the information Cris Carter has shared. I think that barring a setback, KD will be playing 5-on-5 in practice by late January. I see us playing the first 50 games of the season without him, and playing at the level of a 50-win club. That's a really good team, and a record of something like 30-20. When Kevin returns, he'll be rested generously and held out of B2B's to avoid repetitive stress. Still, for the last 32 games, I see him playing in 25 to 27 of them. In those games, even as he's rounding into form, the mere presence of Kevin will allow us grind out games at a 60-win pace. Put us at 23-9 with KD, for a 53-29 season. We'll be peaking at the right moment, and as Garnett once said; ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

I think Durant should sit the entire season. Unpopular opinion maybe, but I think giving him the most time feasibly possible will be the best course of action.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#37 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:43 am

I see KD returning to practice in late January as a conservative timeline. 32 games would be 3 games the All-Star break. If we pared it down to 29 games, that would mean he doesn't play until after the break.

I feel you, we would be foolish to rush him back. He's too valuable for the long-term. However, 6.5 months is the full recovery time prescribed by physicians, which would be December 27th. You literally can't gain anything structurally by giving KD additional rest. At that point, it's a matter of getting him re-acclimated to training, getting in the groove, and adjusting to a new team. A month of slowly ramping up from 1-on-none to 5-on-5 is being extremely cautious.

Unless he feels uncomfortable mentally or psychologically, WHICH IS ENTIRELY VALID, POSSIBLE AND A REASON THAT I SUPPORT, let him return when he's healthy. He is no more likely to re-injure or have setback on February 1, 2020 as he would be on November 1, 2020.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Ryusoulger
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#38 » by Ryusoulger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I want to beat the Knicks by double digits. I want their fans to feel pain and despair.

Knicks are light work. Not really concerned with them. I want teams like Philly and Indiana.

Return to Brooklyn Nets