ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Karl Malone, the Scumbag

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Re: OT: Karl Malone, the Scumbag 

Post#21 » by Raps1103 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:56 pm

EJaggit wrote:Karl Malone, the greatest PF to ever play the game

(what he did was very wrong)

Ummm, have you never heard of Tim Duncan?

And before you say “ Tim was a Center” think about the twin towers! Yes he OCCASIONALLY played Center ... but BIG FUNDAMENTALS WAS a PF! And the best of all time!! Not even debatable
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,575

Post#22 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm

I slide Larry Bird over to the PF spot and call him the best PF ever. He started at PF for years and played there a lot afterward. Malone sure did put up numbers, though.
2bmrap
Ballboy
And1: 28

Post#23 » by 2bmrap » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Every single star from the Jordan/Barkley/Malone era is a psycho
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#24 » by Danny1616 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Duncan is the greatest PF ever.

Then I probably would have Dirk Nowitzki if you count him as a PF.

I personally would have Barkley at #3 but you can definitely debate him or Malone.

Dirk, Barkley and Malone are very very close.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#25 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:This is an old story, I remember this and being shocked about it at first - maybe when Cheryl entered the WNBA. I also remember other NBA players talking about it too and a news report or mini-documentary on it. Someone said it was a transferring of what he went through to his children. His father denied his mother's existence and she raised a tribe of kids on her own and he did the same to his kids, deny their existence.

It's hard to judge without knowing the complete story and the article is not giving a ton of information. More sensationalist. What I remember was it was consensual but underage which is wrong. He was worried the parents were being gold-diggers which the article alludes to also. His perception of the world is sort of warped from his childhood but he was never violent to people. The article discusses little on why he did what he did or it being generational, like having an abusive parent and hitting their own kids. The mini-documentary touched on it and that needs to be understood more. Saying that I never liked Malone as a person even when he was playing. He, like Barkley, seems like a person who is racist against black people. But I do respect his ability to play basketball and I didn't even know he reconciled with all his children which suggests growth. Remember Dr. J did the same thing with his daughter, we can't be selective on who we condemn or even if we have the right to condemn someone else.

I'm not selective. Underage people are called children. Children cannot legally give consent. Exceptions are only made if both parties are very close in age. Sex, without legal consent, is rape.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#26 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:54 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:This is an old story, I remember this and being shocked about it at first - maybe when Cheryl entered the WNBA. I also remember other NBA players talking about it too and a news report or mini-documentary on it. Someone said it was a transferring of what he went through to his children. His father denied his mother's existence and she raised a tribe of kids on her own and he did the same to his kids, deny their existence.

It's hard to judge without knowing the complete story and the article is not giving a ton of information. More sensationalist. What I remember was it was consensual but underage which is wrong. He was worried the parents were being gold-diggers which the article alludes to also. His perception of the world is sort of warped from his childhood but he was never violent to people. The article discusses little on why he did what he did or it being generational, like having an abusive parent and hitting their own kids. The mini-documentary touched on it and that needs to be understood more. Saying that I never liked Malone as a person even when he was playing. He, like Barkley, seems like a person who is racist against black people. But I do respect his ability to play basketball and I didn't even know he reconciled with all his children which suggests growth. Remember Dr. J did the same thing with his daughter, we can't be selective on who we condemn or even if we have the right to condemn someone else.

I'm not selective. Underage people are called children. Children cannot legally give consent. Exceptions are only made if both parties are very close in age. Sex, without legal consent, is rape.

I'm sorry, I regret posting. When this first was made public I thought the same as others even though I am definitely not a pitch fork type of guy. I then got in some heated discussion about it with friends and came to the conclusion that even though I don't condone it, I should at least understand the entire situation. Understand what happened and why. I remembered being pissed when someone pointed out would it be ok if he was 16. Or if she lied about her age. Of if they were really in love. Or in his environment this happens regularly and is a generational cycle that needs to be broken. I never considered that, I just wanted to punch Malone. How could he not acknowledge his daugther who made it to the WNBA without him. I would leave at he is a scumbag and step away from this thread.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#27 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Danny1616 wrote:

Duncan is the greatest PF ever.

Then I probably would have Dirk Nowitzki if you count him as a PF.

I personally would have Barkley at #3 but you can definitely debate him or Malone.

Dirk, Barkley and Malone are very very close.

Dirk was a PF, yes. I take him over both Bark and Malone.
dontsettle4less
Senior
And1: 343

Post#28 » by dontsettle4less » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Hero_Panda wrote:

Yes! Plus TD not a dirtbag.
Rob Diaz
Analyst
And1: 5,390

Post#29 » by Rob Diaz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm

A significant % of the stars of yesterday were scumbags, which is why I always find it humorous when fans wish today's stars were more like them with their "competitive spirit" and whatever lol.

It was a different world back then without social media/smart phones, it was extremely easy to cover up for athletes and their "behind the scenes" actions.

You don't even have to go back that far, many fans today don't even know about the Kobe-Colorado transcript where he started telling for no reason lol.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,889

Post#30 » by ItsDanger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Isn't this old news?
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#31 » by rocky_da_best » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

I'm sorry, I regret posting. When this first was made public I thought the same as others even though I am definitely not a pitch fork type of guy. I then got in some heated discussion about it with friends and came to the conclusion that even though I don't condone it, I should at least understand the entire situation. Understand what happened and why. I remembered being pissed when someone pointed out would it be ok if he was 16. Or if she lied about her age. Of if they were really in love. Or in his environment this happens regularly and is a generational cycle that needs to be broken. I never considered that, I just wanted to punch Malone. How could he not acknowledge his daugther who made it to the WNBA without him. I would leave at he is a scumbag and step away from this thread.

There's really nothing to understand. When the girl's age in question is 13, there's nothing to discuss. I've never seen a 13 year old that could pass as 18. That's nuts. It's not like she was 17 or turning 18 in a few months (not trying to rationalize it). She was 13. That's a middle school student in Canada. Let that sink in. The man is a pedo. Period.

"Or if they were really in love"....bro. This isn't Leon The Professional. Please step away from the thread like you said. That's insane to even consider as a possibility.

I used to see your post count and name and kinda think that you had something wise to say. But Iv'e noticed the last few times I see your name next to something it's pure nonsense.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#32 » by YogiStewart » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

There's really nothing to understand. When the girl's age in question is 13, there's nothing to discuss. I've never seen a 13 year old that could pass as 18. That's nuts. It's not like she was 17 or turning 18 in a few months (not trying to rationalize it). She was 13. That's a middle school student in Canada. Let that sink in. The man is a pedo. Period.

"Or if they were really in love"....bro. This isn't Leon The Professional. Please step away from the thread like you said. That's insane to even consider as a possibility.

I used to see your post count and name and kinda think that you had something wise to say. But Iv'e noticed the last few times I see your name next to something it's pure nonsense.

"An adult had sex with a 13 year old, impregnated her and didn't want to pay child support."

"yeah, but...."

there literally is no "yeah, but..." There are thought-through federal laws regarding having sex with a minor. there is no excusing it or rationalizing it.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#33 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 pm

2bmrap wrote:Every single star from the Jordan/Barkley/Malone era is a psycho

psycho is an understatement
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
E-TRAK
Sixth Man
And1: 552

Post#34 » by E-TRAK » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Where does Shawn Kemp rank on the scumbag list?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using RealGM mobile app
anon2222
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#35 » by anon2222 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:01 pm

For what he did outside of his professional career I am glad he never got a championship. Rough childhood or not you don't rape women and ignore your offspring. That's the lowest of the low.

Still feel bad for Stockton though as he deserved a ring as one of the all time best PGs.
Axe Dragon
Analyst
And1: 376

Post#36 » by Axe Dragon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:wear a condom. if you cant afford a condom, abstain. if you cant abstain, get castrated

Wearing a condom doesn’t fix statutory rape...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,003

Post#37 » by kalel123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Always knew about the daughter but had forgotten about the son although I did read the story on it a while ago. While it's good that they've seemingly now all made up with each other, you never want this type of abandonment for any child. Can't imagine what they must've went through.
dafan590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,185

Post#38 » by dafan590 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:08 am

he should stop mailing his sperms to ladies....
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,273

Post#39 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 am

binjumper wrote:

None of that matters when you decide to have sex with a 13 year old girl when he was 17+. He should be in jail.

Is a 17 year-old having sex with a 13 year-old illegal? I don't think it is (and I'm sure it happens a lot in high schools as that's a grade 9 and grade 12 student).

But Malone was 20 in this case...
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#40 » by dillio » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 am

This is a very poorly written article. I’ve read realgm rants that were more professional.

Return to Toronto Raptors