ImageImageImage

New game - Is it reasonable ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

New game - Is it reasonable ?? 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:36 pm

How about a new thread (let's see if we can get more than 1 page out of this one ), a game that can feed your conspiracy theorist (and we have a few here). Game is called "Is it reasonable ?) Put out a theory of the Nuggets or any other team and support it with at least 2 suppositions. I'll start"

Is it reasonable to think the signing of DJ Dozier is all about potentially moving Gary Harris ?

1. Adding Dozier adds size to out back court, GH is only 6'4", Dozier is 6'6"
2. Allows us to move (and pay) Malik Beasley into the starting SG spot. I've heard many time the FO sees Beasley as a better athlete and can be just as good, if not better 2-way player, he's just stuck behind Gary.
3. Gary's injury history keeps the team from fulfilling it's full potential.

Is it reasonable ??

If you’re going to respond, please ask another "reasonable" question.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: New game - Is it reasonable ?? 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 pm

skywalker33 wrote:How about a new thread (let's see if we can get more than 1 page out of this one ), a game that can feed your conspiracy theorist (and we have a few here). Game is called "Is it reasonable ?) Put out a theory of the Nuggets or any other team and support it with at least 2 suppositions. I'll start"

Is it reasonable to think the signing of DJ Dozier is all about potentially moving Gary Harris ?

2. Allows us to move (and pay) Malik Beasley into the starting SG spot. I've heard many time the FO sees Beasley as a better athlete and can be just as good, if not better 2-way player, he's just stuck behind Gary.

Is it reasonable ??

Adding a guy like Dozier is not a replacement for Harris, or even Beasley, I think we just needed a combo guard and Dozier is a big combo guard. The guy is on a camp contract after spending 2 years on a 2 way contract with the Celtics, if anything he is a replacement for Goodwin in my mind.

That being said I can see Juancho or MPJ replacing Barton in the starting lineup and forcing him into a backup SG role. Allowing us to trade Harris and promote Beasley (if Beasley improves his defense).
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

I think Grant was brought in to replace MIllsap and will have no affect on keeping Juancho.

While some on here love Craig more than reasonable, his lack of a dependable outside shot dramatically hurt the offense last season and we need more shooters off the bench if Plumlee is going to continue his role. Having 2 nearly 40% shooters at SF and PF off the bench allows the guards to continue to do dribble hand off and pick and rolls with the shooting to make the pay when Plumlee is on the court.

Next season when we lose Millsap and plumlee than Grant will be the starting PF and either MPJ or Juancho will be the starting SF opening up the offense and making it near impossible to stop with Jokic and the guards playing their games. While Bol is currently not strong enough to be a Center today, I can see them developing him and signing a C that can spread the floor allowing Vanderbilt to be the backup PF and not destroy spacing.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 pm

skywalker33 wrote:How about a new thread (let's see if we can get more than 1 page out of this one ), a game that can feed your conspiracy theorist (and we have a few here). Game is called "Is it reasonable ?) Put out a theory of the Nuggets or any other team and support it with at least 2 suppositions. I'll start"

Is it reasonable ??

Reasonable? Maybe; or could it be a preparation for trading Barton - since he's our third (fourth) SG?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:50 pm

Is it reasonable to think the Nuggets are preparing to release Plumlee & Millsap & Hernangomez & Craig in order to try to sign a free agent next year.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:30 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Is it reasonable to think the Nuggets are preparing to release Plumlee & Millsap & Hernangomez & Craig in order to try to sign a free agent next year.

Not to burst your bubble, but even without those guys signed, we'll still be at about $109MM on the cap and I expect Grant to opt out for a bigger paycheck and we still have to do something with Beasley and Juancho....we're strapped.

Is it reasonable to believe MPJ can average 13/5/3 in his rookie year ??

1. He'll be playing against 2nd stringers, yet probably be playing less than 15mpg
2. His injury concerns still linger
3. It'll be his 1st season in 3 years
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#7 » by Coeur » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 pm

If dozier is a player then with Torrey Craig and him of course Harris becomes more likely to be tradeable.

So many signs pointing toward Harris going out with millsap and Barton in a trade.

Return to Denver Nuggets