ImageImageImageImage

Magic sign guard Hassani Gravett

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Magic sign guard Hassani Gravett 

Post#1 » by ezzzp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ezzzp
Head Coach

Re: Magic sign guard Hassani Gravett 

Post#2 » by ezzzp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Incumbent Starters:
1 D.J. Augustin
2 Evan Fournier
3 Aaron Gordon
4 Jonathan Isaac
5 Nikola Vucevic

Rotation:
6 Michael Carter-Williams
7 Terrence Ross
8 Al-Farouq Aminu
9 Khem Birch

Potential Rotation:
10 Wesley Iwundu
11 Markelle Fultz
12 Mo Bamba

Injured / Inactive :
13 Melvin Frazier (IL)
14 Chuma Okeke (IL) unsigned

---

Training Camp Invites:
15 Hassani Gravett (Exhibit 10)
16 Josh Magette (2 Way / G-League)
17 DaQuan Jeffries (Exhibit 10)
18 Vic Law (Exhibit 10)
19 Amile Jefferson (2 Way / G-League)
20 Isaac Humphries (Exhibit 10)
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#3 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Bamba will be the backup center to start the season. I'm positive on that, he is not a potential rotation piece. Now, whether or not he can play well enough to keep it from Birch throughout the season is another question.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#4 » by ezzzp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm

ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#5 » by ezzzp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 pm

moved this to the OfficialSpeculation thread to keep this one on topic
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#6 » by pepe1991 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm

To be fair to Bamba, Birch is simply better suited for backup role. He is high energy guy, he won't take bad shots, he won't take usage from Ross/Fultz /whoever and he will not make mental rookie mistakes.

Bamba will be handed some min because of draft stock, just like Isaac was, but unlike Isaac's spot last year, he actually has player that can play better than him.
There is probably better scenario for Fultz to get into serious rotation before Bamba because MCW and his offense are bottom of the bottoms.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#7 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 pm

pepe1991 wrote:To be fair to Bamba, Birch is simply better suited for backup role. He is high energy guy, he won't take bad shots, he won't take usage from Ross/Fultz /whoever and he will not make mental rookie mistakes.

Bamba will be handed some min because of draft stock, just like Isaac was, but unlike Isaac's spot last year, he actually has player that can play better than him.
There is probably better scenario for Fultz to get into serious rotation before Bamba because MCW and his offense are bottom of the bottoms.
Bamba will probably be much better than Birch on offense too.

Birch played during the easiest part of the season and if Bamba was healthy we'd probably have the same result.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#8 » by drsd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Back on topic, is this another PG to develop? What's Gravett's upside?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#9 » by pepe1991 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:To be fair to Bamba, Birch is simply better suited for backup role. He is high energy guy, he won't take bad shots, he won't take usage from Ross/Fultz /whoever and he will not make mental rookie mistakes.

Bamba will probably be much better than Birch on offense too.

Birch played during the easiest part of the season and if Bamba was healthy we'd probably have the same result.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Birch was simply better. There is nothing to argue about it. Complete turnaround in production of bench in addition of Magic turnaround of season isn't accident , it happend after Grant and Bamba were removed from rotation.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM

Post#10 » by drsd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#11 » by jayrehme » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:59 pm

drsd wrote:Back on topic, is this another PG to develop? What's Gravett's upside?
Rayshard7
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#12 » by Rayshard7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:46 pm

His potential is 6th man type of microwave scorer off the bench he was the SEC 6th man of the year and is a decent passer, good shooter, balk handler, athletic

Basically he could be an amazing spark plug, change of pace off the bench if he develops and makes the official roster next yr
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#13 » by ezzzp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:51 pm

The State:

“I think there were a couple things I noticed about him that really stood out,” said Jake Kelfer, PBC founder and director. “One was his ability to shoot. I mean, the guy has range for days. That was pretty evident.

“The second thing is his athleticism. I didn’t realize how athletic he was. I think he tested really well in our jumping test as well as a few other tests — in terms of rebound speed, with some of the advanced analytic that we have at the combine. I think he’s one of the higher ranked players that were there in terms of being able to get off the ground, hit the ground and get back up. So there’s a lot of benefits there.

The 6-foot-3 Gravett last season led the SEC in 3-point field goal percentage in conference games. He wants NBA teams to know, though, that he’s more than a shooter.

“I just want them to look at me more so in my role as a point guard,” Gravett said. “As you guys know, Frank (Martin) moved me to the (shooting guard) this year, so I was playing shooting guard mostly. But I can score the ball, so that’s why people sometime say ‘Oh, well he’s a shooting guard.’ But I mean, if you look at today’s game, look at the point guards — Damian Lillard, Steph Curry, those are scoring point guards.

I’m able to use the pick and roll and use my teammates and get myself involved and create for others just as easy as it is to create my own shot.”
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 717

Post#14 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 am

A guard?!?
Why didn't we get another Forward/Center??

This kid put up some starter #'s as a 6th Man.
Though 29 minutes a game could be considered starter minutes by some.
Keep your politics out of my sports
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#15 » by tiderulz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 am

drsd wrote:Back on topic, is this another PG to develop? What's Gravett's upside?

was a bench player as a senior, started 5 games out of 32 played. 11ppg, 4 rpg
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#16 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:23 am

That video is impressive though. Granted its a mix tape, but he's crafty, knows how to use his body to get to the basket whenever necessary, and fight through fouls to make the shot. Add to that the handles, awareness, shooting, and smooth passing... It seems like everything we've missed since, at least Jameer, arguably as far back as Penny.
drsd
RealGM

Post#17 » by drsd » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:52 am

tiderulz wrote:

To be fair Darrell Armstrong was a field goal kicker in college. Gravett after 2-5 years of development, one never knows. Reading above, he does seem to have an NBA skill (distance shooting). But the lack of discussion on defense suggest he is a well below average defender.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#18 » by ezzzp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 am

drsd wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

To be fair Darrell Armstrong was a field goal kicker in college. Gravett after 2-5 years of development, one never knows. Reading above, he does seem to have an NBA skill (distance shooting). But the lack of discussion on defense suggest he is a well below average defender.

he doesn’t have length but looks pretty sturdy and capable of playing physical...maybe he develops into something like Toronto’s Fred VanVleet
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#19 » by tiderulz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am

drsd wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

while Armstrong was a kicker he also played 3 years on the basketball team and first-team conference selection, and then still spent 4 years working his way thru USBL, CBA and overseas.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#20 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am

Can score with a nice shot but seems a little too slow to be an NBA baller.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic