ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,485

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1201 » by canman1971 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:21 pm

This is a Celtics board, and further a Celtics offseason thread. Stop talking about the damn Nets. We have a thread for the rest of the NBA.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1202 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:21 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
cl2117 wrote:I genuinely feel bad for Prokorov. It's getting weird and downright creepy. GET HELP DUDE. Or friends. Or just anything other than this unhealthy obsession with defending Kyrie Irving and stalking the Celtics.

Could Porkhorov actually be Kyrie? Was it Kyrie defending himself this entire time on our board? I mean it would make a lots of sense when you put it together with Porkhorov's latest thoughts on how great the Nets defense will be and how Kurucs is such an amazing player and defender( :lol: )

I never said the Nets defense would be good. it was awful last year, id expect at best marginal improvement but similar level give or take a negligible amount... especially since the nets dont value defense much either in roster construction or scheme. Content playing zone for full games, tempting teams into wide open low efficiency shots and trying to outscore people.

we will start 1 god awful defender in levert, 2 below average to bad ones in kyrie harris, and a pair of 20-21 year old bigs.
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#1203 » by Big Joke Line » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:06 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:Imagine being a Nets fan? Not sure there is anything worse than being irrelevant for your entire existence

I dont want to picture being that lonely. Worst attendance in the NBA despite playing in NY. Gross.

Not to make excuses but any hoops fan over 10 from Brooklyn is a Knicks fan and that arena is a pain to get to for anyone outside of Brooklyn.
Hey Man, nice shot!
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,529

Post#1204 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote: you dont pay back-up centers 40M,

You do in Florida and in the District of Columbia.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,104

Post#1205 » by La Flame » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am

Kemba will have a far better and efficient season than Kryie now lets move on
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,555

Post#1206 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 am

Damn, ya'll make Cs fans look terrible. If you're glad Kyrie is gone then it sure doesn't look like it.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#1207 » by Taget » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 am

Big Joke Line wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:Imagine being a Nets fan? Not sure there is anything worse than being irrelevant for your entire existence

I dont want to picture being that lonely. Worst attendance in the NBA despite playing in NY. Gross.

Not to make excuses but any hoops fan over 10 from Brooklyn is a Knicks fan and that arena is a pain to get to for anyone outside of Brooklyn.

Atlantic and Flatbush? Used to have to drive through there a number of years ago. That was a pain even before they built the damn stadium.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,641

Post#1208 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Ouch, lol
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,641

Post#1209 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Ainge made an appearance on the Michael Holley Podcast with Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca this past week and reflected a bit on when he believed trouble was brewing last year. One sign? An early conversation with Jaylen Brown in the lunch room.

“He came and sat behind me, and he said, ‘Do you think we’re as good as the 1986 Celtics team?’ ” Ainge told Holley. “And I went, ‘Oh my gosh. He’s so young.’ I mean, I just don’t think they could even grasp that 1985 loss to the Lakers and the torture of that series and what that led (to), and Larry Bird was in his prime, one of the greatest Celtics of all time. But it was just fascinating. (Brown) was looking at it like matchup to matchup to matchup, like you’re doing a video game. That was a real awakening to me — just the perspective of guys.”

The Celtics went on to a disappointing 49-win season and ugly second-round exit against the Bucks.

“Certain guys thought they were going to be All-Stars this year,” Ainge said. “And they work hard all summer to reach these individual goals, but we just had too much individual goals. We didn’t have enough guys that winning was the most important thing. And when you have 21- and 22-year-old kids, that’s gonna happen.”

Read on Twitter
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#1210 » by Roddy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849414-you-dont-know-terrys-scary

By the following night, not only the Knicks but also Phoenix had offered a contract. A bigger, better one. We gonna have to take that one, he thought.

Then the Charlotte Hornets beckoned. Rozier remained inclined to accept Phoenix's bid. That was when, Rozier said, Michael Jordan, the Hornets' principal owner, intervened. "Mike was overseas, and I can just picture him probably having a cigar in his mouth and the words he told Mitch [Kupchak], the GM, was like: 'Get him over here. Do what you need to do to get him over here.'"

"Didn't try to get too high, then let the stuff get to me," Rozier said. "Didn't try to get too low, when things weren't going my way. Just try to stay right there in the moment, and it worked out for me. Then a lot of people that wasn't on the Terry Rozier train, talking all that B.S., hop on. That's just how I go."

But the roster last season never coalesced. Players like Rozier were asked to adjust to supporting roles behind now-healthy stars Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, and once an NBA player finds lightning, it's hard for him to be asked to bottle it back up. The uncertainty of Irving's looming free agency also shadowed the franchise.

"Not liking how me being positioned and me being used as a person, player and I just feel like things could have been done better, could've been handled better on Boston's end and on my end," Rozier answered when asked what went wrong last season. "I feel like things could've been a lot better, and it wasn't."
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,543

Post#1211 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:57 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Ainge made an appearance on the Michael Holley Podcast with Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca this past week and reflected a bit on when he believed trouble was brewing last year. One sign? An early conversation with Jaylen Brown in the lunch room.

“He came and sat behind me, and he said, ‘Do you think we’re as good as the 1986 Celtics team?’ ” Ainge told Holley. “And I went, ‘Oh my gosh. He’s so young.’ I mean, I just don’t think they could even grasp that 1985 loss to the Lakers and the torture of that series and what that led (to), and Larry Bird was in his prime, one of the greatest Celtics of all time. But it was just fascinating. (Brown) was looking at it like matchup to matchup to matchup, like you’re doing a video game. That was a real awakening to me — just the perspective of guys.”

The Celtics went on to a disappointing 49-win season and ugly second-round exit against the Bucks.

“Certain guys thought they were going to be All-Stars this year,” Ainge said. “And they work hard all summer to reach these individual goals, but we just had too much individual goals. We didn’t have enough guys that winning was the most important thing. And when you have 21- and 22-year-old kids, that’s gonna happen.”

Read on Twitter

This really has nothing to do with Rozier, Tatum, Brown, Smart (to some extent) personally. It's young players that don't fully understand what it takes to win in the NBA. Happens all the time. That's why young team usually don't win in the playoffs.

Celtics fans should be excited that Tatum, Brown and Smart have had some tough NBA life lessons that they can learn from the past few years. Highs of 2 years ago and Lows of last year. Important lessons to move forward with in their careers.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#1212 » by cloverleaf » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am

With that query from Brown it might be best for him not to make it to the World Cup this summer, though with so many players pulling out he seems likely to make the cut.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#1213 » by 5InOfLouisville » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 am

cloverleaf wrote:With that query from Brown it might be best for him not to make it to the World Cup this summer, though with so many players pulling out he seems likely to make the cut.

Why might it be best for him not to make it?
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#1214 » by 100proof » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 pm

That question that Brown asked is completely out of context imo.

And without the context and the entirety of the conversation it's impossible to tell what was truly being implied.

I mean, he could have just as easily been pointing out that they were not nearly as good as the 86 Celtics, but just doing it in a very cryptic way, in a way to get Danny's trade wheel turning.

Kind of a Rhetorical question.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#1215 » by Roddy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:35 pm

100proof wrote:That question that Brown asked is completely out of context imo.

And without the context and the entirety of the conversation it's impossible to tell what was truly being implied.

I mean, he could have just as easily been pointing out that they were not nearly as good as the 86 Celtics, but just doing it in a very cryptic way, in a way to get Danny's trade wheel turning.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/podcast/michael-holley

Go to 13:40 for the Jaylen part.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#1216 » by ParticleMan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Roddy wrote:
100proof wrote:That question that Brown asked is completely out of context imo.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/podcast/michael-holley

Go to 13:40 for the Jaylen part.

also go to 16:02.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1217 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Don’t tell Wyc, but I chuckled a little when he mentioned Churchill, listed Celtics principles, and then said sth like “What does England need?”
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#1218 » by JJHondo17 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Don’t tell Wyc, but I chuckled a little when he mentioned Churchill, listed Celtics principles, and then said sth like “What does England need?”

Love Wyc, makes you feel good inside when you have good, local, stable ownership. It makes a big difference. The Patriots are another example of where this rings true.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1219 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:29 pm

JJHondo17 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Don’t tell Wyc, but I chuckled a little when he mentioned Churchill, listed Celtics principles, and then said sth like “What does England need?”

Love Wyc, makes you feel good inside when you have good, local, stable ownership. It makes a big difference. The Patriots are another example of where this rings true.

Yeah, absolutely. Good, stable ownership, good, stable front office, good, stable coach. Probably the reason we were able to get Kemba after a down season.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#1220 » by Taget » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:31 pm

JJHondo17 wrote:

Are you implying that the Patriots didn't flourish while James Orthwein was plotting to move the team to St. Louis? :eyebrows: Though to be fair Robert Kraft did sign on the dotted line to move the team to Hartford and they only stayed in the Boston area due to environmental cleanup costs at the new stadium site. And the Sullivan family was stable, local, and most notable for producing mediocre teams.

But I definitely agree. Good ownership and management helps. And you appreciate it more when you remember just how bad our management was before. Anyone remember back when our idea of signing a big free agent "all-star" was throwing big money at Dana Barros?
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

Return to Boston Celtics