ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 NYK schedule

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,432

Re: 2019-20 NYK schedule 

Post#41 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:15 pm

the league is very unbalanced right now, the west has so many better teams. the 9th, 10th best team in the west might have home court in the east. there are 2 good teams in the east now, mil & philly. that's it. does anyone think any of the raptors, celtics, pacers, pistons, nets, magic, heat would make the playoffs in the west ? i don't

the league was so aware of how bad the east was that they moved the west games up a half hour.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,868

Post#42 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:the league is very unbalanced right now, the west has so many better teams. the 9th, 10th best team in the west might have home court in the east. there are 2 good teams in the east now, mil & philly. that's it. does anyone think any of the raptors, celtics, pacers, pistons, nets, magic, heat would make the playoffs in the west ? i don't

the league was so aware of how bad the east was that they moved the west games up a half hour.

This is why anything can happen this season regarding our team. I think our roster looks solid and capable of playing over .500 ball against EC opponents. Will that be enough to balance out a probable losing record against WC opponents? I don't know. But if the Knicks become a strong home court team, then I think the East is highly unpredictable for us maybe in a good way.
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#43 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:the league is very unbalanced right now, the west has so many better teams. the 9th, 10th best team in the west might have home court in the east. there are 2 good teams in the east now, mil & philly. that's it. does anyone think any of the raptors, celtics, pacers, pistons, nets, magic, heat would make the playoffs in the west ? i don't

I agree with every point. The east is very weak this year. If this east ends up being bad this year and let’s say the pelicans miss the playoffs out west but in the east would be 5 or 6th seed. I can see a real debate going into the next decade about changing the playoff format. It’s not in the best interest of the league to keep it this way if the league can’t have more balance.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#44 » by Blockwatcher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:

I agree with every point. The east is very weak this year. If this east ends up being bad this year and let’s say the pelicans miss the playoffs out west but in the east would be 5 or 6th seed. I can see a real debate going into the next decade about changing the playoff format. It’s not in the best interest of the league to keep it this way if the league can’t have more balance.

Players just need to move around. Nobody trying to watch the Magic play the Clippers in the 1st round or the 76ers vs the trailblazers. I sure dont wanna stay up till 2 in the morning seeing the knicks get stomped in golden state
1 John 2 : 15-17
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#45 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Ehhh I think you're underrating some of the East teams and you're definition of good is more of a definition elite IMO.

Raptors Celtics Pacers and Nets (yes I hate this too and think they're slightly overrated) would all be in the playoff hunt in the West.

Raptors-have a ton of quality depth (legitimately like 10-11 guys who can play in a playoff game and produce in a role). That helps a chit ton in the RS even if they don't have that top of the line guy anymore.

Celtics- Kemba is underrated. He might not be Kyrie (at his peak) but he's damn close and way steadier of a personality and leader. Hornets on-off numbers with him have been STAGGERING the past few years. Their biggest hole is at Center and it'll be interesting to see how their defense holds up with a Kanter and Robert Williams pairing there but they have tons of wing depth that under-performed last year. If Brown, Tatum and Hayward all improve off of last year they have one of the deepest wing rotations in the league. I'm still critical of how AInge handled everything and I don't see a path to a title this year but they still have a lot of quality guys.

Pacers - Jazz east. Without Oladipo they are meh. But they have plenty of front court depth and Brogdon raises their floor and if Oladipo's healthy they could be a potent 2 way team.

Nets- I hate them but Kyrie can be really good when locked in and LeVert looked GOOD in the playoffs.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#46 » by robillionaire » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:24 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:

The raptors just won the championship so I doubt the league will do anything any time soon as long as they get a champion out of the east every now and again
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#47 » by Blockwatcher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Now that i look at the schedule, i retract my previous statements about being over .500. We are going to start off bad and never recover
1 John 2 : 15-17
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,298

Post#48 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 pm

What pisses me off about free agency (regardless of the outcome), it's that the Knicks failure to sign big-name FAs has completely overshadowed the fact that we drafted RJ at #3, our highest pick since Patrick Ewing.

Without free agency, I think the Knicks get a lot more hype with RJ after his freshman season at Duke.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#49 » by robillionaire » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:21 am

Blockwatcher wrote:Now that i look at the schedule, i retract my previous statements about being over .500. We are going to start off bad and never recover

I'd rather this than start out with a weak schedule and a phony hot start only to blow it at the end when the schedule gets tougher. just rip the band aid off quick
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#50 » by malik959 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 am

Clyde_Style wrote:You actually predicted the W-L for each of the 82 games?

OK, you're a fanatic

Yep, I'm screen shotting this page so I can follow it throughout the season.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#51 » by Sark » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 am

malik959 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:You actually predicted the W-L for each of the 82 games?

OK, you're a fanatic

Yep, I'm screen shotting this page so I can follow it throughout the season.

RemindMe! 8 months.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#52 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Knicks have a ton of roster turnover and a coach who is still trying to leave an imprint. I don’t expect them to have chemistry or be good right away no matter the schedule.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#53 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 pm

IND is good and was solid against the West as well. All comes down to Oladipo. If he’s back to his 17-18 level, they’re def a Western playoff team.

Brogdon is gonna be great for them. Turner is a legitimate top defensive big in the NBA after last year. Odds are they flip Sabonis for another good piece if he doesn’t fit will, or they don’t b/c he does fit well next to Turner.

Losing Thad and Bojan sucks, but they should have enough firepower.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,432

Post#54 » by god shammgod » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:54 pm

lakers
clippers
denver
utah
houston
portland
golden state
spurs

who is indy better than ? would indy beat any of those teams in a 7 game series ? i don't see it. if you move the spurs east, they're the 3rd best team in the conference. the spurs & clippers last year, the 7th & 8th seed, only had 3 less wins then philly, who was the 3rd seed, and the overall record of their opponents is better. it really wouldn't surprise me if they could be the 2 seed in the east next year. the east records are all inflated because you get to play all those bottom teams so many times. the cavs, hawks, bulls, knicks....that's a lot of easy games. the only team like that out west was the suns.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#55 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#56 » by Kampuchea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Ehhh I think you're underrating some of the East teams and you're definition of good is more of a definition elite IMO.

Raptors Celtics Pacers and Nets (yes I hate this too and think they're slightly overrated) would all be in the playoff hunt in the West.

Raptors-have a ton of quality depth (legitimately like 10-11 guys who can play in a playoff game and produce in a role). That helps a chit ton in the RS even if they don't have that top of the line guy anymore.

Celtics- Kemba is underrated. He might not be Kyrie (at his peak) but he's damn close and way steadier of a personality and leader. Hornets on-off numbers with him have been STAGGERING the past few years. Their biggest hole is at Center and it'll be interesting to see how their defense holds up with a Kanter and Robert Williams pairing there but they have tons of wing depth that under-performed last year. If Brown, Tatum and Hayward all improve off of last year they have one of the deepest wing rotations in the league. I'm still critical of how AInge handled everything and I don't see a path to a title this year but they still have a lot of quality guys.

Pacers - Jazz east. Without Oladipo they are meh. But they have plenty of front court depth and Brogdon raises their floor and if Oladipo's healthy they could be a potent 2 way team.

Nets- I hate them but Kyrie can be really good when locked in and LeVert looked GOOD in the playoffs.

Disagree about Raps and Nets. Nets are stagnant compared to last year until KD is back. Raps lost a MVP level player.

Pacers can make it, I am a big Dipo fan and they play hard. Battle for 8 seed
Celtics even better
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Post#57 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Disagree about Raps and Nets. Nets are stagnant compared to last year until KD is back. Raps lost a MVP level player.

Celtics even better

Your username fits very nicely into the song Bohemian Rhapsody. Has anyone ever told you that before?

Kampuchea Kampuchea
Kampuchea Figaro
Free Palestine
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#58 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Celtics even better

Raps went 17-3 last year without Kawhi.... They're going to be a good team who absolutely stifles other teams on D even without Danny Green and Kawhi. People have to stop underrating their supporting cast. They get after it. I will say they have some regression candidates in Lowry and Gasol as they continue to age, but Siakam is a stud who will be let loose even more now. Anunoby will continue to improve and same with FVV.

Nets will be markedly better with Kyrie over Russell. He's an improvement in every facet over D'Lo and Jordan can muscle up with bigs that Jarrett Allen can't. A full season of LeVert will help them as well.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#59 » by Kampuchea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Your username fits very nicely into the song Bohemian Rhapsody. Has anyone ever told you that before?

Kampuchea Kampuchea
Kampuchea Figaro

Damn, hitting the sauce early Mr Wingo!

:party:

Just an homage to Cambodia. I miss living there

ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Post#60 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Your username fits very nicely into the song Bohemian Rhapsody. Has anyone ever told you that before?

Kampuchea Kampuchea
Kampuchea Figaro

Damn, hitting the sauce early Mr Wingo!

:party:

Just an homage to Cambodia. I miss living there

ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា

Good weed got my creative juices flowing. :lol:

Hope you weren’t offended.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks