ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the Offseason, Take 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#361 » by makeitstop » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:How high is that guy on a scale from 1 to Snoop?

I'm pretty sure he's at Snoop. I didn't know who he was and a quick Google search revealed, among other things, a show where he and other guys just smoke huge blunts and watch/comment on shows about things like whether aliens built Stone Henge.

Yeah he’s at snoop for sure. He’s a good rapper and a huge lifelong Knicks fan.

Anybody who calls himself 'Action Bronson' is okay with me. :lol:
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#362 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:39 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:How high is that guy on a scale from 1 to Snoop?

I'm pretty sure he's at Snoop. I didn't know who he was and a quick Google search revealed, among other things, a show where he and other guys just smoke huge blunts and watch/comment on shows about things like whether aliens built Stone Henge.

Yeah he’s at snoop for sure. He’s a good rapper and a huge lifelong Knicks fan.

Action Bronson watching Ancient Aliens in front of a green screen with people like Tyler the Creator and Alchemist was shockingly entertaining to me. He gets too much flack for sounding like Ghostface imo, they have the same voice but his style is way different and the Easy Rider themed album was psychedelic heat. He's also worth looking up for his many random festival moments like rapping from a porter potty mid-performance and the many times he has just started launching fans into the crowd to crowd surf. Plus he used to a chef...dude is probably madd fun to kick it with.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#363 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm

damn, bol bol finna get a 2-way contract?

sheesh
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,320

Post#364 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:10 am

Did Mitchell Robinson pull from team usa?
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#365 » by GEOLINK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:damn, bol bol finna get a 2-way contract?

sheesh

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#366 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Did Mitchell Robinson pull from team usa?

I believe so. :D
Free Palestine
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#367 » by aq_ua » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted, but it appears we were on the verge of signing Terry Rozier to a one year deal. Not sure how to feel about that, but certainly seems we were committed to adding a young veteran point guard of some sort.

Terry Rozier had been cautioned that free agency would be a whirlwind. By the time it ended, he had whiplash.

The evening before NBA teams spent more than $3 billion in free-agent contracts in just over 24 hours, Rozier found himself with friends celebrating an impending move to the Knicks. He had decided to bet on himself on a one-year deal. We're about to turn New York up, his friends cheered. "A night before free agency, I was a Knick," Rozier said.

He spent much of the night imagining what it would be like to light up Madison Square Garden. He woke up to a call at around 4 a.m. Phoenix had offered a contract. A bigger, better one. We gonna have to take that one, he thought.

Also seems to imply we did a fair amount of pre-free agency recruiting (questionable...) but personally I’m glad we missed on Rozier and thus an opportunity for DSJ and Frank to make or break this year.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,263

Post#368 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 pm

aq_ua wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted, but it appears we were on the verge of signing Terry Rozier to a one year deal. Not sure how to feel about that, but certainly seems we were committed to adding a young veteran point guard of some sort.

Terry Rozier had been cautioned that free agency would be a whirlwind. By the time it ended, he had whiplash.

The evening before NBA teams spent more than $3 billion in free-agent contracts in just over 24 hours, Rozier found himself with friends celebrating an impending move to the Knicks. He had decided to bet on himself on a one-year deal. We're about to turn New York up, his friends cheered. "A night before free agency, I was a Knick," Rozier said.

He spent much of the night imagining what it would be like to light up Madison Square Garden. He woke up to a call at around 4 a.m. Phoenix had offered a contract. A bigger, better one. We gonna have to take that one, he thought.

Also seems to imply we did a fair amount of pre-free agency recruiting (questionable...) but personally I’m glad we missed on Rozier and thus an opportunity for DSJ and Frank to make or break this year.

Interesting...A 1 year deal would have been ok, but he is not someone I would want to give a big, long term deal to. The contract he got was an overpay imo. Maybe they bid up because they had to beat our 1 year deal
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#369 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:31 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Did Mitchell Robinson pull from team usa?

I believe so. :D

Star in the making confirmed
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#370 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:09 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:damn, bol bol finna get a 2-way contract?

sheesh

Read on Twitter

yikes
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,047

Post#371 » by GONYK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
aq_ua wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted, but it appears we were on the verge of signing Terry Rozier to a one year deal. Not sure how to feel about that, but certainly seems we were committed to adding a young veteran point guard of some sort.

Interesting...A 1 year deal would have been ok, but he is not someone I would want to give a big, long term deal to. The contract he got was an overpay imo. Maybe they bid up because they had to beat our 1 year deal

I didn't want Scary Terry, no matter the length.

It's interesting we basically signed him though.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#372 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:24 pm

GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The FO presumably pivoted from Rozier, once no longer available, to Payton.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#373 » by aq_ua » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The article goes on to talk about how Michael Jordan basically pushed his GM to outbid Phoenix, which ended up in the contract Rozier got. I agree - it was an overpay, but really not surprising given their track record.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#374 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 pm

GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Yeah, probably not a good idea especially since it sounds like he would be playing for a big deal. Its hard to see a scenario where that would have worked well for us. I am really not that crazy about THIS many high priced rentals.

Not that he should be handed anything, but really do want to see Frank get some minutes too.
Mavs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#375 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 pm

aq_ua wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The article goes on to talk about how Michael Jordan basically pushed his GM to outbid Phoenix, which ended up in the contract Rozier got. I agree - it was an overpay, but really not surprising given their track record.

Glad Jordan's not here. He has to be one of the worse front office guys.
Mavs
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#376 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#377 » by F N 11 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Did anybody post KP mid workout flexing pics yet?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,827

Post#378 » by HerSports85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Well I’ll start... this is terrible. The last thing I wanted KP to do when he was here was Bulk up.

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,431

Post#379 » by JXL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Well I’ll start... this is terrible. The last thing I wanted KP to do when he was here was Bulk up.

Read on Twitter

Why the hell should he gain more bulk than work on his cardio? He doesn't need to go weights, he should be on the treadmill more and get on the bike to enhance his cardio as well as strengthening that knee. Dude has anmenia and needs to keep up his cardio for a long career.

He's gonna crash come January.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,047

Post#380 » by GONYK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm

JXL wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Well I’ll start... this is terrible. The last thing I wanted KP to do when he was here was Bulk up.

Read on Twitter

Why the hell should he gain more bulk than work on his cardio? He doesn't need to go weights, he should be on the treadmill more and get on the bike to enhance his cardio as well as strengthening that knee. Dude has anmenia and needs to keep up his cardio for a long career.

He's gonna crash come January.

He needed to do both. I think it's a safe bet he did.

Return to New York Knicks