ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#161 » by T-Cat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#162 » by basketballRob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Fultz has been pretty dedicated to working out in Orlando this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#163 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#164 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Say what you want about him, but one thing that clearly can't be questioned is his work ethic. He is working hard to get back and has made an effort to integrate himself into this franchise. For that, he has earned my respect. Just hoping now that he can get back healthy. It would change everything for us.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#165 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Looks like good signs for me.
aka: prorl
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#166 » by basketballRob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:42 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Is that Chuma on the right hand side of that first tweet? It's been 4 1/2 months and some players have come back as soon as 4 months.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#167 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm

basketballRob wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Is that Chuma on the right hand side of that first tweet? It's been 4 1/2 months and some players have come back as soon as 4 months.

That’s AG. Chuma has a right shoulder tattoo.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#168 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Welp I just bought a couple Fultz rookie cards. LET'S GO
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,606

Post#169 » by RookieStar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Ok this is too funny. We gotta rely on our scrubs to be able to get snippets of info on Fultz. lol
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#170 » by NavalAviator94 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 pm

The only question I have is if there is any hitch while he shoots free throws. If there isn't one, I'm hopeful.
BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 660

Post#171 » by BlueBalls » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:If Washington called at deadline and demanded Flutz and an unprotected FRP for Beal (Fournier as a filler) would you guys pull the trigger?

They can have this "Flutz" **** to whom you refer. Especially if we get rid of Fournier in the process.

And to top it off, Beal comes back? Is this the real life?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#172 » by KillMonger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Waiting for that interview at this point, if you're not ready to make a comeback how are doing interviews for big networks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#173 » by Def Swami » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Markelle "No Timetable" Fultz
As the start of training camp draws closer for the Orlando Magic, point guard Markelle Fultz continues to recover from the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue in his right shoulder issue that forced him to miss nearly all of last season.

Fultz was acquired last season in a trade deadline deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, who picked Fultz No. 1 overall in the 2017 NBA Draft. Fultz last appeared in an NBA game on Nov. 19, 2018, when he played seven minutes against the Phoenix Suns.

Having played in just 14 games as a rookie, Fultz has appeared in only 33 NBA games in what have been two injury-filled seasons.

At the time of the trade, the Magic pledged to bring Fultz along slowly and not rush his return. And while Fultz has been working closely with coaches and training staff this offseason, Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman this week reiterated the cautious approach.

“I’m not going to put a timetable on it, as we haven’t before, but he continues to work hard and make progress, and he’s in a good place working with the coaches and rehab guys,” Weltman told the Sentinel.

Fultz has been working closely with Magic coaches and training staff this offseason. He recently has been seen putting up shots in videos posted to social media, sparking speculation that he’s nearing a return.

Weltman, however, threw up a caution flag.

“Again, we’re not going to put timelines or expectations on how that all unfolds. It will come as it comes,” Weltman said. “As I’ve been saying, he continues to be in a good place and get better and improve. I can’t predict exactly how that’s going to look when it unfolds, but we’re very excited about the progress that he’s made.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-news-20190815-amug7l2atnfpfjpbvxrth6rg7q-story.html
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#174 » by Ducklett » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:07 am

Def Swami wrote:Markelle "No Timetable" Fultz
As the start of training camp draws closer for the Orlando Magic, point guard Markelle Fultz continues to recover from the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue in his right shoulder issue that forced him to miss nearly all of last season.

Fultz was acquired last season in a trade deadline deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, who picked Fultz No. 1 overall in the 2017 NBA Draft. Fultz last appeared in an NBA game on Nov. 19, 2018, when he played seven minutes against the Phoenix Suns.

Having played in just 14 games as a rookie, Fultz has appeared in only 33 NBA games in what have been two injury-filled seasons.

At the time of the trade, the Magic pledged to bring Fultz along slowly and not rush his return. And while Fultz has been working closely with coaches and training staff this offseason, Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman this week reiterated the cautious approach.

“I’m not going to put a timetable on it, as we haven’t before, but he continues to work hard and make progress, and he’s in a good place working with the coaches and rehab guys,” Weltman told the Sentinel.

Fultz has been working closely with Magic coaches and training staff this offseason. He recently has been seen putting up shots in videos posted to social media, sparking speculation that he’s nearing a return.

“Again, we’re not going to put timelines or expectations on how that all unfolds. It will come as it comes,” Weltman said. “As I’ve been saying, he continues to be in a good place and get better and improve. I can’t predict exactly how that’s going to look when it unfolds, but we’re very excited about the progress that he’s made.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-news-20190815-amug7l2atnfpfjpbvxrth6rg7q-story.html

Putting a date or an absolute on anything with this guy is a mistake. Why would our front office even want to step on that landmine? To make some realgm posters and reddit trolls feel better?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#175 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Yea I think it makes sense to not put dates or timetables publicly. For all we know maybe they may have an actual timetable communicated to him but it doesn't help him to share that publicly. The important thing is that he is working with the team and coaches.
aka: prorl
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#176 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Def Swami wrote:Markelle "No Timetable" Fultz

Feels like I've heard this same exact line 13,000 times since we traded for him at the deadline. Weltman/Hammond consistently making comments like this just makes the situation so much weirder. I can understand them not having a timetable set last season and not wanting to rush him back, but you would think at this point they would be comfortable saying they have a timetable for him to at the very least return at some point next season or preferably training camp.

I mean with him working with the coaches and staff every single day you would think they would have some sort of idea on a timetable. Like isn't it just common practice for a player to have a timetable to return from injury and to be working towards that date? Or is there just such little known about his condition that they just truly arent sure.

Idk, it could also just be Weltman continuing to be "mysterious' and not letting a drop of information leak to the media or fanbase. He wouldn't want to give the fanbase a little hope or anything. The whole situation is just frustrating but luckily we have very little invested into him.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#177 » by Driguez » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Weltman just being smart. Why add pressure to his situation? I'm completely ok with what he said matter of fact I expected it. Plus, if the whole mental health thing is true, then WHY would you want to aggravate his situation? Let him get comfortable, let him get his confidence back if he's healthy next step would be confidence as its as important as health. Bring him in slowly even though I'm hopeful he will see the court before the end of the year.
"We all we got"- SVG
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#178 » by thelead » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:51 pm

If it meant truly being healthy and having his shot fixed, he could miss half of this season for all I care.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#179 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 am

WeHam don't have to tell us anything about fultz. What he's been saying is perfectly fine.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#180 » by OrlandO » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:02 am

It will only be concerning if he's still saying this stuff in late September around training camp. Until then it just sounds like vague PR speak meant to keep the spotlight off fultz.

Return to Orlando Magic