ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Yankees Thread II (Alex Cora & AJ Hinch fired)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread II 

Post#21 » by GEOLINK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:00 am

We were rumored to be in the trade conversation for him at the deadline. But thankfully we didn't get Shane Greene, he's been complete ass for the Braves.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,640

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 am

"Officer Douchebag" pulls his gun on Cashman in Derien, CT on a traffic stop over some paperwork issue. Video below:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-brian-cashman-gunpoint-cop-traffic-stop-20190814-vld7e7kkybgjrimcxw45r6wsva-story.html
Free Palestine
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#23 » by GEOLINK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:31 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:"Officer Douchebag" pulls his gun on Cashman in Derien, CT on a traffic stop over some paperwork issue. Video below:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-brian-cashman-gunpoint-cop-traffic-stop-20190814-vld7e7kkybgjrimcxw45r6wsva-story.html

Pretty wild to watch. Props to Cash, he handled himself well.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#24 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:"Officer Douchebag" pulls his gun on Cashman in Derien, CT on a traffic stop over some paperwork issue. Video below:

If this happened when Watson was GM, the memorial service would be today
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#25 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

After watching the video, am I getting this straight?
- They had a phone call about a dude driving in a white Jeep Wrangler with a gun that he'd flashed before leaving a doctor's office.
- Meanwhile Cashman had picked up his stolen Jeep Wrangler a day or two prior, but it was still registering as stolen to their scanners.

My main question is why are they letting this dude drive his car around when it's still pinging as stolen? Shouldn't they clear that ish up FIRST? Granted, they're looking for the car and think the driver is armed so I don't know how big a difference it would make but that seems ridiculous and could end really badly for someone that's caught off guard.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#26 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Yeah, it's a good thing Cash was cool and the cops recognized him. They were very courteous to him, considering how many of them there were. They suspected they'd find that guy with a gun, so they were ready for trouble.

For other drivers, it could have been a bit worse.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

If this happened when Watson was GM, the memorial service would be today

Oh right. I can attest to that.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#28 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:58 pm

j4remi wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

After watching the video, am I getting this straight?
- They had a phone call about a dude driving in a white Jeep Wrangler with a gun that he'd flashed before leaving a doctor's office.
- Meanwhile Cashman had picked up his stolen Jeep Wrangler a day or two prior, but it was still registering as stolen to their scanners.

My main question is why are they letting this dude drive his car around when it's still pinging as stolen? Shouldn't they clear that ish up FIRST? Granted, they're looking for the car and think the driver is armed so I don't know how big a difference it would make but that seems ridiculous and could end really badly for someone that's caught off guard.

Okay, so perhaps "Officer Douchebag" was a little over the top, but still. Just because you think someone may have a weapon doesn't mean that your weapon must be engaged. Maybe there's a mistake? Maybe he doesn't have a gun? There are better, less dangerous ways to engage someone like that because it can all go to hell if someone panics. Look at what just happened in Philadelphia. Narcotics Unit officers (I'm very familiar with that Unit, they're a bunch of cowboys) came busting in and they found trouble. 6 officers shot. Thankfully, all will survive. The neighborhood was shut down, etc.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsylvania/police-officers-shot-north-philadelphia-20190814.html
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#29 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Okay, so perhaps "Officer Douchebag" was a little over the top, but still. Just because you think someone may have a weapon doesn't mean that your weapon must be engaged. Maybe there's a mistake? Maybe he doesn't have a gun? There are better, less dangerous ways to engage someone like that because it can all go to hell if someone panics. Look at what just happened in Philadelphia. Narcotics Unit officers (I'm very familiar with that Unit, they're a bunch of cowboys) came busting in and they found trouble. 6 officers shot. Thankfully, all will survive. The neighborhood was shut down, etc.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsylvania/police-officers-shot-north-philadelphia-20190814.html

For sure fam, I'm not trying to vindicate anyone. I don't really know what the best course of action in a situation like that is and it's not one I'll speculate on. I'm just looking at the factors and thinking that could have gone much worse if a number of things didn't go right. But the obvious way to avoid any of it would be to make sure the car isn't pinging as stolen before you let the owner drive off with it. So I'm more or less curious if this was a "well it's brian cashman..." thing or a "this coulda been anybody" situation (in which case man could it be ugly if the circumstances are a little different).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#30 » by zappafrank » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:42 pm

similar occurrence happened to a buddy 15 years ago. had his car stolen. found it a week later. cops were supposed to pull it off the wanted list. let him take the car home. another week goes by and my friend gets pulled over, put face first in the street, "but it’s my car! I reported it found and you guys recorded it as recovered and let me take it home a week ago!" stupid cops didn't even apologize after they called it in and verified it was ok.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#31 » by Rich Rane » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm

Green, what the :censored: ?!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#32 » by Rich Rane » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Down 7-0 now. Holy crap.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,155

Post#33 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:56 am

This win gives me more hope than all our bashing against the Orioles.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#34 » by GEOLINK » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:04 am

I'm still upset we scored 0 runs with the bases loaded and 0 outs.

Reminded me of last year.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#35 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:38 am

GEOLINK wrote:I'm still upset we scored 0 runs with the bases loaded and 0 outs.

Reminded me of last year.

Yep that **** can't happen, we eclipsed a winning season for the 27th year in a row, going back to 1993.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#36 » by Papi_swav » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Man Judge is in a HUGE slump smh and how many at bats does Ursehla need to be considered for a batting title? he leads the AL with a .342 average.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#37 » by GEOLINK » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Happy to see Michael Kay back to announce the games.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#38 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 pm

I’m liking the fire in our team.

I’m hoping like 5-6 guys grab bats and hit the top of the dugout tomorrow.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,601

Post#39 » by bishnykfan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I’m liking the fire in our team.

I’m hoping like 5-6 guys grab bats and hit the top of the dugout tomorrow.

I know a lot of people were not excited by the Yankees bringing back both Gardner and Sabathia last offseason but they are obviously both very important to what has happened this year. They both seem to lead this team with emotion and Gardner has actually been good this year on the field too. They clearly fire up the team and have the respect of the younger players.

Love this video! :D

Read on Twitter
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#40 » by Rich Rane » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Man Judge is in a HUGE slump smh and how many at bats does Ursehla need to be considered for a batting title? he leads the AL with a .342 average.

502 plate appearances by the end of the season or enough hitless ABs where he would still be able to have the top average.

Hope he qualifies or LeMahieu holds on.

Return to New York Knicks