ImageImageImage

Danny Ainge/Celtics Moving Forward 2020

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: Danny Ainge/Celtics Moving Forward 2020 

Post#21 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: Jaylen didn't play great. Tatum had it going.

But...did Pop think all those players who started over Manu were better than him?

He must have had reasons.

Yeah, because starting someone doesn't mean he thinks they are better. Especially in the first scrimmage, especially when Tatum is considered a lock while Jaylen is on the bubble. Just own up to the bad post lol.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#22 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Pop just showed he liked Brown more than Tatum. I'm no expert and sure Tatum might start over Brown. Pop started Brown over Tatum. I would say Brown is being held back by the Celtics. He needs to just do what he does not get injured and odds are he is going to be a great player. Imho

I think he will be great, but i'm not sure all star great or not. He for sure tried to do to much offensively in that blue/white game. He still played amazing defense.

Tatum is still better. He for sure will make an all star game in his lifetime.
I just don't think I'm smarter than Pop. I'm clueless how good he becomes. I think with Pop as his coach might be top 5 player. I do think he is smart and will work so great teacher would make all the difference in player like him.

So considering all the awful things you've said about Marcus Smart, what do you think of Pop making him one of the captains for team USA?
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#23 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:47 am

The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I think he will be great, but i'm not sure all star great or not. He for sure tried to do to much offensively in that blue/white game. He still played amazing defense.

I just don't think I'm smarter than Pop. I'm clueless how good he becomes. I think with Pop as his coach might be top 5 player. I do think he is smart and will work so great teacher would make all the difference in player like him.

So considering all the awful things you've said about Marcus Smart, what do you think of Pop making him one of the captains for team USA?

That's like a Jumbo-Shrimp.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Havlicek17
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#24 » by Havlicek17 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 am

We have two of the best young wings in the NBA, and we're now on a path similar to what GS did. Build through the draft so there's some loyalty to the franchise. The discussion about trading JB seems so illogical to me. It's like saying, Curry is going to be a better player so we should trade Thompson.

We're gonna surprise a lot of people this year.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#25 » by Tiny ball » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:52 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I think he will be great, but i'm not sure all star great or not. He for sure tried to do to much offensively in that blue/white game. He still played amazing defense.

Think pop is losing it. He is getting very old.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#26 » by Tiny ball » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Havlicek17 wrote:We have two of the best young wings in the NBA, and we're now on a path similar to what GS did. Build through the draft so there's some loyalty to the franchise. The discussion about trading JB seems so illogical to me. It's like saying, Curry is going to be a better player so we should trade Thompson.

We're gonna surprise a lot of people this year.
Danny seems trade crazy. Draft and development just do not seem to be his thing.

The Celtics were better with 60 million dollars sitting out. I wanted that pick and not the trade for Kryee. I would have taken Hayward that was just money. Without Kryee we might have won a championship or two by now.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#27 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: I just don't think I'm smarter than Pop. I'm clueless how good he becomes. I think with Pop as his coach might be top 5 player. I do think he is smart and will work so great teacher would make all the difference in player like him.

didn't this same person try to use Popp's knowledge as a reason JB isn't a good player or something like that and say "pretty sure Popp knows more than you" like a week ago?

Do better, be better. Clowning yourself bad.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#28 » by Tiny ball » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

didn't this same person try to use Popp's knowledge as a reason JB isn't a good player or something like that and say "pretty sure Popp knows more than you" like a week ago?

It was JB is a good player. I still agree pop understands basketball better than people on here. He has had smart very short time. He does know what a snake he really is.imho

From watching this national team I think he is slipping.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#29 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Think pop is losing it. He is getting very old.

It was JB is a good player. I still agree pop understands basketball better than people on here. He has had smart very short time. He does know what a snake he really is.imho

I don't see much positive coming from you towards this Celtics team.
This is the Celtics Forum.

They're not even playing, and you're being negative.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#30 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Think pop is losing it. He is getting very old.

It seems more like you're twisting things into whatever direction you like to incorrectly argue.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#31 » by Tiny ball » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:50 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:didn't this same person try to use Popp's knowledge as a reason JB isn't a good player or something like that and say "pretty sure Popp knows more than you" like a week ago?

I don't see much positive coming from you towards this Celtics team.
This is the Celtics Forum.

They're not even playing, and you're being negative.

Was Smart even made a captain? I heard that was fake news? Smart is called the Cobra so is not a cobra a snake? I think I'm being picked on because I don't like the players others like. I like draft development. Danny wants to trade the young players for the next big name player. I was looking forward to all the draft picks and a ten year run at championships. I like the new draft picks. Love Edwards and Tacko. I have always had a thing against coaches goes back to high school. So in general don't like most all coaches. Living in Oregon well I think I don't need to say more about the most hated person in Oregon when I lived there. I like Brown, Tatum really all the players but Smart. I stopped saying fire Danny and Brad after this draft. Like 3 out Of the 4 picks.
I lived in Maine for many decades had to buy my first direct tv set up from sears so I could watch Celtics Basketball when I moved to ski country. I have paid every year since then but one for NBA tv to watch Celtics Basketball. That is I think well over two decades? I have been watching Celtics Basketball since the 1960s.

Return to Boston Celtics