Welcome Jonah Bolden

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Welcome Jonah Bolden 

Post#381 » by youngcrev » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:08 pm

Foshan wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:So is Bolden a better power-forward or centre? Regardless, he's really done well this season and If he continues down this path then he's going to be a very good player moving forward.

I really like him at PF, weak side shot blocker type that stretches the floor. Not sure the numbers bear that out though.

The numbers look a lot better with him at the 4, but most of that time was with Joel, and it's a fairly small sample size.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#382 » by rzzzzz » Tue Apr 9, 2019 8:28 pm

youngcrev wrote:The numbers look a lot better with him at the 4, but most of that time was with Joel, and it's a fairly small sample size.

pleasant surprise so far.
Jams60
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#383 » by Jams60 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:57 am

Just settling down to watch Australia v Canada warm up game for World Cup. Bolden on the bench. Mills, Ingles, Bogut, Delladova starting.
Jams60
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#384 » by Jams60 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 am

Bolden has been selected in the squad for the Australian Boomers at the World Championships and will make his senior team debut.
Playing at the 5 tonight, replacing Bogut in the rotations. Active in defence.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#385 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Jams60 wrote:Bolden has been selected in the squad for the Australian Boomers at the World Championships and will make his senior team debut.
Playing at the 5 tonight, replacing Bogut in the rotations. Active in defence.
His activity on defense has never been a concern. It's his discipline and consistency that needs to improve.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#386 » by Kobblehead » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Jonah's problem is that he's trying to be Serge Ibaka (because he knows that's how you maximize your earning potential), but his shooting ability won't allow it. If he just focused on being Kevon Looney instead, he'd find more consistency.
moistie
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#387 » by moistie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Jonah played a strong game against Canada last night. He scored 12 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists. He made some good hustle plays including a behind the back pass for three. Some highlights below.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#388 » by GimmeDat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 pm

Yeah Jonah was good last night. 12/5/2 in 17 mins. Hit both his 3 point attempts. Was active.
flat_eric
Junior
And1: 156

Post#389 » by flat_eric » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am

Just caught wind that Bolden has withdrawn from the Australian national team due to personal reasons and is heading back to Philadelphia. On the surface this seems very bizarre - I'll be interested to hear the full story.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#390 » by GimmeDat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:06 am

flat_eric wrote:Just caught wind that Bolden has withdrawn from the Australian national team due to personal reasons and is heading back to Philadelphia. On the surface this seems very bizarre - I'll be interested to hear the full story.

A lot of talk over here from reputable names that Jonah's pulled out because he wasn't starting. Pretty disappointing and not a good look.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#391 » by Simmons25 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 am

GimmeDat wrote:
flat_eric wrote:Just caught wind that Bolden has withdrawn from the Australian national team due to personal reasons and is heading back to Philadelphia. On the surface this seems very bizarre - I'll be interested to hear the full story.

A lot of talk over here from reputable names that Jonah's pulled out because he wasn't starting. Pretty disappointing and not a good look.

If true and he bailed because of that.. that's pathetic and he should never represent Australia again.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#392 » by GimmeDat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

If true and he bailed because of that.. that's pathetic and he should never represent Australia again.

Yeah most Aus bball fans, assuming it's true, are pretty pissed off. Especially after he committed, made it into the final cut (other NBA players didn't even make the team) and played 2 warmup games while we're trying to gel. Even Simmons had the courtesy to pull out before camp at least. Funny thing is Jonah played great last game and figured to have a growing role on the team.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#393 » by Kobblehead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 pm

I mean, didn't he do the same thing at U.C.L.A.?
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#394 » by Simmons25 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Yeah most Aus bball fans, assuming it's true, are pretty pissed off. Especially after he committed, made it into the final cut (other NBA players didn't even make the team) and played 2 warmup games while we're trying to gel. Even Simmons had the courtesy to pull out before camp at least. Funny thing is Jonah played great last game and figured to have a growing role on the team.

Let's be honest he is not getting a starting spot ahead of Mills, Ingles, Baynes, Dellavedova and Bogut... and the guy who has taken his minutes Jock Landale has probably been the best player on the floor the entire camp. These Gen Z'ers man...
still in payne
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#395 » by still in payne » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Frankly, I'd rather have Jonah back in Philly getting acquainted with our new players and working with our staff as opposed to struggling for minutes behind Baynes, Bogut, and Jock "Lion of the G League" Landale in a different system. Bolden is a FA after this year and although it's nice to represent your home country, he needs to take care of business in Philly.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#396 » by LloydFree » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:50 pm

still in payne wrote:Frankly, I'd rather have Jonah back in Philly getting acquainted with our new players and working with our staff as opposed to struggling for minutes behind Baynes, Bogut, and Jock "Lion of the G League" Landale in a different system. Bolden is a FA after this year and although it's nice to represent your home country, he needs to take care of business in Philly.

Bolden isn't a Free agent after next year.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#397 » by Sixerscan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 am

LloydFree wrote:
still in payne wrote:Frankly, I'd rather have Jonah back in Philly getting acquainted with our new players and working with our staff as opposed to struggling for minutes behind Baynes, Bogut, and Jock "Lion of the G League" Landale in a different system. Bolden is a FA after this year and although it's nice to represent your home country, he needs to take care of business in Philly.

He is if they decline his option, or cut him before his guarantee date more accurately, either way big year for him.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#398 » by kio80 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:37 am

A little disappointed to see him out of the Aussie team, but if it’s for getting ready for the next NBA season, I am all for it. It doesn’t seem like the Aussie team is going to do very well, I don’t see why Bogut was starting instead of Him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#399 » by LloydFree » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:46 am

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

He is if they decline his option, or cut him before his guarantee date more accurately, either way big year for him.

Oh. Ok. Didn't know that. In that case "still in Payne" is probably right that Bolden is better off concentrating on the 76ers. He and Zhaire are the only non-starters, who's contracts are capable of being traded before December 15. So he has to come in ready.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#400 » by GimmeDat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

Let's be honest he is not getting a starting spot ahead of Mills, Ingles, Baynes, Dellavedova and Bogut... and the guy who has taken his minutes Jock Landale has probably been the best player on the floor the entire camp. These Gen Z'ers man...

I would consider Baynes and Bogut 5's so Bolden is still in play for lots of PF minutes. Landale is a great fit offensively in the starting lineup, is a defensive liability but in a defensively strong lineup can be hidden better. I think Jonah's a better player when you consider the defense and passing though, so I'm a bit surprised he didn't get the initial starting nod (though they were just trying different lineups).

He still had a significant role to play and not having him will be a big loss.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers