ImageImageImageImageImage

The Shapiro & Rogers Megathread

Moderators: Rhettmatic, Alfred, Schad

phillipmike
Rookie
And1: 882

Re: The Shapiro & Rogers Megathread 

Post#781 » by phillipmike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:21 pm

ratul wrote:Ha, totally pal. We should give the shats an extension. What an amazing job these geniuses have done. Tell em you said so.

He doesnt deserve one... yet. Rat tool.

This management group deserves criticism for sure but not the bias, mindless, uneducated crap you spew. You are clearly clueless and don’t understand baseball.

But call for their heads all you want, it isn’t happening.

I’m happy that you continue to see this face;

Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 10,982

Post#782 » by Schad » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:58 pm

wamco wrote:I’d argue that advanced analytics overvalue defense actually. I’m sick of seeing “3 WAR” players that can’t hit for hit

It's quite possible that the metrics used in-house differ from WAR in that regard. There's been something of a debate as to whether the old positional matrix (which is used the determine the defensive importance of each position) is outdated...shifting means that infielders are often functionally covering less ground (2B in particular), while the increased flyball rate may play greater demands on corner OFs.
**** your asterisk.
phillipmike
Rookie

Post#783 » by phillipmike » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Read on Twitter
phillipmike
Rookie

Post#784 » by phillipmike » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm

phillipmike
Rookie

Post#785 » by phillipmike » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 pm

These guys are sooo bad at their job!

Read on Twitter
ratul
Head Coach
And1: 2,832

Post#786 » by ratul » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 am

phillipmike wrote:These guys are sooo bad at their job!

Read on Twitter

We have been eliminated from the playoffs already. It’s august. Not sure what exactly you are celebrating?
BigLeagueChew
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Post#787 » by BigLeagueChew » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:27 pm

i think ratul is still upset about losing his favorite players
ratul
Head Coach

Post#788 » by ratul » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:36 pm

BigLeagueChew wrote:i think ratul is still upset about losing his favorite players.

No, I am upset about us perennially sucking in strong part due to our incompetent front office. I am upset we are 26 games under .500 and have already been eliminated from the playoffs before September has even started.

Perhaps the real question is why are you so happy about this? This is our third straight year of 4th place finish and are hoping our front office can do something which they haven't done in a decade - which is to win a division title.
phillipmike
Rookie

Post#789 » by phillipmike » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:38 pm

ratul wrote:
phillipmike wrote:These guys are sooo bad at their job!

Read on Twitter

We have been eliminated from the playoffs already. It’s august. Not sure what exactly you are celebrating?

Derp a derp
BigLeagueChew
General Manager

Post#790 » by BigLeagueChew » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:39 pm

ratul wrote:
BigLeagueChew wrote:i think ratul is still upset about losing his favorite players.

No, I am upset about us perennially sucking in strong part due to our incompetent front office. I am upset we are 26 games under .500 and have already been eliminated from the playoffs before September has even started.

Perhaps the real question is why are you so happy about this? This is our third straight year of 4th place finish and are hoping our front office can do something which they haven't done in a decade - which is to win a division title.

I'd rather go for a championship , have seen 20+ years of treadmill Jays not good enough to win it all.

We haven't built from the bottom like this since the last world series championship, thats why i'm happy.

Screw strictly division titles, let's do what the Raptors just did.
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#791 » by Schad » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:58 pm

And as bad as our record is, we've been sneakily competent from mid-June on. Our record is 30-36 over that stretch, but we've outscored our opponents 350-335, and our team OPS is just under .800.

We're probably not ready to contend for the playoffs next year, because the bar for the playoffs is so high in the American League, but we're on the right track. Thus the positivity: this rebuild looks pretty damned successful to date. In the span of three years, we have transitioned from an organization that was extremely old, expensive and with few good prospects to one that has a good young core, talent throughout the minors, and a bunch of money to burn over the next two years.

Barring serious misfortune, we aren't going to be watching much bad baseball for the next several seasons.
**** your asterisk.
ratul
Head Coach

Post#792 » by ratul » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:44 pm

BigLeagueChew wrote:
ratul wrote:

I'd rather go for a championship , have seen 20+ years of treadmill Jays not good enough to win it all.

We haven't built from the bottom like this since the last world series championship, thats why i'm happy.

Screw strictly division titles, let's do what the Raptors just did.

A division title equals playoffs and avoids a play-in game. Shatkins has not done this in a decade - literally. I want to win but I don't really see why we should be confident. Vlad and Bo are great but not convinced by our pitching, defense or depth. There is little to show for our team despite being in our 4th year of a rebuild.

And was our 2015 or 2016 team treadmills?
BigLeagueChew
General Manager

Post#793 » by BigLeagueChew » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:57 pm

ratul wrote:

A division title equals playoffs and avoids a play-in game. Shatkins has not done this in a decade - literally. I want to win but I don't really see why we should be confident. Vlad and Bo are great but not convinced by our pitching, defense or depth. There is little to show for our team despite being in our 4th year of a rebuild.

And was our 2015 or 2016 team treadmills?

The team he was a huge part of building has been successful for several years in a row now but you only look at the current records of their teams and ignore everything else, how convenient.

We're roughly 8th in wrc+ over the last month without Gurriel and those young hitters in there peak...offense is trending up. Defense has improved while barely focusing on it, spreading at bats around as much as they can until more pitching arrives. haven't really started getting any pitching yet since we appeared to have focused on hitting first. What should you focus on first, who knows?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 14,979

Post#794 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Lol, the 4th year of a rebuild.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#795 » by Schad » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:08 pm

We also have a ridiculous amount of money available. Even if we keep payroll flat, we'll have something like $75m to spend in the offseason, assuming Giles is dealt. No one of note even hits arbitration until 2022. Trying to negotiate extensions would be a good use, but we'll also have money enough to add a couple good arms.

With Pearson and Kay likely to graduate at some point, the pitching staff should improve in 2020. It'll probably lag behind the hitting next year, but (health permitting) we'll have more talent bubbling up each year. We'll also likely have enough excess talent to swing trades for established players, because the system is pretty deep.
**** your asterisk.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 68,433

Post#796 » by vaff87 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:46 pm

Wonder what ratul will whine about if we do turn the corner and start winning on the backs of our young players?

“Pfff, AA built that team, anyway.”
rotty wrote:Wow
ratul
Head Coach

Post#797 » by ratul » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am

vaff87 wrote:Wonder what ratul will whine about if we do turn the corner and start winning on the backs of our young players?

Seriously? We suck as a team. We are 25 games under 500 and are already been eliminated from the playoffs. We have a gm who hasn’t come first in his division in a decade. A DECADE. This will be our third straight year in fourth and our franchise is losing money with a huge drop in attendance, despite us being winning in effectively garbage time with no number one or two starter and an awful defense. Other than Bichette, shats has done zero. We have no pitching, defense or depth. I am happy to be wrong. Just resigned to the fact I will be right. Hopefully ownership realizes the same thing and fires these morons. And thankfully more people agree with me beyond the truth deniers on this board.
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#798 » by Schad » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:39 am

Attendance has rebounded since the kids were called up. We averaged 27k a night on the recent homestand, and are at 22k on the year; those aren't stellar numbers, but attendance hasn't fallen off of a cliff as many around here anticipated. We're going to draw roughly as many fans as AA's 2010 team did, and they won 85 games, and that owes to the bit where a young team with a bunch of talent is actually fun to watch. You should try it some time!
**** your asterisk.
The_Hater
RealGM
And1: 23,898

Post#799 » by The_Hater » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:22 am

ratul wrote:
vaff87 wrote:Wonder what ratul will whine about if we do turn the corner and start winning on the backs of our young players?

Seriously? We suck as a team. We are 25 games under 500 and are already been eliminated from the playoffs. We have a gm who hasn’t come first in his division in a decade. A DECADE.

I love how you conveniently ignore that this same management team you’re calling losers built the Indians roster that won the Central Division from 2016-18, just so that you can spin another one of your ridiculous narratives. Also Atkins has only been an MLB GM for 3.5 years, not 10+.

Being an irritating troll is bad enough, you actually probably think you’re actually clever, but being dumber than a pile of rocks must be a terrible way to go through the rest of your life away from realGm.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ratul
Head Coach

Post#800 » by ratul » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:04 am

The_Hater wrote:
ratul wrote:

Seriously? We suck as a team. We are 25 games under 500 and are already been eliminated from the playoffs. We have a gm who hasn’t come first in his division in a decade. A DECADE.

I love how you conveniently ignore that this same management team you’re calling losers built the Indians roster that won the Central Division from 2016-18, just so that you can spin another one of your ridiculous narratives. Also Atkins has only been an MLB GM for 3.5 years, not 10+.

Being an irritating troll is bad enough, you actually probably think you’re actually clever, but being dumber than a pile of rocks must be a terrible way to go through the rest of your life away from realGm.

You can not be serious right? Shapiro was not GM of the Indians between 2016-18. Neither was Atkins.

And simple googling would tell you that your assertion that Shapiro built the 2016 indians team would be false. More than half the starting lineup from the Indians' 2016 team was new relative to 2015. I guess you are also giving Shats credit for Andrew Miller in absentia right? The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays