ImageImageImageImageImage

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (One team open for 2019-20 season)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,545

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62) 

Post#1281 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 pm

11 teams have now submitted their power rankings. We had 14 last year, 20 was the goal for this year. Lots of good comments for me to choose from so nice job by all who have participated!! Reminder, only the teams who submit rankings will get to see where they stand and what other GMs are saying about their team. I'll definitely give it a few more days before I post what I have. Also, please post your rankings 1-29, not 1-15 in both conferences. There has been some confusion on that part.

After the power rankings get posted, I will post K-DOT's extension rule amendment for discussion and eventually a vote. I'll wait a bit until the board is a bit more active before doing that, but I want it to get voted on before the season starts so look for it probably no later than next weekend.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,309

Post#1282 » by Phish Tank » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 pm

bishnykfan wrote:11 teams have now submitted their power rankings. We had 14 last year, 20 was the goal for this year. Lots of good comments for me to choose from so nice job by all who have participated!! Reminder, only the teams who submit rankings will get to see where they stand and what other GMs are saying about their team. I'll definitely give it a few more days before I post what I have. Also, please post your rankings 1-29, not 1-15 in both conferences. There has been some confusion on that part.

After the power rankings get posted, I will post K-DOT's extension rule amendment for discussion and eventually a vote. I'll wait a bit until the board is a bit more active before doing that, but I want it to get voted on before the season starts so look for it probably no later than next weekend.

oh damn, I forgot the comments. I'll add some thoughts to my rankings in a separate PM. My bad
bishnykfan

Post#1283 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:11 teams have now submitted their power rankings. We had 14 last year, 20 was the goal for this year. Lots of good comments for me to choose from so nice job by all who have participated!! Reminder, only the teams who submit rankings will get to see where they stand and what other GMs are saying about their team. I'll definitely give it a few more days before I post what I have. Also, please post your rankings 1-29, not 1-15 in both conferences. There has been some confusion on that part.

oh damn, I forgot the comments. I'll add some thoughts to my rankings in a separate PM. My bad

No worries, not everyone submitted comments. It was just an extra option for people that wanted to do it.
All-Time Draft

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1284 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:04 am

Shooters everywhere
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
bishnykfan

Post#1285 » by bishnykfan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 pm

TRANSACTION

The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade Džanan Musa to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for Semi Ojeleye and a 2021 2nd round draft pick (From San Antonio).
All-Time Draft

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,284

Post#1286 » by NewEra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Power rankings submitted. Kept my core together while upgrading defensively. Looking forward to another great run.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
bishnykfan

Post#1287 » by bishnykfan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:35 pm

Up to 13 teams submitting rankings...I would like to get at least seven more before I post them. I will let it go at least through next week. Anyone who would like to do it but may need more time, let me know. The more people who participate the better and more accurate results we will have.
All-Time Draft

bishnykfan

Post#1288 » by bishnykfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:34 pm

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade Chandler Parsons and a 2021 2nd round draft pick to the Miami Heat.
All-Time Draft

bishnykfan

Post#1289 » by bishnykfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm

TRANSACTION

The Miami Heat have agreed to a buyout with Chandler Parsons.
All-Time Draft

Context
RealGM
And1: 11,336

Post#1290 » by Context » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Context wrote:9 more GM's left to donate a drink for our commissioner...I am willing to match each donation up to $10-
just PM me when you donate it :D

https://www.gofundme.com/breadforbish

- its easy and you can do it anonymously. Simply go to the link- click on donate-
put "Mr" as your first name and your "board name" as your last- enter any credit card number(
they dont ask for a name) and like Magic- you are done!

Salute to you Slicin!

8 more gm's to go! As promised I will match the $10 now...
ON Edit: Match completed!

Salute to you Knicksfan20!
7 more to go- as promised I just matched!
Salute to you Knicksfan1992!
6 more to go- as promised I just matched!
Salute to you ezmoney707!
5 more to go- as promised I just matched!

Salute to you 3toheadmelo!
4 more to go- as promised I just matched!
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,669

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62) 

Post#1291 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:30 am

Power Rankings finally in. Will post in full after Bish posts the conglomerate.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1292 » by King of Canada » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:05 pm

I'll try to pull mine together between today and tomorrow
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
bishnykfan

Post#1293 » by bishnykfan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 pm

14 rankings in (matching last years total)...slowly but surely we're getting closer to the goal of at least 20 active participants. With the season starting exactly 9 weeks from today and sim season beginning a few weeks later then that, we still have some time. But I'm thinking Sunday night will be the final day for me to accept rankings so I can put it all together and move on as we ready for BAF season 3.

I will be putting up K-DOT's extension amendment this weekend for review and discussion. It will need to be voted on before the start of the regular season. Also, in another couple of weeks we will have to have all GMs commit to the 2019-20 season. There are many GMs who have been inactive the past month or so and we need to make sure that we have a full 30 team league to begin the season. Any questions about the upcoming year, let me know.
All-Time Draft

Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#1294 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

I'm ready for the disrespect again - i remember last year people really try to have me at the bottom of the east and we saw where that turned out. Let's gooooo

East did get better this year for sure - but i think people forget how to judge based on SIM vs future rankings for young players they think will become better vs how they really are now
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1295 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:I'm ready for the disrespect again - i remember last year people really try to have me at the bottom of the east and we saw where that turned out. Let's gooooo

East did get better this year for sure - but i think people forget how to judge based on SIM vs future rankings for young players they think will become better vs how they really are now

Ha! I listened too much to the opinions around me last year, went out of my way to tank, and still almost made the playoffs in the West. **** the haters man!

Spoiler:
On that note, I did not rank your team well :lol: But my exact comment was that the Sim may have you in the playoffs nonethless.
BAF Clippers

Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#1296 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:I'm ready for the disrespect again - i remember last year people really try to have me at the bottom of the east and we saw where that turned out. Let's gooooo

Ha! I listened too much to the opinions around me last year, went out of my way to tank, and still almost made the playoffs in the West. **** the haters man!

Spoiler:
On that note, I did not rank your team well :lol: But my exact comment was that the Sim may have you in the playoffs nonethless.

lol yeahh man, can't really compare people's rankings to what a sim will do - and I feel some people do not know or don't want to build a team around what the sim may rate players.

And no worries - I'm still expecting the same level of disrespect to the team since I don't have a "superstar" - but honestly, find me a deeper team in this BaF. I've been drinking so I'm ready for a little fun back and forth, but I honestly think I have the deepest team in this. Not necessarily the best, but the deepest. And if I was oh so close to hitting the finals last year, with a better team, I'm expecting pretty good things from my team this year.

Spoiler:
and if not, I still got that inaugural chip :lol: :lol:
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,284

Post#1297 » by NewEra » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm

I have you ranked pretty high. Depth is crazy
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,266

Post#1298 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Depth is def important in the sim...I had your team in the playoffs

11 (overall). Bucks
-Great depth
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1299 » by Brazilian Knick » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

lol yeahh man, can't really compare people's rankings to what a sim will do - and I feel some people do not know or don't want to build a team around what the sim may rate players.

And no worries - I'm still expecting the same level of disrespect to the team since I don't have a "superstar" - but honestly, find me a deeper team in this BaF. I've been drinking so I'm ready for a little fun back and forth, but I honestly think I have the deepest team in this. Not necessarily the best, but the deepest. And if I was oh so close to hitting the finals last year, with a better team, I'm expecting pretty good things from my team this year.

Spoiler:

Probably the SIM will prove me wrong and you'll end the season at a higher spot :lol: but I ranked you 7th in the East on my most recent Power Rankings (based on real life Offensive and Defensive Box Plux/Minus -and eye test- of each team's current 10 Man rotation found in GMs signatures)
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1300 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Your depth is definitely your strong suit. A few tough contracts in there but then some real value in $40 and under range.

I kinda want to figure out a trade tbh.
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks