ImageImageImageImage

Who would play on your squad? #TeamDay

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bigmagicfan82
Starter
And1: 343

Who would play on your squad? #TeamDay 

Post#1 » by Bigmagicfan82 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:02 am

Read on Twitter

I saw this on Twitter and thought it would be fun to post and see what everyone chose. I went with:

Penny (5)
T-MAC (5)
Hedo (3)
Vun (1)
Gordon (1)

Who do you pick?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,292

Re: Who would play on your squad? #TeamDay 

Post#2 » by Knightro » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:15 am

The only guy I'm 100% taking is Lewis for $1. That value is way too good to pass up.

G: Amstrong $1
G: McGrady $5
F: Turkoglu $3
F: Lewis $1
C: Shaq $5
Stuff
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#3 » by Stuff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 am

Shaq
Shard
Turk
T-Mac
D.A.

Not a whole lot of defense, but would be an offensive spectacle.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#4 » by MoMM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:57 pm

I did it in another thread, but here makes more sense...

My first option would be:
C: Shaq - $5
PF: Lewis - $1
SF: Hedo - $3
SG: Tmac - $5
PG: Darrell - $1

And as 2nd option:
C: Shaq - $5
PF: Ho - $1
SF: Lewis - $1
SG: TMac - $5
PG: Skiles - $3
MoMM
RealGM

Post#5 » by MoMM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Knightro wrote:The only guy I'm 100% taking is Lewis for $1. That value is way too good to pass up.

Almost the same for Hill and D12, but their values are too bad to pick up :laugh:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#6 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Stuff wrote:Shaq
Shard
Turk
T-Mac
D.A.

Not a whole lot of defense, but would be an offensive spectacle.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

This is what I came up with also. In their prime Shaq and TMac are some of the best to play the game at their positions. Just need to surround them with shooters and you are set. Give a little heart n hustle at the Point and world domination.

Shaq 5
Lewis 1
Armstrong 1
Tmac 5
Hedo 3

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MoMM
RealGM

Post#7 » by MoMM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 pm

Personally I'd demote Grant Hill to $3 tier and promote Hedo to $5 tier, then I'd demote 3D to $1 tier and promote Vooch to $3.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,045

Post#8 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Knightro wrote:The only guy I'm 100% taking is Lewis for $1. That value is way too good to pass up.

G: Amstrong $1
G: McGrady $5
F: Turkoglu $3
F: Lewis $1
C: Shaq $5

This is the only option.

Think about the Shaq and TMac combo. That combo beats the Kobe-Shaq duo. TMac was the better scorer in his prime with Orlando, and more importantly, a much more willing passer. Add in Hedo and Lewis as shooters and DA's Heart and Hustle and you have easy championships.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,259

Post#9 » by pepe1991 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:15 am

Tracy is pretty much 00s version of 2017-2019 Russell Westbrook.
Empty stats on teams that other teams hope to face in first round.

For all " better than Kobe talk" , when you actually go to real comparisons, Kobe was virtually better in everything but 3 point shooting , yet difference of 0,8% for career shows how minor it is and it's equaled out by being better mid range shooter and finisher around rim,

PEr 36 min their assist numbers were identical.
Per 36 min their rebounding numbers are in favor of Tracy, mostly because he was SF and Kobe played guard.

Even when you want to help out Tracy and only isolate years when he was actually good, Kobe ,especially in playoffs smokes him in efficiency.
Tracy'y TS% peak was 56% , Kobe in his career had 5 different seasons with TS% above that.

In playoffs Tracy's effective field goal percentage, for career was 45,6% , with peak of 50,6%, in 3 different seasons, Kobe's eFG% was above Tracy''s best , including 2010 when he won championship.

But we can all just ignore all that and come to simple- what did you achive part:
Kobe , 5 rings, 11 times played at least 70 games in regular season,unoficially career over at age of 35
Tracy, 0 rings, 0-8 in first rounds, 6 times played 70 or more games in regular season, unoficially career ended before he turned 30

Whole " But Kobe had Shaq argument" becomes silly when you know that Tracy had best center in basketball and despite both of them being healthy, they still could not PASS A DAMN FIRST ROUND ,yet in same period Kobe with Gasol won back to back rings.

Comparing them is like comparing Westbrook to Curry to point out how Westbrook is better because he has more rebounds.

And don't give me that " no help in Orlando" crap, that guy was 21 when his ego couldn't stand fact that Vince is bigger star than him, that's how he ended up in Orlando in first place.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,045

Post#10 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:16 am

pepe1991 wrote:Tracy is pretty much 00s version of 2017-2019 Russell Westbrook.

For all " better than Kobe talk" , when you actually go to real comparisons, Kobe was virtually better in everything but 3 point shooting , yet difference of 0,8% for career shows how minor it is and it's equaled out by being better mid range shooter and finisher around rim,

Per 36 min their rebounding numbers are in favor of Tracy, mostly because he was SF and Kobe played guard.

Even when you want to help out Tracy and only isolate years when he was actually good, Kobe ,especially in playoffs smokes him in efficiency.
Tracy'y TS% peak was 56% , Kobe in his career had 5 different seasons with TS% above that.

In playoffs Tracy's effective field goal percentage, for career was 45,6% , with peak of 50,6%, in 3 different seasons, Kobe's eFG% was above Tracy''s best , including 2010 when he won championship.

But we can all just ignore all that and come to simple- what did you achive part:
Kobe , 5 rings, 11 times played at least 70 games in regular season,unoficially career over at age of 35
Tracy, 0 rings, 0-8 in first rounds, 6 times played 70 or more games in regular season, unoficially career ended before he turned 30

Whole " But Kobe had Shaq argument" becomes silly when you know that Tracy had best center in basketball and despite both of them being healthy, they still could not PASS A DAMN FIRST ROUND ,yet in same period Kobe with Gasol won back to back rings.

Comparing them is like comparing Westbrook to Curry to point out how Westbrook is better because he has more rebounds.

And don't give me that " no help in Orlando" crap, that guy was 21 when his ego couldn't stand fact that Vince is bigger star than him, that's how he ended up in Orlando in first place.

Just because you pre-emptively tell me not to make an argument, doesn't mean I'm not going to. It's true, Tracy had no help in Orlando, fact. Yao Ming was 7'6 and that's where most of his skill came from. You couldn't guard him because of height, not so much game. He was a very good player, but not Shaq level. Also, both Yao and Tracy both got injured A LOT during their years on the Rockets. Tracy was dealing with chronic back pains if I remember correctly. Yao was dealing with a lot of foot issues.

Kobe is a legend for sure, but he's had so much help in his career. The few years he had no help, he did the exact same as Tracy and was bounced out of the first round as well. That goes to show you how much help these players need. Kobe also couldn't win with prime Dwight right next to him. Let's not act like at the very least they weren't neck and neck.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,259

Post#11 » by pepe1991 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Tracy is pretty much 00s version of 2017-2019 Russell Westbrook.

Just because you pre-emptively tell me not to make an argument, doesn't mean I'm not going to. It's true, Tracy had no help in Orlando, fact. Yao Ming was 7'6 and that's where most of his skill came from. You couldn't guard him because of height, not so much game. He was a very good player, but not Shaq level. Also, both Yao and Tracy both got injured A LOT during their years on the Rockets. Tracy was dealing with chronic back pains if I remember correctly. Yao was dealing with a lot of foot issues.

Kobe is a legend for sure, but he's had so much help in his career. The few years he had no help, he did the exact same as Tracy and was bounced out of the first round as well. That goes to show you how much help these players need. Kobe also couldn't win with prime Dwight right next to him. Let's not act like at the very least they weren't neck and neck.

Tracy had " help" in freaking Vince Carter who averaged 26 ppg at age of 23 and was compared to Jordan. But he didn't want to live in shadow of his better cousin so he left to Orlando. He even said himself in interview that in hindsight him leaving for Orlando was bad move.

Yao was hands down best center in all basketball for solid 3,4 years that he played in his prime with T mac. Also he wasn't just tall, guy shot 83,3% FTs for career and had no issue drawing 8 FTA a game and pack it all up for 20-25 ppg. That' talent.
I pointed out above injury issues, but they i think played 3 times in first round, healthy together and lost all 3 times.

Kobe was at very worst - as good offensive player ( actually better but whatever) and much better defender, more durable and lasted much longer. By the time they both turned 30, T mac was washed up shell of former self . By the time Kobe turned 30, he lead team to two more rings with nothing special roster aside from Gasol . Odom was solid but look at rest of that team:
Bynum ( almost never played, and when he did he couldn't play long min), Ariza ( at that point he was 6ppg for career guy ), Fisher (35 years old ), rest of a team was Farmer, Walton, Morrison...

Just look 2007 for example of T mac's inability to be lead guy:
Dallas in some shocking fashion is being rocked down by Warriors .
Two other powerhouses Suns and Spurs will face each other in second round and make job easier for Houston.
All Houston has to do is beat freaking Jazz . On paper T mac and Yao are waaaay superior duo than Derron Wiliams and freaking Carlos Boozer.
Even supporting cast , Shane Batier, Juwan Howard and Alston are , at very worst- equal to Okur, Giriček i Derick Fisher.

But nop. T Mac had 2 great games, but finished series with 39% FG ( 47,8% Ts).

AND they had 2-0 lead. They even had 3-2 lead . Hell in game 7 with 6 min to play they were up by 5 , but in that period T mac, to rest of a game scored 3 points ( 1-3 shooting) and it was Yao , not Tracy, who scored 7 of last 11 points of his team.

Again, golden chance, wasted. Jazz , ofc, beat Warriors, than vs Spurs lost in 5, as Spurs went to sweep Cavs for a championship.

So all T mac had to do is to beat Jazz to be in position for wide open trip to WCF and maybe even championship. But like many times before, he was nowhere to be found when it counted.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#12 » by Jiwol » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am

Depends on the era the team would play in.

If we're talking today's NBA circumstances, I'd pass on Shaq and D12. Gimmie those guys below in their prime and get outta way!

PG Penny 5
SG Anderson 3
SF Hill 5
PF Lewis 1
C Grant 1

Return to Orlando Magic