ImageImageImageImageImage

Does anyone play basketball in parks?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Re: Does anyone play basketball in parks? 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:19 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:My favourite "park"

That's nice
Free Palestine
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#22 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:52 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:My favourite "park"

That's nice

Sorry - should have said - Laguna Beach
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,076

Post#23 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:16 pm

Went to the Slam summer classic in Dyckman yesterday and that schit was crazy
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#24 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Played all around the city, different parks and rec centers. Finally stopped 10 years ago at the age of 28 when I nearly got stabbed for busting up some kids at the Pomonok Projects in Queens.

It used to be fun rolling up in the hood with your brown boys, with the homies having no idea about what we were about to do to them. Would even pretend to have Indian accents to **** with them. After the ass busting, most of the time it was good, got props, but sometimes we picked the wrong spots to do what we did and finally it caught up to us.

Pee Wee was hanging out at West 4th one day, I had 5 hours to kill because I was getting an expedited passport at the office nearby so I went to play a couple of games. I kept hearing "Skittles!!!!!" after every facial, because I would shoot very high arcing shots because I grew up shooting in a milk crate chained on the fence hanging on a concrete wall...if it didn't go straight up and down it wasn't going in. I liked it.

I didn't have nasty handles, but an unstoppable, Bill Cartwright looking ugly ass shot that was impossible to stop regardless of the height of the defender because of that milk crate arc. It made defenders mad because the lack of handles meant I shot it in their faces followed by a........"Taste the rainbow, mother ****". Thanks Pee Wee....but that acknowledgement and stardom in my circle of friends and in my head, it only made my mouth and cocky attitude worse.

Seventeen straight points in a 21 point game, by ones, no 2's, made some **** mad. I wouldn't even be mad if it the dudes stepped up, it happened before, but pulling it out and sticking it to the back of your neck after making the 17th point on a layup?

Realized I was pushing 30 and couldn't do 21 year old **** anymore, so started going to Baldwin Long Island to play with cousins by the fancy park on the water after that one. :lol: :lol: Good times.

This is why I don't take cornballs with their internet basketball knowledge seriously around here, especially the nerds on the General Board, who armed with their 10 minute Dawkins Youtube highlights, fix their glasses and pull out their plus minuses to argue about basketball.

Street ball isn't the same....they play like pussies now, and the foreigners that hog the courts these days aren't assimilated enough to "get it''. I jayed a Chinese man the other day at the safe Bensonhurst Playground :lol: :lol: I was hanging around in with my wife and 4 year old, was taking a leisurely game in after a long time because now I'm straight trash. Popped an old school quick release, felt good, felt young again so naturally, I said "Chinaman, open your eyes or you won't see my shot"....dude got offended....I would have rather he punched me in the face for jaying him. It's like I'm not even in NYC anymore.

Edit: Ohh, and I forgot to mention....the homeboys from the hood were always fun to bust up, but nothing was more satisfying than walking into a park in your Payless sneakers and seeing some organized basketball dudes show up, in full team gear, trying to take over the courts........so I see you got them ankle braces and knee pads, huh........he he he.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#25 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Does anybody swim in pools?

Return to New York Knicks