Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,648

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#141 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:21 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitchell led the US with 13, Midds finished second with 12 and Kemba wasn’t far behind with 11.

Jaylen Brown looks like he’s going to be odd man out to me
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#142 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:08 pm

De’Aron Fox withdraws after a couple weeks of glowing reports. Barely played vs Spain last night, wonder if something went down. Another huge blow.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#143 » by blazza18 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Fox was the perfect type of player to take to a world tourny. A damn shame he's decided not to play.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#144 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:23 pm

Would have to imagine Plumlee will be the final cut, though 13 guys will be making the trip down under for two games against the Boomers. I think Derrick White will have a coming out party.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#145 » by GimmeDat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:26 am

Landale top scored again for Australia in game 2 against Canada.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#146 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:30 am

GimmeDat wrote:Landale top scored again for Australia in game 2 against Canada.

He'll be in the NBA a year from now unless some Euroleague powerhouse makes him an offer he can't refuse. We ultimately decided on Dragan Bender over Landale, be interesting to see how their careers stack up. Bender has much better defensive upside but I still kinda trust Landale more to put it all together.

With the exception of the last five minutes of the 4th last night, the Boomers as a whole have been pretty unimpressive in their two games against this scrapheap Canadian team.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#147 » by GimmeDat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:11 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Landale top scored again for Australia in game 2 against Canada.

He'll be in the NBA a year from now unless some Euroleague powerhouse makes him an offer he can't refuse. We ultimately decided on Dragan Bender over Landale, be interesting to see how their careers stack up. Bender has much better defensive upside but I still kinda trust Landale more to put it all together.

With the exception of the last five minutes of the 4th last night, the Boomers as a whole have been pretty unimpressive in their two games against this scrapheap Canadian team.

Bender's still 21 as well. Landale's 23. Don't blame Bucks for going for theoretical upside, and you can definitely argue that the Suns is not a good development spot for a project like him, but yeah, at least Landale's productive on one end of the court right now. Bender hasn't really put any element of his game together yet.

Think the Boomers are shaking out some cobwebs and trying some different things, they should get a lot better. But yeah, no one should be getting excited about beating Canada's C team. Long way to go for this group.

I think if there's going to be one lingering problem it's that lack of guard penetration (Delly can't create looks for himself, Patty is a great scorer at international level but in terms of shot creation we're talking off the dribble jumpers, not drives, and Ingles for all his talent isn't going to be taking guys off the dribble. That's where Simmons or even Exum would've been a massive help breaking down the defense, but even with the team we have, why Adel (imo) should've been in the squad and why Creek should get more minutes as a slasher type.

Defense, passing, shooting we tick those boxes really well. High IQ players with good skill bases. But we could do with more athleticism and slashers.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#148 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:25 am

I'll always have love for Delly but good lord, he's one of the luckiest dudes in the league for landing that contract when he did. I'm not sure he'd be on an NBA roster right now otherwise. The broadcasters were talking about him reworking his entire shot and it's um...not working. He's become a really rough (offensive) watch at even the FIBA level, going back to last summer.

Pulling for you guys as always though. One of Australia, Lithuania or Canada is going to get screwed by these asinine groupings. China's group (Ivory Coast, Poland, Venezuela) is a joke.

Can't wait for the USA-Boomer games next week.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#149 » by GimmeDat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:40 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I'll always have love for Delly but good lord, he's one of the luckiest dudes in the league for landing that contract when he did. I'm not sure he'd be on an NBA roster right now otherwise. The broadcasters were talking about him reworking his entire shot and it's um...not working. He's become a really rough (offensive) watch at even the FIBA level, going back to last summer.

Pulling for you guys as always though. One of Australia, Lithuania or Canada is going to get screwed by these asinine groupings. China's group (Ivory Coast, Poland, Venezuela) is a joke.

Can't wait for the USA-Boomer games next week.

Yeah Delly is not looking good. Back in his Cavs days his defense was at its peak and he was shooting 40% from 3, but now those aspects have regressed, he doesn't have heaps going for him.

Australia's currently poor depth of PG talent has saved his ass but I think 2020 he might legitimately be at risk of losing his Boomers spot. Simmons and Exum figure to be on the roster, and William McDowell-White is a 21 year old who signed an Exhibit-10 with Houston as well, so he's another up and comer at the position. There's also Bryce Cotton (formerly Utah Jazz) who is planning on naturalizing this year, definitely makes the squad next year if he gets that done I would say.

Maybe with Simmons running the show Delly can play a similar spot up role like in Cleveland and he can find value for one last campaign (and given he's part of a long-running veteran group I think he will get the nod), but beyond that I think he'll just return to Australia after his current contract expires and probably wind up his national team time as well.

Hoping Canada's the group that gets screwed over in our pool - this crop they're running with is pretty weak.

A full strength Canada versus Australia next year would be something to see though.. like a whole new competition.

AUS

Simmons / Cotton / Dellevadova
Mills / Adel / Green (2020 projected lottery pick)
Ingles / Broekoff / Creek
Bolden / Landale / Cooks
Baynes / Bogut / Maker

CAN

Murray / SGA / Joseph
Barrett / D.Brooks / NAW
Wiggins / Brazdeikis
Clarke / Powell / Lyles
Olynyk / Thompson / Birch

Fun.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#150 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:13 pm

GimmeDat wrote:AUS

Bolden / Landale / Cooks
Baynes / Bogut / Maker

My sources have told me Maker has asked for a trade to South Sudan so he can get more playing time and show his talents.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#151 » by tyland » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Can't wait for the USA-Boomer games next week.

Happened to end up in Melbourne this week with work. Have just spent way too much money on a floor seat for tomorrow night's game.

Equal parts excited and feeling guilty

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#152 » by GimmeDat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:42 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Bolden / Landale / Cooks
Baynes / Bogut / Maker

My sources have told me Maker has asked for a trade to South Sudan so he can get more playing time and show his talents.

You know I think the Bucks were actually a great fit for him in hiding his weaknesses, actually (with that said, I didn't watch many Bucks games).
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#153 » by Jez2983 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Bolden / Landale / Cooks
Baynes / Bogut / Maker

You know I think the Bucks were actually a great fit for him in hiding his weaknesses, actually (with that said, I didn't watch many Bucks games).

Yeah we all knew that. We really missed his actual NBA calibre games he played only against Toronto for some reason.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#154 » by crkone » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:23 pm

The Bucks didn't play much today:

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#155 » by Jez2983 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Our total lack of playmaking was most visible tonight. And the fact we couldn't catch a rebound.

USA looked to have a solid game plan and shoot a lot, even bit from mid range. Can't imagine Pop would have them forget how to win in FIBA ball.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GoBrewersGo
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#156 » by GoBrewersGo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Brook Lopez isn't mobile enough as a screener for Pop's offense. Brown, Kuzma, and Tatum are all quicker off the dribble than Middleton, which is what Pop seems to prefer. Middleton only played garbage time in the 2nd half and Brook ended up being the 3rd string center behind Myles Turner and Plumlee. Would guess that Lopez or Derrick White will be cut.

Sent from my SM-J727P using RealGM mobile app
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#157 » by crkone » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:42 pm

I think Pop is still determining what his lineups will be. Minutes have been all over the place.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#158 » by ClassicJack » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Khris and Brook playing limited minutes is fine by me.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#159 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:20 pm

ClassicJack wrote:Khris and Brook playing limited minutes is fine by me.

I’d rather they definitively establish themselves over the Eastern Conference competition at their positions. Tatum, Brown and even Joe Harris thoroughly outshone Middleton while Turner looked miles ahead of Lopez. Hope the Bucks pick it up as this thing rolls along.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#160 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:05 pm

tyland wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Can't wait for the USA-Boomer games next week.

Happened to end up in Melbourne this week with work. Have just spent way too much money on a floor seat for tomorrow night's game.

Equal parts excited and feeling guilty

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Oh no.

How did this turn out?

Saw some tweets that the views from floor had no view, of the court

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks