ImageImageImageImageImage

CBS 247 Board gone?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

CBS 247 Board gone? 

Post#1 » by Kelphus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 am

Hadn't checked the CBS Sports 247 Board (used to be under a different platform) in a while, and looks like it was moved or deleted. That Board got pretty thin, some of the posters and moderators managed to chase off a lot of the posters.... anybody know anything?

Looks like RealGM is our only home now?
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Re: CBS 247 Board gone? 

Post#2 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:04 am

welcome, man!
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

No Longer Featured 

Post#3 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:26 am

Kelphus wrote:Hadn't checked the CBS Sports 247 Board (used to be under a different platform) in a while, and looks like it was moved or deleted. That Board got pretty thin, some of the posters and moderators managed to chase off a lot of the posters.... anybody know anything?

Looks like RealGM is our only home now?

I think it's a sign that that particular forum is now defunct or soon will be since it's no longer featured on the site's team page. I'm curious if the specific URL still works but I don't know it since I haven't visited in a while. I've heard rumblings caught wind of signs indicating that they've been trying to shut down the forums a while back.

In any case, Kelphus, you're welcome to continue on here as a regular participant. This forum is moderated much better, though I have no problems with statsman's performance over there. I expect to see more of the former members to find their way here with both the good and bad elements looking for a new home.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#4 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:58 am

judging by the context i guess that means scout turned into the cbs board you're talking about.

either way this forum is the way to go. would def like to see some other former members join up, as well. there were some great discussions over the years, but i had to go once it got bogged down by certain elements.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#5 » by clipsfever » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 am

17 years I posted over there...

"All those posts are lost to time, like tears in rain"

(RIP Rutger Hauer)

---
Anybody catch the LAC "offseason special" on Prime Ticket / Fox Spots SD? Looks like they're working Corey Maggette back into the broadcast team roster.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#6 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:55 pm

clipsfever wrote:17 years I posted over there...

(RIP Rutger Hauer)

---
Anybody catch the LAC "offseason special" on Prime Ticket / Fox Spots SD? Looks like they're working Corey Maggette back into the broadcast team roster.

welcome, man! and other recent joinees.

stats was posting not all that long ago. if some of the other guys joined back i'm sure you guys will feel right at home.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Post#7 » by Kelphus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks all, nice to see a vibrant board and some familiar names
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Ranma
RealGM

Move On from Mags 

Post#8 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:19 pm

clipsfever wrote:17 years I posted over there...

(RIP Rutger Hauer)

---

Welcome, clipsfever. I heard that Maggette was going to do a preseason segment or something and was disappointed to hear that. I assume that means rape charges will not be pressed against him, but even if that were the case, I found his accuser to be credible. Even before the allegations against him, I was never a fan of Maggette's commentary, though I have ot acknowledge that he seems to have improved some since his first appearance on the Clippers' telecasts as part of the on-air talent instead of on-court team.

I still want Maggette off TV and no longer associated with the Clippers.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#9 » by esqtvd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Kelphus wrote:Thanks all, nice to see a vibrant board and some familiar names

welcome home, me brutha
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#10 » by 50CalClips » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 am

I remember the "CBS Sports Line" forum, or something like that. Probably the same site(?)

RealGM seems to be holding up okay.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#11 » by clipperlover » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Just wanted to say hello. Since the 24/7 Board has very limited professional sports boards now (I believe the Mavs are the only NBA team still), I have finally decided to register with a new message board. I road the insiders to scout to 24/7 train as long as I could. I know many of you here have followed the same train, but exited to a new forum at different times and for different reasons.

Very excited for this new team. Not only because Kawhi and Paul George on the same team has been a dream of mine for many years, but because I think we finally have the ingredients for a championship. The Lob City crew never had championship level D. This new group is going to bring a defensive intensity that the NBA hasn't seen in years.
Ranma
RealGM

Long Time No See, Dan. 

Post#12 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 pm

clipperlover wrote:Just wanted to say hello. Since the 24/7 Board has very limited professional sports boards now (I believe the Mavs are the only NBA team still), I have finally decided to register with a new message board. I road the insiders to scout to 24/7 train as long as I could. I know many of you here have followed the same train, but exited to a new forum at different times and for different reasons.

Very excited for this new team. Not only because Kawhi and Paul George on the same team has been a dream of mine for many years, but because I think we finally have the ingredients for a championship. The Lob City crew never had championship level D. This new group is going to bring a defensive intensity that the NBA hasn't seen in years.

Welcome, clipperlover . Glad to see that you've made it over to our little oasis.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#13 » by nickhx2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:06 am

clipperlover wrote:Just wanted to say hello. Since the 24/7 Board has very limited professional sports boards now (I believe the Mavs are the only NBA team still), I have finally decided to register with a new message board. I road the insiders to scout to 24/7 train as long as I could. I know many of you here have followed the same train, but exited to a new forum at different times and for different reasons.

welcome! glad to see you here. still waiting for a few of the other guys to come around, too.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#14 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Clips also have Surge, sbnation, and etc but yes welcome
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#15 » by nickhx2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm

never heard of surge. sbnation i read sometimes but i hate how their threads work and there isn't really that much discussion overall except on game threads.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#16 » by clipperlover » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm

nickhx2 wrote:never heard of surge. sbnation i read sometimes but i hate how their threads work and there isn't really that much discussion overall except on game threads.

I looked at the other boards, but didn't care for their interfaces or limited activity. The sad part of the 24/7 shutdown is the new interface is actually pretty nice. There are still active NFL Boards over there. The RealGM interface is definitely outdated, but I can get over that with the great posters over here.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#17 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:02 pm

yeah, the interface could definitely be improved, but it does its job.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers