2019 Utah Jazz Off Season Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Re: 2019 Utah Jazz Off Season Thread 

Post#721 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:06 pm

What’s the one semi-realistic move jazz fans want to see to bolster the team for a championship run this year?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#722 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:17 am

ThunderBolt wrote:What’s the one semi-realistic move jazz fans want to see to bolster the team for a championship run this year?

Add a power forward that can rebound and switch on defense? Dante Exum+2nd(s) for Marvin Williams would be the call I'd make.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#723 » by stitches » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:40 am

babyjax13 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:What’s the one semi-realistic move jazz fans want to see to bolster the team for a championship run this year?

Add a power forward that can rebound and switch on defense? Dante Exum+2nd(s) for Marvin Williams would be the call I'd make.

Ingles+Exum+stuff for Blake Griffin at the deadline if DET are reeling and decide to start over.
stitches
RealGM

Post#724 » by stitches » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Both Dante and Mitchell have videos on their instagram stories from Australia. Seems like Dante is showing Mitchell good times in Wombat land. They are at some indoor pool. Seems like Dante is doing some sort of rehabbing/in-water exercises.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#725 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:15 pm

stitches wrote:Both Dante and Mitchell have videos on their instagram stories from Australia. Seems like Dante is showing Mitchell good times in Wombat land. They are at some indoor pool. Seems like Dante is doing some sort of rehabbing/in-water exercises.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured by an errant wave.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#726 » by stitches » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:55 am

Read on Twitter

I think we are up to 20 players for camp now.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Post#727 » by tleikheen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Like an errant TJ Warren flying through the air without purpose and using a hustling Exum as a landing pad...….bad Exum for not being aware
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#728 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:21 pm

tleikheen wrote:

Like an errant TJ Warren flying through the air without purpose and using a hustling Exum as a landing pad...….bad Exum for not being aware

What can I say, the kid has some rotten luck. Not all of his injuries could have been avoided (like the TJ Warren one) but the bottom line is that he gets injured sooooo much. I'm sure it's very frustrating for him, but it's also very frustrating for fans, and I say that as one of the more ardent Exum supporters on this board.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#729 » by KqWIN » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Exum looks like he’s going to get hurt every drive because he’s going 100 mph and doesn’t know how to fall.
stitches
RealGM

Post#730 » by stitches » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:33 pm

KqWIN wrote:Exum looks like he’s going to get hurt every drive because he’s going 100 mph and doesn’t know how to fall.

To me he looks off balance all the time. Every single time he goes to the rim it feels like he will meet the floor in a brutal fall one way or another. Even the slightest bumps send him flying into the stands like he's a feather being blown by the wind.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#731 » by KqWIN » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Exum looks like he’s going to get hurt every drive because he’s going 100 mph and doesn’t know how to fall.

To me he looks off balance all the time. Every single time he goes to the rim it feels like he will meet the floor in a brutal fall one way or another. Even the slightest bumps send him flying into the stands like he's a feather being blown by the wind.

Yup. When you watch guys like Exum and Burks play, it’s easy to see how they get injured so often. They take so many hard, awkward falls that make you wonder how they didn’t get hurt.
stitches
RealGM

Post#732 » by stitches » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Seems like the courts of all NBA teams have been leaked. You can see them here:
https://imgur.com/a/tWlbdMB

Here are the Jazz courts:

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#733 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:17 pm

I like all three.

TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#734 » by TNJazz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:34 pm

I like all three as well. I also like the Grizzlies with the grizzly pawing the ball, pretty cool graphic! Unfortunately, I won't get to see that court as they black out all the games where I live.

Anyone tried You Tube TV with League Pass? Thinking about going that route if reviews are decent.
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#735 » by TO11 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:37 pm

TNJazz wrote:I like all three as well. I also like the Grizzlies with the grizzly pawing the ball, pretty cool graphic! Unfortunately, I won't get to see that court as they black out all the games where I live.

Anyone tried You Tube TV with League Pass? Thinking about going that route if reviews are decent.

I recently switched to HuluTV but even before that I was doing League Pass...Is there a difference between YoutubeTV with leaguepass than just league pass alone?
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#736 » by pickIBL » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:42 am

Sign ken faried pls. Thanks
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
TNJazz
Rookie

Post#737 » by TNJazz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:14 pm

TO11 wrote:
TNJazz wrote:I like all three as well. I also like the Grizzlies with the grizzly pawing the ball, pretty cool graphic! Unfortunately, I won't get to see that court as they black out all the games where I live.

I recently switched to HuluTV but even before that I was doing League Pass...Is there a difference between YoutubeTV with leaguepass than just league pass alone?

Not sure about that. I just got rid of Xfinity as it was eating us up with eh monthly payments for something we didn't really ever use as a family. That is where I had League Pass. is ti possible to get it otherwise? Is there an internet streaming option?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#738 » by babyjax13 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:00 pm

TNJazz wrote:
TO11 wrote:

Not sure about that. I just got rid of Xfinity as it was eating us up with eh monthly payments for something we didn't really ever use as a family. That is where I had League Pass. is ti possible to get it otherwise? Is there an internet streaming option?

I stream via the NBA website, but check what games you'd be blacked out for. In Alabama I'm in the media market for the Hawks, Pelicans, and Hornets, so there are a lot of games I can't watch until after they are over.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
TNJazz
Rookie

Post#739 » by TNJazz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
TNJazz wrote:
TO11 wrote:I recently switched to HuluTV but even before that I was doing League Pass...Is there a difference between YoutubeTV with leaguepass than just league pass alone?

I stream via the NBA website, but check what games you'd be blacked out for. In Alabama I'm in the media market for the Hawks, Pelicans, and Hornets, so there are a lot of games I can't watch until after they are over.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm in TN and the Hawks and Grizzlies black out market. After growing up in the Jazz market it seems strange to me that teams black out games for areas over 3 hours away. Doesn't seem like a good way to build a fan base if locals can't watch the games. Not everyone can go, there aren't enough seats in the arenas for it! :lol:

I'm a die hard Jazz fan, bought season tickets the first year they moved into the Delta Center but had to move to MN for a job and have followed them since passionately moving to several states in the process. Have tried to also become a fan of local teams, but without the ability to watch as Nashville isn't close enough to go to games consistently, I haven't become one even when terrific Jazz players go there (Milsap, Carroll, etc.). I don't get it.
stitches
RealGM

Post#740 » by stitches » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Utah Jazz