ImageImage

ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Re: ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89 

Post#1801 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:04 am

First ballot HOFer cut down in his prime. Shame.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,286

Post#1802 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:26 pm

I never even really saw him play. Kept looking forward to it though.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#1803 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1804 » by raferfenix » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Lakers should bring back Kobe too just for the LOL's.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#1805 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:15 pm

I actually don’t hate Dwight to the Lakers. He’s pretty washed defensively, but if he can just grab some boards and get some easy points he has the ideal guy next to him (AD). That said, he has to stay healthy.

Still wouldn’t be surprised if they just sign Tyler Zeller. It’s not like they’d have to give him guaranteed cash.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,363

Post#1806 » by Ron Swanson » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Dwight back to the Lakers is peak GM Lebron. Also, peak Lakers.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1807 » by 4xBuck » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:First ballot HOFer cut down in his prime. Shame.

Survey says... Nope.

Just going by memory on some stuff, but really, he's just a dude that put up some offensive numbers on bad basketball teams. When he got to New Orleans, the Pelicans were better in 2017-18 with Mirotic than Cousins. That kinda shed some light on his relevance.

For an offensive guy, his efficiency was kinda middling; sub .480 efg% and .540 TS%. His career OR/DR tg is neutral, and that was only after getting a huge bump with the Warriors. And I think he actually has more turnovers than assists… That’s a whole lotta blah usage.

For defense. I won’t even start.

Adding it all up, he’s not getting into the HOF without a ticket.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#1808 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:33 am

What is the Bucks' social media team's obsession with cropping videos into a square by cutting out 2/3 of the picture (effectively zooming in)? You lose all semblance of the play developing, and it flat-out doesn't make sense for a majority of basketball videos. Their latest Facebook video is top assists from last season, and a majority of the plays are someone passing to someone else you can't even see in the video.

Not everything should be optimized for your iPhone.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,297

Post#1809 » by jute2003 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 am

MikeIsGood wrote:What is the Bucks' social media team's obsession with cropping videos into a square by cutting out 2/3 of the picture (effectively zooming in)? You lose all semblance of the play developing, and it flat-out doesn't make sense for a majority of basketball videos. Their latest Facebook video is top assists from last season, and a majority of the plays are someone passing to someone else you can't even see in the video.

Not everything should be optimized for your iPhone.
Might be optimizes for instagram
only a fan, only an opinion
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#1810 » by Plossum » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:43 am

4xBuck wrote:

Survey says... Nope.

Just going by memory on some stuff, but really, he's just a dude that put up some offensive numbers on bad basketball teams. When he got to New Orleans, the Pelicans were better in 2017-18 with Mirotic than Cousins. That kinda shed some light on his relevance.

For an offensive guy, his efficiency was kinda middling; sub .480 efg% and .540 TS%. His career OR/DR tg is neutral, and that was only after getting a huge bump with the Warriors. And I think he actually has more turnovers than assists… That’s a whole lotta blah usage.

Boogie is the best big man of the past 30 years. Baddy knows; you should know. Shoe in first ballot.
#LockUpChuck
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#1811 » by BigRedDog » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:47 am

4xBuck wrote:

Survey says... Nope.

Believe it or not i actually snuck into the Pro Football hall of fame without a ticket. It was like $40, long line, and honestly im not that into museums and i only had like 45 mins to spend there... walked right in... no one stopped me.. was just gonna play dumb if they did...

Remember that game where Bill walton was announcing when Danny Schayes was at the FT line and he said DANNY SCHAYES son of hall of famer Dolph Schayes... but the only way Danny is getting in is with a ticket?

Well eat that one Bill. I got in without a ticket. Granted, Im a far better FT shooter than Danny Schayes. Far better.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1812 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 am

Averaged 22/11/3 for his career and was in the middle of his 4th straight All-Star year before his achilles blew out at 27. Yeah, Boogie was easily on his way to the Hall of Fame had it not been for these injuries.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1813 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Dwight back to the Lakers is peak GM Lebron. Also, peak Lakers.

If there’s one thing that’s damaged his legacy more than any other it’s his propensity to throw around his d*ck with personnel moves. Shame he could never be paired with a great gm and for said GM to be allowed to do his job rather than fluff Bron.
Do it for Chuck
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#1814 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:31 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Dwight back to the Lakers is peak GM Lebron. Also, peak Lakers.

If there’s one thing that’s damaged his legacy more than any other it’s his propensity to throw around his d*ck with personnel moves. Shame he could never be paired with a great gm and for said GM to be allowed to do his job rather than fluff Bron.

He was paired with a great GM in Pat Riley. And in summer of 2014, he told LeBron that he couldn’t be heavily involved in personnel decisions with the Heat. He signed back with the Cavs a couple days later.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1815 » by 4xBuck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Averaged 22/11/3 for his career and was in the middle of his 4th straight All-Star year before his achilles blew out.

Yep... And I told the rest of the story.

Looking at David Lee's stats from 2006/07 through 2013/14- Hall of Fame?

For his career, Lee's efficiency numbers are better, he actually has more assists than turnovers and his OR/DR is +8.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#1816 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:57 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

He was paired with a great GM in Pat Riley. And in summer of 2014, he told LeBron that he couldn’t be heavily involved in personnel decisions with the Heat. He signed back with the Cavs a couple days later.

Wade’s superstardom was over and LeBron knew it. I wouldn’t even say Riley is a great GM. His draft history is pretty terrible outside of Caron Butler and Dwyane Wade and he’s handed out some terrible contracts. I still don’t understand why he wouldn’t just pay Wade the money he promised him. That team wasn’t going anywhere with the Bosh and McRoberts deals. Just a really bizarre move to screw over the face of your franchise.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#1817 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm

4xBuck wrote:

Survey says... Nope.

Largely said it in jest but I'll throw up the defense.

Before he went down the Pelicans were well on their way to the playoffs, hitting their stride going 9-3 in the month Boogie went down. Sure, they played well down the stretch with Mirotic and then what happened the next season? Oh right, basically exactly the same team blew up and Anthony Davis forced a trade because surprise, they sucked. They had a fluke FTD run that was pretty evidently unsustainable.

Offensively I'd obviously just point to the extremely tumultuous Sacramento Kings franchise he was placed on who placed literally EVERYTHING on his back every single night. Early in his career he was clearly not ready for it and even as a supporter of him back then I fully admit(ted) he wasn't a good player in that role. Despite some efficiency issues I'd say he CLEARLY adapted to being a guy who a team makes him literally lead the league in usage, as is evident by him by him making not one but two All-NBA teams (David Lee eat your heart out).

For defense you won't even start because pretty much all the evidence has him as a plus defender, including seasons where they paint him as one of the best in the entire league. If you remove like his first and last years in the league Boogie was a damn fine defender.

If he stayed healthy* he'd likely be a guy with like 6-8 all-star selections, 20K+ points, a gold medal (or two) and a handful of All-NBA selections. Even with ZERO team accolades that gets you into the discussion and honestly is a better resume then guys already in the Hall.

*Could also be pointed out how everything he's done in his career had already been before ones hypothetical "prime" years.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1818 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm

4xBuck wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Averaged 22/11/3 for his career and was in the middle of his 4th straight All-Star year before his achilles blew out.

Yep... And I told the rest of the story.

Looking at David Lee's stats from 2006/07 through 2013/14- Hall of Fame?

For his career, Lee's efficiency numbers are better, he actually has more assists than turnovers and his OR/DR is +8.

I must have forgot the part where David Lee was putting up 25/13/5 and (would have been) making his 3rd straight All-NBA 2nd team when injuries hit in his prime. Disagree with the HoF precedent and standards if you want, but he was absolutely on his way there.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1819 » by emunney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Fortunately for the Lakers, they'll be able to replace him with first ballot HoFer Dwight Howard.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1820 » by emunney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Coach Blatt has MS. Devastating.

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks