ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,154

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#481 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:00 am

alan_156 wrote:Say what you want, anyone who thinks OG will turn into anything more than a 3+D type of player is a homer.

don't know what you're obsession is with OG. only a few posters here saying he will turn into a star. :lol: (the stans - maybe you can count them on one hand tbh)

get your head out of your own ass and putting restrictions on young players is silly and non-constructive. no one really knew how big Siakam's game could have expanded this past season (if you said you did you're **** lying) thanks to Rico + Raptors training + coaching staff.

OG is a project for the Raptors. his main focus is 3+D + occasional go-to plays. we've seen Nurse trying to expand OG's game last year in the offense - esp when Kawhi was sitting. looked awkward at times but plenty of things for him to take away.

handling the ball + moving more fluidly + knowing the way your body is (esp after freak injuries/situations) is hard for a growing man. I wouldn't put it past OG taking a step forward in his 3rd year in the NBA, esp with the Raptors track record on developing young players they pick and sign from the NBA draft in the last 3 years.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,705

Post#482 » by DonDoolie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
alan_156 wrote:Say what you want, anyone who thinks OG will turn into anything more than a 3+D type of player is a homer.

don't know what you're obsession is with OG. only a few posters here saying he will turn into a star. :lol: (the stans - maybe you can count them on one hand tbh)

get your head out of your own ass and putting restrictions on young players is silly and non-constructive. no one really knew how big Siakam's game could have expanded this past season (if you said you did you're **** lying) thanks to Rico + Raptors training + coaching staff.

OG is a project for the Raptors. his main focus is 3+D + occasional go-to plays. we've seen Nurse trying to expand OG's game last year in the offense - esp when Kawhi was sitting. looked awkward at times but plenty of things for him to take away.

handling the ball + moving more fluidly + knowing the way your body is (esp after freak injuries/situations) is hard for a growing man. I wouldn't put it past OG taking a step forward in his 3rd year in the NBA, esp with the Raptors track record on developing young players they pick and sign from the NBA draft in the last 3 years.

Imagine calling someone obsessed but you literally post more about OG than he does. What’s wrong with him saying OG won’t be anything more than a 3-D player? I personally don’t even think he becomes that.

He can’t pass, he can’t dribble, he looks like he’s about to fall over anytime he runs. He has no go to move, he has no consistent shot, his defence is average. Anytime he dribbles towards the rim it looks like a guaranteed turnover because he can’t even control his drives. Nothing he has done outside maybe two games in the cavs series suggests he becomes anything more than 8-9th man in the rotation.

People on this board overrate any young player we have and then name call people that don’t agree with the opinion. Get off your high horse buddy.
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#483 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 am

So Dewan Hernandez and Konate have flown over to LA.
Siakam wrapped up his camp in Cameroon and I believe he's also heading to LA.
FVV is in China right now for the start of his ball camp.

This all points to round 2 of Rico Runs starring P-Spice & co. this week.
Nurse said there will be 20 shots available for both Siakam and FVV now that Kawhi's gone.
Raptors are running these mini-camps at Rico's Runs to allow Siakam and FVV to feel comfortable being the focal point on offense (i.e. first option).

I suspect Siakam will be joined by pretty much every player that was with FVV at the first camp.
I think we may even get a Serge appearance. *fingers crossed*
Maybe OG?
Regardless,
T.Davis & Siakam on the fast break gonna be scary. B.Diddy & J.Rich esque. :wink:

Update: TD has touched down in LA. :football:
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#484 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#485 » by YogiStewart » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

how many guys can we have this arms that dust the floor? my god, that's insane
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,576

Post#486 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Yes I need more rico runs
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#487 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:05 am

DonDoolie wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

Imagine calling someone obsessed but you literally post more about OG than he does. What’s wrong with him saying OG won’t be anything more than a 3-D player? I personally don’t even think he becomes that.

He can’t pass, he can’t dribble, he looks like he’s about to fall over anytime he runs. He has no go to move, he has no consistent shot, his defence is average. Anytime he dribbles towards the rim it looks like a guaranteed turnover because he can’t even control his drives. Nothing he has done outside maybe two games in the cavs series suggests he becomes anything more than 8-9th man in the rotation.

People on this board overrate any young player we have and then name call people that don’t agree with the opinion. Get off your high horse buddy.

name call him lmao, he's the one who called everyone a homer who don't agree with him :lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,740

Post#488 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:12 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This isn’t about Raptors players but what is Devin Booker complaining about? He should work definitely work on getting out of double teams if he wants to get better. Good on Noah for responding back
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#489 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 am

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This isn’t about Raptors players but what is Devin Booker complaining about? He should work definitely work on getting out of double teams if he wants to get better. Good on Noah for responding back

lmao. its why Devin Booker will never be a great player. :lol:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#490 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:33 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:So Dewan Hernandez and Konate have flown over to LA.
Siakam wrapped up his camp in Cameroon and I believe he's also heading to LA.
FVV is in China right now for the start of his ball camp.

This all points to round 2 of Rico Runs starring P-Spice & co. this week.
Nurse said there will be 20 shots available for both Siakam and FVV now that Kawhi's gone.
Raptors are running these mini-camps at Rico's Runs to allow Siakam and FVV to feel comfortable being the focal point on offense (i.e. first option).

I suspect Siakam will be joined by pretty much every player that was with FVV at the first camp.
I think we may even get a Serge appearance. *fingers crossed*
Maybe OG?
Regardless,
T.Davis & Siakam on the fast break gonna be scary. B.Diddy & J.Rich esque. :wink:

Update: TD has touched down in LA. :football:

Rico posted a short clip of the players warming up/running before they take to the floor and you can see a lot of the Raptors players are there. :)
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#491 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#492 » by Mikistan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Mvp is a glue guy?
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,585

Post#493 » by Bruin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Rico Hines story right now has plenty Pascal content. Seems to be working on the 1 leg post fade and dribble pull ups!
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,740

Post#494 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 pm

PrinceAli wrote:Rico Hines story right now has plenty Pascal content. Seems to be working on the 1 leg post fade and dribble pull ups!

I'll say this again. Pascal's improvements in form, handles, and smooth movements passes the eye-test that they will translate well to the NBA season. Whenever I watch the same workouts with Montrez Harrell with his new handles and semi-perimeter game, I just don't see it. Trez will be good but he still is simply a rim-runner hustle guy (that will still average double-double). But Pascal looks like has the potential to be a superstar with these added perimeter moves.
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#495 » by StringerBell » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 pm

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I've seen Booker chirp and complain in a few of these open gyms. Didn't know he was a bit of a punk.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#496 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:36 pm

https://streamable.com/ao1uj

new siakam workout footage
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#497 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Read on Twitter
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,705

Post#498 » by DonDoolie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 pm

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not saying I agree with what booker is saying but booker was the most double teamed player off the pick and roll in the whole league last year(11.9%) and he still averaged 0.93ppp which ranks top 20 in the nba and shot Efg50% which is top 15 in the nba and had a free throw frequency of 13.2 which placed him top 10 in the nba.

Averaged 27ppg and 7 apg on 58%TS at the age of 22. I’m sure he will be just fine.
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#499 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:37 am

DonDoolie wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not saying I agree with what booker is saying but booker was the most double teamed player off the pick and roll in the whole league last year(11.9%) and he still averaged 0.93ppp which ranks top 20 in the nba and shot Efg50% which is top 15 in the nba and had a free throw frequency of 13.2 which placed him top 10 in the nba.

Averaged 27ppg and 7 apg on 58%TS at the age of 22. I’m sure he will be just fine.

His defense is also making the guy he's guarding look amazing so you need a team covering his horrific D. Need somebody that can guard 2 guys lol
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#500 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:49 am

Siakam's footwork is gonna take him places.
A consistent jumper with that footwork is a superstar in the making (combined with his elite defense + athleticism).
You can thank his pre-basketball soccer career for that.

ALSO VOTE SIAKAM: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1884180&p=78200673#p78200673

Return to Toronto Raptors