Post#521 » by bigfoot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:33 pm

When are our keeper lists due????
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Re: Dynasty League 

Post#522 » by TASTIC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 am

MathiasPW wrote:I am hearing trade offers for James Harden. I need FG% from the G or F positions the most.

Not sure why you'd move Harden, but any of these guys float your boat? Would need 2 (or 3, depending who) from my end for Harden obviously.

CJ McCollum
Tobias
Collins
DeRozan
Rozier
Allen
Jabari
Wall....ha

Flick me a private message if there's any interest
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#523 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:16 am

Well my team is in a weird spot. I'll listen to offers on anyone.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#524 » by Qwigglez » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am

Can't believe I finished 3rd. How many keepers do we get, 8? I'm not sure I have 8. :lol:
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#525 » by dmastro32 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am

Qwigglez wrote:Can't believe I finished 3rd. How many keepers do we get, 8? I'm not sure I have 8. :lol:

Right there with you a lot of my guys need to bounce back from injury.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#526 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:42 pm

If anyone is looking to improve their keeper depth I'm open to doing a 2 or 3 of my guys for 1 of yours type deal. I'm open to discuss anything but ideally I would target guys with guard type stats like assists, steals, 3s.

My players availability are:

Davis- unless Giannis is being offered don't ask
Kemba, Embiid - would need a really really good guy coming back for either of these to be in a package
Isaac - not completely unavailable but a personal favorite of mine and I value him very highly
Brogdon, Sabonis - not out of the question but I would prefer not to trade since they are my anchors that keep my percentages high

Fair game in 2 or 3 for 1 type deals
Dinwiddie, Kuzma, Millsap, Thomas Bryant, Winslow, Zach Collins, Ellington, Bender (lol)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#527 » by bigfoot » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:20 am

Starting to think about Dynasty team. In need of a major overhaul

Stephen Curry
Derrick Favors
Kevin Looney
DeAndre Bembry
Maxi Kieber
Joe Harris
Davis Bertans
Kevin Huerter
Mo Bamba
Elfrid Payton
Malik Beasley
Robert Covington
Isaiah Thomas
MIchael Porter Jr
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 868

Post#528 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Yahoo has opened registration for the 2019-20 fantasy basketball season.

Time to renew the Premier League & Dynasty League.

I'm in for next season! (Premier)
ImageImage
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#529 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:20 am

I'm in for Dynasty.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#530 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:12 am

I'm in for both. Need to defend my championship in the dynasty league :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#531 » by MathiasPW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'm in for both. Need to defend my championship in the dynasty league :)

Which I am gonna take from you
bigfoot

Post#532 » by bigfoot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Thoughts on a salary cap for keepers in Dynasty???
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Post#533 » by TASTIC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 pm

bigfoot wrote:Thoughts on a salary cap for keepers in Dynasty???

Probably too late now.

We should have run an auction draft right off the bat...

I guess you could use Yahoo's values to determine the cost to keep a player this season, then enforce a cap starting from next year?

Means the draft would need to be auction, which means it has to be live - which is likely the reason we didn't do an auction in the first place
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#534 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'm in for both. Need to defend my championship in the dynasty league :)

Which I am gonna take from you
You might, your team is pretty stacked. I won with good depth so need a good draft to have that again. Although a healthy and engaged AD would be a boost.

bigfoot

Post#535 » by bigfoot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 am

TASTIC wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Thoughts on a salary cap for keepers in Dynasty???

Probably too late now.

We should have run an auction draft right off the bat...

I guess you could use Yahoo's values to determine the cost to keep a player this season, then enforce a cap starting from next year?

Means the draft would need to be auction, which means it has to be live - which is likely the reason we didn't do an auction in the first place

Not too late to do anything. I'm saying just a salary cap for keepers. The eight players you decide to keep must be under a certain league-wide cap using the current 2019/2020 salary of players. Don't worry about cap space for the draft or in-season acquisitions. Just when selecting the keepers. For example, the 8 keepers represent 57% of the roster (8 out of 14 players) then maybe those eight players should come in under the $110M NBA cap. Pretty simple. Something we could probably do on the honor system.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#536 » by MathiasPW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:21 pm

I like the idea of changing a rule every season to add new dynamics to the league.

But it's hard to do it now cause it's the middle of the summer, people are not around, and some would need to make trades with their roster to keep under the cap, so that will take too much time. We should always discuss rules for the next season during the regular one, when activity is at it's highest.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#537 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:20 pm

MathiasPW wrote:I like the idea of changing a rule every season to add new dynamics to the league.

But it's hard to do it now cause it's the middle of the summer, people are not around, and some would need to make trades with their roster to keep under the cap, so that will take too much time. We should always discuss rules for the next season during the regular one, when activity is at it's highest.
I'm not in favor of it at all. I'm probably biased because I have a good team but just in general why punish those teams that built strong squads using the rules that were in place.

And it's not like it's impossible to improve quickly. I won last year with only 4 players from my original draft and one of those was milspap who's been hurt a bunch the past two years. Even my best player AD missed or was limited a good portion of last year. I won with guys from the waiver wire and a couple redraft guys.

Now IF we voted to do a cap I think we'd need at least 1 year to let teams build that strategy into their team building. I'll vote against it but if it passes I'd adjust and live with it.

MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by MathiasPW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:09 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:I like the idea of changing a rule every season to add new dynamics to the league.

I'm not in favor of it at all. I'm probably biased because I have a good team but just in general why punish those teams that built strong squads using the rules that were in place.

And it's not like it's impossible to improve quickly. I won last year with only 4 players from my original draft and one of those was milspap who's been hurt a bunch the past two years. Even my best player AD missed or was limited a good portion of last year. I won with guys from the waiver wire and a couple redraft guys.

Now IF we voted to do a cap I think we'd need at least 1 year to let teams build that strategy into their team building. I'll vote against it but if it passes I'd adjust and live with it.

Exactly. We need to discuss the change with enough anticipation so that teams have a season and a draft to adjust accordingly.

Like we did with the draft grouping, for example
bigfoot

Post#539 » by bigfoot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:13 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Exactly. We need to discuss the change with enough anticipation so that teams have a season and a draft to adjust accordingly.

Like we did with the draft grouping, for example

Of course I think we can discuss this topic during this season. What I don't like is I mentioned the imbalance I saw last season and suggested reducing the number of keepers ... it was promptly shutdown and ignored. So here I am a season later mentioning the imbalance and being told we should wait another year.

The key is Dynasty leagues are meant to be more like the real NBA. Teams are punished for being over the luxury tax. It is one of the tools used by the NBA to help keep some level of balance.

People seem to forget I inherited a team last season that really had only one star player when every other team has 3-4. I imagine the salary disparity between my team and most of the other teams is $50M to $60M which is really two star players. My team comes in at $122M and the top team at $188M. Quite a difference. I can see why WeekapaugGroove would object when he has huge salary wrapped up in Anthony Davis, Joel Embiid, Kemba Walker, Paul Milsap, and Malcolm Brogdon. That's $127M for five players and his bench makes up another $60M.

So I don't care how it is done but the dynasty league needs to take a seriously look at the imbalance either through a keeper cap or lowering the number of keepers or some other mechanism and just not ignore it again.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#540 » by MathiasPW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm

I like the idea. My point is now it's a bad time to discuss this cause people are not around to express their opinions or make adjustments.

Return to Phoenix Suns