WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#781 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 am

iMoreland wrote:Hell yeah King of the Ring is back

It's a good way to get a young guy some exposure and accolades.
Which means Brock will somehow win it.

In all seriousness, I like it being back. Should be fun at the very least. I hope Ricochet wins.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#782 » by tugs » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 am

You guys want Johnny Wrestling to be in the tournament?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#783 » by Spens1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:26 am

I'm glad for King of the Ring cause its about time wwe had tornuaments, just no hokey king gimmick that accompanies it (unless you get King Bookah levels of nonsense :lol: ).

I think KOTR should be the lead up PPV to summerslam in the future, the same way the Rumble is the lead up to Mania (KOTR winner gets a world title shot of his choice at summerslam).

They should use it to push new talent (then again, so should the rumble).

Could easily make it a 64 man tornuament with how deep the roster is, but 32 men would suffice. (14 from each brand, 4 from NXT).
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#784 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Well, AEW is already doing its job. Forced Vince to hire some people that know how to book wrestling.

What a relief to finally see heel Sasha on the main roster. Other than that stupid stable crap they started all the women with she hasn’t gotten the chance to fulfill her heel persona. Coming out of nxt I thought she had female GOAT potential and I still stand by her and Bayley’s Takeover Brooklyn match as my favorite wrestling match of all time. As long as they don’t make them read scripts, her and Becky will probably be the best feud of the year.
Do it for Chuck
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#785 » by daoneandonly » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm

I'm looking forward to the KOTR as well. My guess would be mcintyre, but maybe they can pull off a surprise and really propel someone

tugs wrote:You guys want Johnny Wrestling to be in the tournament?

I'm sure many here would, but not me. I think he's as close to Natalya personality/mic presence wise as there is amongst the males on the roster. Obviously he's a great in ring talent, but the best KOTR winners were guys who also could talk the talk, Gargano would be another Billy Gunn (minus the Road Dogg)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#786 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I'm looking forward to the KOTR as well. My guess would be mcintyre, but maybe they can pull off a surprise and really propel someone

I'm sure many here would, but not me. I think he's as close to Natalya personality/mic presence wise as there is amongst the males on the roster. Obviously he's a great in ring talent, but the best KOTR winners were guys who also could talk the talk, Gargano would be another Billy Gunn (minus the Road Dogg)

I also think it's going to be Drew, but it'd be refreshing to see Sammy Zane finally get that big win. Seems like he's almost always been on the short end - so close but not quite there yet. And you know he'd be entertaining as the King.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#787 » by daoneandonly » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Ruzious wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:I'm looking forward to the KOTR as well. My guess would be mcintyre, but maybe they can pull off a surprise and really propel someone

I also think it's going to be Drew, but it'd be refreshing to see Sammy Zane finally get that big win. Seems like he's almost always been on the short end - so close but not quite there yet. And you know he'd be entertaining as the King.

That would actually be pretty awesome
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#788 » by iMoreland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:I also think it's going to be Drew, but it'd be refreshing to see Sammy Zane finally get that big win. Seems like he's almost always been on the short end - so close but not quite there yet. And you know he'd be entertaining as the King.

Pretty impressive you spelt both his names wrong lol. I would like Sami as KOTR though, finals could be him vs KO since they're on opposite sides of the bracket too.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#789 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I also think it's going to be Drew, but it'd be refreshing to see Sammy Zane finally get that big win. Seems like he's almost always been on the short end - so close but not quite there yet. And you know he'd be entertaining as the King.

Pretty impressive you spelt both his names wrong lol.

Almost as impressive as you making a post solely about that - and then editing it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#790 » by Wo1verine » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Is he confirmed for the WWE? I read AEW wants him as well.
BrunoSkull
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#791 » by iMoreland » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Bray vs Rey? Mask vs mask?

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#792 » by Dominator83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:20 am

That was a different start to RAW this week. Roman Reigns in an actual match that was pretty damn good. thats two weeks in a row of good RR matches
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#793 » by iMoreland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 am

Randy Orton and The Revival together is nice
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#794 » by studcrackers » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:12 am

this raw's been very good so far
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#795 » by Dominator83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:27 am

studcrackers wrote:this raw's been very good so far

Yea lately they've been on a string of putting on some good episodes. and thats exactly what they should be doing is putting on good episodes and the return to respectability will follow
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#796 » by Spens1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:17 am

Ok, so why is having your tag team champs lose to two singles stars a good thing. The idea of tag teams is that even though as individuals they shouldn't be that good, because of their chemistry that they are way better than two singles stars should be (cause strategy etc).

Oh and Sami should be going to AEW hopefully before 2020, in fact WWE should let him walk for that matter cause they're doing nothing with him (biggest waste of talent right now in wrestling).
tugs
RealGM

Post#797 » by tugs » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:39 am

Yeah, I've been trying to rationalize this and thought, "Hey, regardless if they're the champs, it's still one on one inside the ropes. Seth is the Universal Champ and Braun has been dismantling people in handicap matches." Will help me sleep later tonight.

Orton and Revival as a stable looks pretty solid. Orton has been a very effective stable leader and needs something fresh. Otoh, The Revival just needs that charisma magnet for them to gain traction.

Not sure what they're doing with DZ tbh. Entertained with his, "YOU'RE A COWARD AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU" schtick then gets dismantled again and again. But if you're putting on solid matches week after week and not get any shot, I have to believe they have an arrangement like, "I'll put people over, just don't make me look weak and give me more TV time."

I hope OC gets the gold back though.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#798 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Spens1 wrote:Ok, so why is having your tag team champs lose to two singles stars a good thing. The idea of tag teams is that even though as individuals they shouldn't be that good, because of their chemistry that they are way better than two singles stars should be (cause strategy etc).

Oh and Sami should be going to AEW hopefully before 2020, in fact WWE should let him walk for that matter cause they're doing nothing with him (biggest waste of talent right now in wrestling).

This is how I feel. Obviously I think it is leading to a Seth/Braun storyline, but no need to sacrifice a hot team like OC to reach that purpose.
tugs
RealGM

Post#799 » by tugs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 am

Really not thrilled about the KOTR contenders. All the believable wrestlers had been eliminated for some reason.

Heck, I'd go with Corbin.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#800 » by daoneandonly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:01 pm

I think the finals will be Ricochet vs Andrade, who wins that is up in the air, but in KOTR, you have to lean towards the heel. El Rey Andrade.

Return to Pro Wrestling