ImageImage

ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Re: ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89 

Post#1821 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:16 pm

emunney wrote:Coach Blatt has MS. Devastating.

Read on Twitter

My BIL has MS. Devastating is a kind way to put it. Best wishes to him.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#1822 » by Nowak008 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

People really think Cousins would have been a hall of fame player if he stayed healthy? :talkhand:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,124

Post#1823 » by DingleJerry » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Crazy to think about, but just based on stat accumulation I think he probably would have made it. I mean, guy had been putting a 27/10ish line for 4 years leading up to it. Do something in that ballpark for 4-5 more years and tough not to make it.

Think of this way, he'd already be number retired level in MKE, haha.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1824 » by 4xBuck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Crazy to think about, but just based on stat accumulation I think he probably would have made it.

Only if you pick and choose certain stats. Ignoring his efficiency stats helps his argument a lot.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1825 » by DingleJerry » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 pm

4xBuck wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:Crazy to think about, but just based on stat accumulation I think he probably would have made it.

Only if you pick and choose certain stats. Ignoring his efficiency stats helps his argument a lot.

Thing is that's exactly what they do though. Dude puts up 23ish+ thousand points you're likely gonna make it. Maybe it'll get more advanced down the line but right now. But as of now every player above 20,500 points is in or will for sure be in when eligible.

Joe Johnson is next one down on that list and I don't think he'll quite make it since he never won big. But get up into that 23+ thousand point range and I don't think you're getting denied once you're in the top 25ish ever in points scored.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,641

Post#1826 » by emunney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Nowak008 wrote:People really think Cousins would have been a hall of fame player if he stayed healthy? :talkhand:

He's a 4 time all star; there's one guy in NBA history with more than 6 ASGs who is eligible for the HoF but isn't in there. It's not a total given he'd have made 7 ASGs had he stayed healthy (also not a given he won't still do it), but I'd have given him better than even odds. He would have had to win some games at some point.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#1827 » by emunney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Joe Johnson will make it, I'd bet on it.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1828 » by 4xBuck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:17 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Thing is that's exactly what they do though. Dude puts up 23ish+ thousand points you're likely gonna make it. Maybe it'll get more advanced down the line but right now. But as of now every player above 20,500 points is in or will for sure be in when eligible.

Joe Johnson is next one down on that list and I don't think he'll quite make it since he never won big. But get up into that 23+ thousand point range and I don't think you're getting denied once you're in the top 25ish ever in points scored.

Good point.

I don't know who votes on NBA Hall of Famers, but advanced metrics (Moneyball stuff) is becoming more prevalent with younger voters in baseball. If this happens in the NBA, it won't be good for Cousins.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1829 » by emunney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:19 pm

There are going to be a lot of guys in the HoF that people on this board (myself included) aren't going to be particularly happy with. Kyrie is nearly a lock already. Melo and Dwight are in. Blake is a good bet. AD could get struck by lightning tomorrow and he'd make it (getting struck by lightning would probably make him a lock, actually).
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1830 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 pm

emunney wrote:Joe Johnson will make it, I'd bet on it.
Yeah they pretty much put any decent player in. Hell especially be a lock after he dominates the big 3 for the next decade :). I'm only half kidding about that because the basketball HOF takes into account all your basketball playing not just your NBA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1831 » by DingleJerry » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Funny I was just talking to a friend and Howard came up due to possibly going to Lakers. We started on HOF. He went into it basically saying for sure, and my gut was thinking No, due to how hard he's fallen off. But then we pulled up his stats and awards and I think he's a lock. His prime/dominant era was a couple years more than I gave credit. BTW he's at 18K in points right now
emunney
RealGM

Post#1832 » by emunney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:47 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Funny I was just talking to a friend and Howard came up due to possibly going to Lakers. We started on HOF. He went into it basically saying for sure, and my gut was thinking No, due to how hard he's fallen off. But then we pulled up his stats and awards and I think he's a lock. His prime/dominant era was a couple years more than I gave credit. BTW he's at 18K in points right now

5 time all-NBA first team, 6 time all star, 3 time DPOY... he's a no doubter.

Derrick Rose is as close to a lock as you can get without being a lock. He'd be the first MVP to not make it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1833 » by RRyder823 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:15 am

emunney wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:Funny I was just talking to a friend and Howard came up due to possibly going to Lakers. We started on HOF. He went into it basically saying for sure, and my gut was thinking No, due to how hard he's fallen off. But then we pulled up his stats and awards and I think he's a lock. His prime/dominant era was a couple years more than I gave credit. BTW he's at 18K in points right now

5 time all-NBA first team, 6 time all star, 3 time DPOY... he's a no doubter.

Derrick Rose is as close to a lock as you can get without being a lock. He'd be the first MVP to not make it.
People need to stop thinking that the NBA HoF is for the elite of the elite. That shipped sailed long ago.

Really the only league that has kept their Hall of Fame reserved for true best of the best is the NFL and even they have some slip through the cracks.

Not only are Howard and Rose locks but Boogie probably is as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,966

Post#1834 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 am

Neither Boogie or Rose are making it. Way too tiny a peak and they don't have the international impact that got others in.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#1835 » by rilamann » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:16 am

Nowak008 wrote:People really think Cousins would have been a hall of fame player if he stayed healthy? :talkhand:

The hall of fame would lose its last shred of credibility if Cousins got in.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1836 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:59 am

Nobody is arguing Boogie gets in on his current resume.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1837 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:12 am

I thought the NBA HoF had low standards but just looked at their members, it's still pretty tough to crack.

Boogie could have gotten there easily. Rose, idk, which feels weird to say. Howard is a sure bet though.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#1838 » by Plossum » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:24 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
emunney wrote:Coach Blatt has MS. Devastating.

Read on Twitter

My BIL has MS. Devastating is a kind way to put it. Best wishes to him.

Everybody is different but this doesn’t have to be devastating if he responds well to treatment. My wife has MS and after a rocky start has stabilised well on her current treatment. Wish him all the best.
#LockUpChuck
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1839 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:06 am

I see no reason to debate whether he's an actual basketball Hall of Famer, because everyone is.

I would suggest moving beyond such things and argue whether he'd make your personal head canon HOF, because that's the only real Hall of Fame that matters. Then you have to ask yourself whose the best player who would not make your personal HOF.

For me it's Iverson.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#1840 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:06 am

Cousins has nothing on Derrick Rose, who should be a HOF inductee one day. Never propelled his team to win games or even contended to be an MVP.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks