ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome to the Knicks... The Maple Mamba!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Official Welcome to the Knicks... The Maple Mamba!! 

Post#1041 » by GONYK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:08 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:looks like RJ signed with Puma...yuck!

Definitely seen him as a Nike guy, but it’s the jay z influence. They’re creating a nice lil roster - Ayton, Bagley, Porter Jr, Knox, RJ.

Also it's nice homage to Clyde who also is a brand ambassador. So I get it and like it.
Nike is popular but there's a type of weird hierarchy there.
Players won't get recognized until the lead dogs do.
My biggest example is of Steph curry who couldn't get an all star nod until going to a different brand.

I think Steph staying healthy had more to do with becoming an AS than which shoe company he was signed with.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1042 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Definitely seen him as a Nike guy, but it’s the jay z influence. They’re creating a nice lil roster - Ayton, Bagley, Porter Jr, Knox, RJ.

Also it's nice homage to Clyde who also is a brand ambassador. So I get it and like it.
My biggest example is of Steph curry who couldn't get an all star nod until going to a different brand.

I think Steph staying healthy had more to do with becoming an AS than which shoe company he was signed with.

He was healthy at the end of 2013 season, which was the season he went to under armour and then became an all star.

The 2012-13 West team had Tony Parker 20 ppg, zbo 15 ppg, David Lee 18 ppg. David Lee was on his own team so that's weird enough by itself.

Don't know, I feel like with Nike you can't ever transcend their 'plan. Yeah they want you to be successful, but not LeBron successful. You gotta wait in line.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1043 » by GONYK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

He was healthy at the end of 2013 season, which was the season he went to under armour and then became an all star.

The 2012-13 West team had Tony Parker 20 ppg, zbo 15 ppg, David Lee 18 ppg. David Lee was on his own team so that's weird enough by itself.

Don't know, I feel like with Nike you can't ever transcend their 'plan. Yeah they want you to be successful, but not LeBron successful. You gotta wait in line.

Nike doesn't determine the All-Star team though, fans and coaches do...unless I am misunderstanding you.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1044 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:45 pm

GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Nike doesn't determine the All-Star team
though, fans and coaches do...unless I am misunderstanding you.

Granted but their influence on the league can sway perception , sometimes negatively where you don't get credit.

With Nike he was a cog in the machine, with under armour he is the machine.
You're right and I'm not gonna say apparel affiliation correlate to league rewards but guys have flourished upon leaving them, namely curry and harden.

Yeah I guess it's conjecture but there can be some negatives being a part of the machine. If your an elite player i don't Think you want the implied boundaries.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#1045 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 pm

If Clyde has influence over RJ, maybe there's still hope.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,915

Post#1046 » by blueNorange » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 pm

GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Nike doesn't determine the All-Star team though, fans and coaches do...unless I am misunderstanding you.

i think what he means because the all star game is a popularity contest, nike chooses who they promote and who they don't and because of that the common fan didn't know who he was.

granted it was before he exploded but he wasn't marketed as their "top guy".

zion has billboards in times square and he's playing in new orleans.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1047 » by GONYK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:
GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

i think what he means because the all star game is a popularity contest, nike chooses who they promote and who they don't and because of that the common fan didn't know who he was.

He wasn't a top guy though. He really only had one noteworthy season before switching over to UA.

I agree though, the promotion of Zion is on a different level. The marketing matrix we live in now is completely different though.
RealGM
And1: 39,136

Post#1048 » by 2010 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 pm

blueNorange wrote:
GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

You're not at liberty to ever discuss anything Curry, for reasons well documented. :D

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#1049 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 am

2010 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
GONYK wrote:

You're not at liberty to ever discuss anything Curry, for reasons well documented. :D

The "I'm Bored thread" is out this door, make a left, then down a set of stairs, make a left and then the right past the bathroom.
Free Palestine
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1050 » by Triple C » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#1051 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Yes and no. Remember, you're not a casual fan. You watch all the games, compare all the players, post to related sites. Now think of a casual fan. Dont watch games regularly, don't understand stats or thier context. But on TV I saw that awesome Lebron commercial, everywhere I look I see his face.

Marketing essentially.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1052 » by GONYK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
GONYK wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

Yes and no. Remember, you're not a casual fan. You watch all the games, compare all the players, post to related sites. Now think of a casual fan. Dont watch games regularly, don't understand stats or thier context. But on TV I saw that awesome Lebron commercial, everywhere I look I see his face.

Marketing essentially.

I understand what you're saying, but Steph wasn't really deserving of an all-star marketing push before he got to UA. He had only one season that could be considered AS worthy.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#1053 » by Kidknick! » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

But I just saw a Frank workout video where he hit four 3's in a row!!! In a rooooooowwwwww!!!! Lmao. I love that quote from RJ. Hope it translates onto the floor.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#1054 » by KnicksGod » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,248
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1055 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 pm

OK, here's the thing. I expect we will have around 30 wins and maybe more if we really overachieve.

If everything works out perfectly for each of our guys and everybody achieves more than we thought he could, we're going deep into the playoffs. :lol:

And If I overachieve, I'll earn my first $Billion this year too. :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1056 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm

I get Eli and Jeter vibes from RJ.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,078

Post#1057 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:40 pm

All the incoming rookies feel Cam Reddish will be a better player than RJ. Or Zion. Or Morant.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,253

Post#1058 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,681

Post#1059 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:29 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is super dope and so much better than the usual attention seeking billboards that people put up.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#1060 » by NYKAL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:If Clyde has influence over RJ, maybe there's still hope.

it blows my mind how few Knicks players have taken advantage of his presence and willingness to work with them. I seem to remember him being asked a few years back and saying No, they haven't. That is why I was pleased with Fiz having the greats come in and speak to them.

Return to New York Knicks