ImageImageImageImage

What's The Trade Price On Mo Bamba?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Re: What's The Trade Price On Mo Bamba? 

Post#21 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:22 pm

haosmoove wrote:IMO, Brunson + future first would be fair value. But it's hard to see the Magic giving up on Bamba and trading him for fair value anytime soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please stop dude, no one believes you.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#22 » by ezzzp » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:36 pm

When you remove Doncic/Porzingis, there's nothing on the Mavs that equals the upside of Bamba on a rookie scale salary for 3 more seasons.

He had a lackluster rookie season, but that was expected. Those who thought otherwise were not paying attention to the front office and the coaching staff who repeatedly said prior to the season that it would take time for his body to be ready for meaningful NBA minutes. Some heard that and predicted him a starter by mid-season, but the more realistic fans knew they were talking about a 1-2 year process at minimum.

Prior to his injury he had begun to string together some decent games, and his mid range and 3 point shot looks like it can be developed into an efficient weapon in the near future. When you add in his elite physical traits, I can not see many reasons that this FO trades him at this point...it would have to be something very meaningful for the long term.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,484

Post#23 » by Skybox » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 am

I think Magic have done a good job of building depth and a nice combo of compete/develop at the same time. For that reason, trade value, IMO, is somewhat irrelevant. I think ORL only looks at consolidation trades - putting together a package of goods and picks for one great. No reason to make a lateral trade right now. Bamba is a smart kid and should improve his value. I'd be happy to keep him and build a nasty defensive 2nd team or package him for a Beal. I don't see any advantage in stockpiling players and mediocre picks at this point. Birch can be a very capable backup C, hopefully, Bamba becomes too valuable to keep there.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#24 » by Skin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:What's The Trade Price On Mo Bamba?

I'm a Mavs fan, so feel free to include their players/picks in a deal. Luka and KP are off limits though, of course. lol. :wink: :lol: 8-) :P :D

Bamba is off limits, but Vucevic could be had. We basically signed him in order to not lose him for nothing.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic