ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1281 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:29 am

Read on Twitter

I have this feeling Kanter is going to have a career high in 3pt attempts this year.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,995

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1282 » by 31to6 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:23 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have this feeling Kanter is going to have a career high in 3pt attempts this year.

..by December.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#1283 » by Triple7 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:13 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good for Kanter starting early.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1284 » by Ernest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:19 am

mwhis21 wrote:
Ernest wrote:Anyone know how much it costs to buy the logo space on a teams jersey? If everyone here kicks in 10 or 20k are we close?

I don't think it's as much as people would think depending on the team. I heard at one point as little as 3-5 million per year to I'm sure 10-15 million for teams like the Warriors/Lakers.

I wonder why Duncan Donuts didn't go for the Celtics jersey. Seems like "Boston" is part of their image.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,641

Post#1285 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter

*hits Submit*
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#1286 » by BillTheGOAT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:11 pm

There is a loophole in the CBA where we could sign Baynes again.

Remember when Bogut was traded to Dallas, then flipped to the 76ers then subsequently cut by the 76ers.

There was talk about him re-joining the Warriors because the last team that he was on was not the team the W's traded him to.

He must be traded to a 3rd team first then cut.
31to6
RealGM

Post#1287 » by 31to6 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:48 am

What happened to the thread from a couple of days ago with the vote ‘em rankings of greatest Celtics ever? It seems to have disappeared. I posted in it but can’t find it, and my notification to someone liking my post just leads to a totally blank screen. Did it get moved? Deleted? (Can that happen?)
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,685

Post#1288 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:22 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

*hits Submit*

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,905

Post#1289 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:16 pm

31to6 wrote:What happened to the thread from a couple of days ago with the vote ‘em rankings of greatest Celtics ever? It seems to have disappeared. I posted in it but can’t find it, and my notification to someone liking my post just leads to a totally blank screen. Did it get moved? Deleted? (Can that happen?)

A Global Mod deleted a number of that poster's threads, as SPAM.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
31to6
RealGM

Post#1290 » by 31to6 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:53 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
31to6 wrote:What happened to the thread from a couple of days ago with the vote ‘em rankings of greatest Celtics ever? It seems to have disappeared. I posted in it but can’t find it, and my notification to someone liking my post just leads to a totally blank screen. Did it get moved? Deleted? (Can that happen?)

A Global Mod deleted a number of that poster's threads, as SPAM.

Ah — were they promoting that site? I totally didn’t notice and enjoyed it — took a look at best players in NBA history (Jordan over .. LeBron??) and the best dunks (Carter over Weiss beat out Dr J rocking the cradle if I remember right) too. Of course now it sounds like I’m promoting that site — sorry, back to business! $ign Tacko!
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#1291 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Hey guys so take this FWIW but I walk by the Celtics' practice facility on my way to work most days, and today on my way home I saw two guys that looked like players go out the front door. The thing is, I didn't recognize either of them. One was like 6’5-ish and looked kinda like Derrick White of the Spurs the other was like 6’1 and kinda looked like Ben Gordon but it wasn’t him. He might've been a trainer or something.

Could've been nothing, could've been a player that got worked out, idk.

The only player I've recognized when I've walked by the area was Robert Williams, who seemed really chill when I told him he was the man.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1292 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:53 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:Hey guys so take this FWIW but I walk by the Celtics' practice facility on my way to work most days, and today on my way home I saw two guys that looked like players go out the front door. The thing is, I didn't recognize either of them. One was like 6’5-ish and looked kinda like Derrick White of the Spurs the other was like 6’1 and kinda looked like Ben Gordon but it wasn’t him. He might've been a trainer or something.

The only player I've recognized when I've walked by the area was Robert Williams, who seemed really chill when I told him he was the man.

Was it Marcus Georges-Hunt? We just signed him to a camp deal, I believe.
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#1293 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:56 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Hey guys so take this FWIW but I walk by the Celtics' practice facility on my way to work most days, and today on my way home I saw two guys that looked like players go out the front door. The thing is, I didn't recognize either of them. One was like 6’5-ish and looked kinda like Derrick White of the Spurs the other was like 6’1 and kinda looked like Ben Gordon but it wasn’t him. He might've been a trainer or something.

I don't think so, neither looked like him. Maybe someone that was also working out with him.

The one who was close to MGH's height kinda looked like Khem Birch/Derrick White
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1294 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:30 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I don't think so, neither looked like him. Maybe someone that was also working out with him.

The one who was close to MGH's height kinda looked like Khem Birch/Derrick White

Read on Twitter

I haven't read that we signed MG-H, yet. But he was in town to workout with the Celtics.
We still have 2 spots open for the Training Camp 20-Man roster.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,659

Post#1295 » by NuckyPowell » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's got a nice stroke. Looks like he'll need a lot of space to get it off, though. Hoping for the best.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1297 » by Ernest » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 am

So this has been talked about already, but.... Joakim Noah is still available.

Anyone think he could help us? I’d like the team to get a vet to help stabilize things not sure if he is the guy or not.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1298 » by Parliament10 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 am

Ernest wrote:So this has been talked about already, but.... Joakim Noah is still available.

Anyone think he could help us? I’d like the team to get a vet to help stabilize things not sure if he is the guy or not.

I can't see it. We're already saturated at the Center position.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#1299 » by Triple7 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Ernest wrote:So this has been talked about already, but.... Joakim Noah is still available.

No thanks!
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,056

Post#1300 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:13 am

Triple7 wrote:

No thanks!

I dunno why people down this idea but Joke is such a good energy guy, he would be solid as man 12. We have enough Cs but I would love Joke to be here to mentor Rob. That dude is all about hustle, it could rub off on Rob. If Noah didn't have all the injuries, he could still have a Baynes like career these days. I never question how much Noah wants it when he plays, we could have used that last season for sure. I know a lot of people don't like him from the days when he was a good player on the bulls but to me he is like Smart, hate him on other teams but love him on yours. Dirty work, all hustle kinda guy and an excellent passer. Injuries derailed a solid career.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)

Return to Boston Celtics