Image ImageImage Image

Wade apparently mentoring Coby White

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Re: Wade apparently mentoring Coby White 

Post#21 » by 2018C3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:37 am

I'm also not a fan of the flop, the only solution I can see is to retrospectively stifly fine players who pull this manuever. But that will never happen, so the option to try and trick the ref is now part of the game.

All teams have eqaul opportunity to pull this trick, so its not a big deal. Its just another example of declining morals and ethics in todays acepted society that is now hear to stay.

In todays society. a mans character is no longer valued. Charater has been replaced with whaterer you can get away with is now considered good.
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#22 » by gardenofsound » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:19 am

2018C3 wrote:I'm also not a fan of the flop, the only solution I can see is to retrospectively stifly fine players who pull this manuever. But that will never happen, so the option to try and trick the ref is now part of the game.

All teams have eqaul opportunity to pull this trick, so its not a big deal. Its just another example of declining morals and ethics in todays acepted society that is now hear to stay.

In todays society. a mans character is no longer valued. Charater has been replaced with whaterer you can get away with is now considered good.

Yeah the old days were great. With all those values and character, I mean, it was just great to know which water fountain not to drink from. Man, today's society just has no morals.

Nostalgia around morality and character somehow being better in the past are often the product of misguided cherry picking.

It's also real interesting that Wade is the guy getting singled out here. Rodman used to flop too... even as a Bull, and we revere him to the point where many would put him on the Bulls Mount Rushmore.

Players have been flopping for a long time.
2018C3
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by 2018C3 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:59 am

gardenofsound wrote:
Yeah the old days were great. With all those values and character, I mean, it was just great to know which water fountain not to drink from. Man, today's society just has no morals.

I never intended to refer to that era, as it is part of a shameful past that happened before my time. I was lucky to grow up in a time that did not occur.

I also did not single out Wade or Rodman. You are right, Rodman was one of the guys who played the refs for every single scam he could pull, and it has been going on for a while. It is now part of the game, and will be until the refs take another approach to try and stop it.

People need to spend more time trying to improve the future and try to correct what is still wrong and going on today.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#24 » by Red8911 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:10 am

Meanwhile Coby has been busy liking strippers pictures on Instagram lol. Guy seems to spend a lot of time on social media, hopefully he’s been using similar time to training and practicing basketball.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,467

Post#25 » by NZB2323 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 pm

23-7 wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:
erlim wrote:Whatever. Relationship to the Bulls aside (though I thought he left our team in a very classy and non dramatic manner), Wade was one of the most well adjusted athletes/celebrities I’ve ever seen. It’s not like JR Smith is taking Coby under his wing.

Honestly you're right. Both Wade and Lebron have kept their noses clean off the court in the Twitter/TMZ era. That is pretty damn impressive.

Eh, Wade had a break baby

He's a father to 4 kids, he's raising his nephew, and he does a lot of charity work.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,467

Post#26 » by NZB2323 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:20 pm

2018C3 wrote:I'm also not a fan of the flop, the only solution I can see is to retrospectively stifly fine players who pull this manuever. But that will never happen, so the option to try and trick the ref is now part of the game.

In 2003, Wade founded The Wade's World Foundation, which provides support to community-based organizations that promote education, health, and social skills for children in at-risk situations.

On December 24, 2008, Wade purchased a new home for a South Florida woman whose nephew accidentally burned down the family home.

After breaking his own Miami Heat single-season scoring record, Wade gave the jersey he wore in that night's victory to 8-year-old Michael Stolzenberg, an avid Heat fan that had his hands and feet removed surgically due to a bacterial infection. Wade has been known for visiting other sick children, usually in private to avoid placing himself in the media spotlight.

In September 2009, Wade donated money from his foundation to keep the Robbins, Illinois public library from having to shut down.

In January 2010, Wade and Alonzo Mourning co-founded The Athletes Relief Fund for Haiti",which raised money to help the victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Wade is also an avid supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and has served as an Ambassador for their Hoops for St. Jude basketball initiative.

But yeah, Wade has no character because he flopped in basketball games, just like how baseball catchers have no character for framing balls. It's not like the good old days when JFK had an affair with Marilyn Monroe and then Bill Clinton had an affair with an intern. Back in the day you had high character people who could fire someone for being gay, society blamed women for being raped or sexually harassed, and we were silent about abuse by Catholic priests. Those were the days of high character, when people weren't concerned about what they could get away with.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#27 » by rtblues » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:39 pm

When I look back at the Bulls overall history, Dwayne Wade's name comes somewhere between Leon Benbow and Scott May.
F him. Anyone who believes he was a part of "Bulls history" is kidding themselves. It was a money play, except the Bulls never
got their money's worth. Next...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 729

Post#28 » by Hold That » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 am

I’m pretty sure CP3 is White’s mentor and this was nothing more than an invite to Wades camp
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#29 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:07 am

rtblues wrote:When I look back at the Bulls overall history, Dwayne Wade's name comes somewhere between Leon Benbow and Scott May.
F him. Anyone who believes he was a part of "Bulls history" is kidding themselves. It was a money play, except the Bulls never

Yeah he definitely is not a part of Bulls history in any positive way. That being said it was a money grab first and foremost and that was most important. I think he would have liked it work out better and have had a positive impact on the franchise. I mean it was his first priority but I don’t think he wanted it to play out the way it did. The thing is I hate Fred too so I can’t argue with his disrespect.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#30 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 am

Red8911 wrote:Meanwhile Coby has been busy liking strippers pictures on Instagram lol. Guy seems to spend a lot of time on social media, hopefully he’s been using similar time to training and practicing basketball.

He is a single 19 year old, who is now a multimillionaire, I would be doing the same thing if I'm being honest.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#31 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:36 am

rtblues wrote:When I look back at the Bulls overall history, Dwayne Wade's name comes somewhere between Leon Benbow and Scott May.

But what has that got anything to do with him being a good mentor for White or not?

Whether it's Wade, Paul or Scottie Pippen, you can have an entire NBA family to mentor and guide you as a basksetball player. I'd be picking the brains of every ex or current player who is happy to give me their time.
Why so serious?
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#32 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Thats awsome news to me if Wade is teaching flopping at his camps.

He was getting to the FT strip like 10 times a game in his flopping heyday.

Guy was a MASTER at it and it's a big reason why he's going to the HOF.

I'd love to see some flopping come back and replace the 3 point chuck fest :nod:
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#33 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Thats awsome news to me if Wade is teaching flopping at his camps.
He was getting to the FT strip like 10 times a game in his flopping heyday.

Guy was a MASTER at it and it's a big reason why he's going to the HOF.

I'd love to see some flopping come back and replace the 3 point chuck fest :nod:

Getting mentored by one of your idols you grew up watching is always a good thing.
2018C3
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by 2018C3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 am

2018C3 wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:

I also did not single out Wade or Rodman. You are right, Rodman was one of the guys who played the refs for every single scam he could pull, and it has been going on for a while. It is now part of the game, and will be until the refs take another approach to try and stop it.

People need to spend more time trying to improve the future and try to correct what is still wrong and going on today.

What part of this post do some people not understand? There are parts of this game I do not agree with, I never turned it into something its not. All fans have a right to see unfair things that are happening, and disagree.

I'm not a fan of the flop play, and consider it a low character move, but accept the fact it is hear to stay. Some people are making it to be a big deal. Each team has the same opportunity to pull this deceptive move, so its not a big deal.

In my oppinion I would rather see see the refs retrospectively be able to financially punish this move to help clean up the game from this nonsensece.

I also do not like seeing stars getting the benefit of the doubt. In my opinion the NBA gets more biased star calls than any other major sport.

This is not right, and if it ever gets cleaned up the league would be better.

I grew up in up in a neighborhood where people did not have to lock there doors.

As a young adult I can still remember going camping, and walking into a corner store, (A sign read " Out for a bit, Take what you need and leave your money on the counter").

These are the morals I grew up with, and they are not the same today. I would not trust anyone today under these same circumstances. The times have changed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the solution to todays issues, is everyone needs to be treated the same regaurdless or nationality or race. (People generaly ike to get along), its the media and political parties who try to cause a division.

As far as I'm concerned if both political parties disapeared the world woulf be a better place. The political world needs more independents who have moderate views that also have the mental capacity to meet in the middle and productivily get thigs done. What we got today is two out of date systems that are too stupid to realize they are doing more harm to this country than good. Neither party wants to give a inch on any subject, and the result is nothing ever gets done.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a simple solution to the problem, Just vote in a bill that pays all polititions the same wages for Jury duty, they pay us the civilians to attend.(In place of the regular wages). Things would then get done fast.

Return to Chicago Bulls