Putting Dante Exum into perspective

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, Inigo Montoya, FJS

User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 13,371
And1: 5,486
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#261 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Winglish wrote:Flat out not true? I used his REAL, ACTUAL STATS!


Can't argue with "statistically barfy." 8-)
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 16,028
And1: 4,299
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#262 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 pm

He either turns it around this year, or he doesn't really have a career. I hope he does, I've always really liked him, but I've kind of lost hope.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
pickIBL
Head Coach
Posts: 6,251
And1: 854
Joined: Aug 12, 2008

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#263 » by pickIBL » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 pm

stitches wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:

I keep hoping that at some point we'll all be glad that the Jazz didn't trade away Dante.

I've been generous with my hot takes lately - here's one more. By the end of the season Jazz fans will be almost unanimous Dante deserves his contract.

A broken clock is technically correct twice a day, but the odds are not in favor. Dante is a long shot, and therefore expendable if the right deal comes along.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
eLo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,632
And1: 109
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
       

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#264 » by eLo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:54 pm

babyjax13 wrote:He either turns it around this year, or he doesn't really have a career. I hope he does, I've always really liked him, but I've kind of lost hope.

i also like Ex but lets finally end this talk, he wont made carer in pro basketball as he is truly injury prone, his body wont ever survive full rs not to mentioned po
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,298
And1: 283
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#265 » by ForeverRDjazz » Fri Aug 2, 2019 4:23 am

eLo wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:He either turns it around this year, or he doesn't really have a career. I hope he does, I've always really liked him, but I've kind of lost hope.

i also like Ex but lets finally end this talk, he wont made carer in pro basketball as he is truly injury prone, his body wont ever survive full rs not to mentioned po

I'd say your to late because Exum has already made basketball a career. :banghead:
pickIBL
Head Coach
Posts: 6,251
And1: 854
Joined: Aug 12, 2008

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#266 » by pickIBL » Sun Aug 4, 2019 1:26 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
eLo wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:He either turns it around this year, or he doesn't really have a career. I hope he does, I've always really liked him, but I've kind of lost hope.

i also like Ex but lets finally end this talk, he wont made carer in pro basketball as he is truly injury prone, his body wont ever survive full rs not to mentioned po

I'd say your to late because Exum has already made basketball a career. :banghead:

For sure, the rest of us gotta pay to watch
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
User avatar
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,847
And1: 1,842
Joined: Sep 06, 2008

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#267 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:25 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
eLo wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:He either turns it around this year, or he doesn't really have a career. I hope he does, I've always really liked him, but I've kind of lost hope.

i also like Ex but lets finally end this talk, he wont made carer in pro basketball as he is truly injury prone, his body wont ever survive full rs not to mentioned po

I'd say your to late because Exum has already made basketball a career. :banghead:


What a life. Born 6 foot 8.....suck the worst of anyone at your chosen profession......millionaire! :o
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,501
And1: 6,031
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#268 » by stitches » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:58 am

ConstableChaos
Freshman
Posts: 52
And1: 21
Joined: Nov 08, 2018

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#269 » by ConstableChaos » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:26 am

MC/DM/Ex/Bogie/RG lineups would be a sneaky small ball lineup.

I would love to know what Exum's weight is now. Guarding the elite 3's may be a stretch, but your league average guys (Harrison Barnes, Tim hardaway jr?) seems feasible. Then on offense you'd say the opposite team would be putting their worst defensive wing on Exum in that lineup...... I'm a glass half full kinda guy
TheBallsDeeper
Rookie
Posts: 1,046
And1: 1,170
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
       

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#270 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 am

Article with Dante Exum quotes in this link;

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/news/dante-exum-knee-injury-rehab-says-utah-jazz-are-primed-for-a-big-season-we-have-something-special/1jnutreg2x5cd1fx8o6zpf2pj6

Nothing earth shattering - going to be a tough year, thinks the Jazz building something special, all Jazz players are good people which is important in building a successful team, looking forward having Conley to learn from, rehab on schedule (does not give a return date). Also a short video where he says that he is loong foward most to the Philly game as he wants to beat Simmons.

His American accent has gotten really strong in the past 6 months.
@ndrew
Veteran
Posts: 2,699
And1: 47
Joined: Jan 15, 2006
Location: Vladivostok, Russia
Contact:
 

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#271 » by @ndrew » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:56 am

Any update on him? Some offence creativity of the bench would definitely help.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk
Image
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 13,819
And1: 4,895
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#272 » by KqWIN » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:34 pm

@ndrew wrote:Any update on him? Some offence creativity of the bench would definitely help.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk


He’s been practicing fully since about a week ago. There was a rumor he might have played Friday versus the Bucks.

It sounds like he’s close, but I’m not sure there’s minutes for him anyways.
SoCalJazzFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 621
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#273 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:31 pm

KqWIN wrote:
@ndrew wrote:Any update on him? Some offence creativity of the bench would definitely help.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk


He’s been practicing fully since about a week ago. There was a rumor he might have played Friday versus the Bucks.

It sounds like he’s close, but I’m not sure there’s minutes for him anyways.

I'd like to see what he can do with Mudiay's minutes.
User avatar
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
Posts: 17,126
And1: 1,006
Joined: Sep 19, 2002
Location: Barcelona, Spain
   

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#274 » by FJS » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:32 pm

If he doesn't work I would trade him for peanuts and I would give his money to Mudiay. He is doing what Exum should (in offense) altough in defense it's another story.
Image
KqWIN
RealGM
Posts: 13,819
And1: 4,895
Joined: May 15, 2014
 

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#275 » by KqWIN » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 pm

I’ve been very anti-Mudiay as well as an Exum optimist...but I wouldn’t play Exum over Mudiay. That could change though. Mudiay is a very up and down player.

When Exum does play, he needs to be an energy guy. Starting Royce is the right move, but we lack energy coming off the bench. Especially with Davis our.
User avatar
Goober
GOTB's Cancun
Posts: 10,866
And1: 4,052
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
     

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#276 » by Goober » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:21 am

KqWIN wrote:I’ve been very anti-Mudiay as well as an Exum optimist...but I wouldn’t play Exum over Mudiay. That could change though. Mudiay is a very up and down player.

When Exum does play, he needs to be an energy guy. Starting Royce is the right move, but we lack energy coming off the bench. Especially with Davis our.

I hear Kenneth Faried is very energizing
User avatar
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 13,371
And1: 5,486
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#277 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Goober wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I’ve been very anti-Mudiay as well as an Exum optimist...but I wouldn’t play Exum over Mudiay. That could change though. Mudiay is a very up and down player.

When Exum does play, he needs to be an energy guy. Starting Royce is the right move, but we lack energy coming off the bench. Especially with Davis our.

I hear Kenneth Faried is very energizing

He's currently energizing the Chinese market.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
Image
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,298
And1: 283
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#278 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:21 pm

pickIBL wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
eLo wrote:i also like Ex but lets finally end this talk, he wont made carer in pro basketball as he is truly injury prone, his body wont ever survive full rs not to mentioned po

I'd say your to late because Exum has already made basketball a career. :banghead:

For sure, the rest of us gotta pay to watch

No. You don't have to pay a dime to watch. Now when he comes back and you buy a ticket? Then you can claim you paid to watch. Jazz are really playing it slow this year with EX. :banghead:

Return to Utah Jazz