Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1941 » by sco » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:47 pm

:clap:
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1942 » by WYO » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:55 pm

sco wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
WYO wrote:There are some good and realistic trade ideas on this page. I'll ruin that by throwing out a trade for the unavailable Aaron Gordon.

Trade 1: White, Carter Jr, and Shrek for Aaron Gordon
Trade 2: Dunn+2nd for E'twaun Moore
Trade 3: Valentine and Hutchison for Jae Crowder
Sign Noah to defend real centers

The rotation
1: Satoransky, Moore, Arci
2: Lavine, Moore
3: Porter, Crowder
4: Gordon, Young
5: Markkanen, Noah, Kornet

Like all the trade ideas. Basically get rid of all the young guys for borderline all star and 2 way veterans.
Honestly, Gordon can become another Victor Oladipo where he cannot unleash his full potential since its the Magic.
Carter I feel has some value but its better to get rid of White before he underperforms as a starting level pg.
While GarPax has generally hit homeruns (Butler, Lauri, and maybe Carter) I am just not convinced how the number 7 pick this yr is a cannot miss prospect. My bet is he will never be better than Sato during his rookie contract if not his entire career.

I like Gordon, but feel like he lacks the playmaking skill to become elite. I think by year 3, WCJ could be the better player. Shrek's contract isn't worth dumping at this stage because there isn't an FA difference making talent that it could be used on.

I love the idea of Dunn/Moore.

I also love Crowder as Porter insurance, but IIRC, he is a UFA next season, so I would rather see if either or Valentine is a legit rotation player, if not, just sign Crowder next year if we lost Porter.

I think Chicago moves the meh young players like Dunn, Valentine and/or Hutch for a Moore, Crowder, MKG, etc. if they're in the playoff hunt at the deadline.

I disagree on Gordon needing to be a playmaker though. Draymond Green isn't a playmaker but he's very important to the synergy the Warriors have had for their championships. Gordon rim running on offense with his crazy athleticism would be an ideal fit next to Markkanen. His perimeter defense as a power forward would in theory help Chicago to defend the 3 better and give the coaching staff some versatility in lineups. I'm not sold on WCJ being more than a good but not great undersized center with ok athleticism. I don't see him being any better than Gordon is/will be. Gordon isn't a star by any means but would compliment Lavine, Porter, and Markkanen rather well.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1943 » by drosereturn » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:35 am

WYO wrote:
sco wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Like all the trade ideas. Basically get rid of all the young guys for borderline all star and 2 way veterans.
Honestly, Gordon can become another Victor Oladipo where he cannot unleash his full potential since its the Magic.
Carter I feel has some value but its better to get rid of White before he underperforms as a starting level pg.
While GarPax has generally hit homeruns (Butler, Lauri, and maybe Carter) I am just not convinced how the number 7 pick this yr is a cannot miss prospect. My bet is he will never be better than Sato during his rookie contract if not his entire career.

I like Gordon, but feel like he lacks the playmaking skill to become elite. I think by year 3, WCJ could be the better player. Shrek's contract isn't worth dumping at this stage because there isn't an FA difference making talent that it could be used on.

I also love Crowder as Porter insurance, but IIRC, he is a UFA next season, so I would rather see if either or Valentine is a legit rotation player, if not, just sign Crowder next year if we lost Porter.

I think Chicago moves the meh young players like Dunn, Valentine and/or Hutch for a Moore, Crowder, MKG, etc. if they're in the playoff hunt at the deadline.

I disagree on Gordon needing to be a playmaker though. Draymond Green isn't a playmaker but he's very important to the synergy the Warriors have had for their championships. Gordon rim running on offense with his crazy athleticism would be an ideal fit next to Markkanen. His perimeter defense as a power forward would in theory help Chicago to defend the 3 better and give the coaching staff some versatility in lineups. I'm not sold on WCJ being more than a good but not great undersized center with ok athleticism. I don't see him being any better than Gordon is/will be. Gordon isn't a star by any means but would compliment Lavine, Porter, and Markkanen rather well.

Gordon will be a star. His win shares/ advanced stats are indicating he will have a breakout very soon.
The question is whether he can make a leap like Oladipo and my answer is yes. Either way, he will be better than Carter and White combined which is all that matters.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,633

Post#1944 » by Dez » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:46 am

Showtime23 wrote:
WYO wrote:
sco wrote:I like Gordon, but feel like he lacks the playmaking skill to become elite. I think by year 3, WCJ could be the better player. Shrek's contract isn't worth dumping at this stage because there isn't an FA difference making talent that it could be used on.

Gordon will be a star. His win shares/ advanced stats are indicating he will have a breakout very soon.
The question is whether he can make a leap like Oladipo and my answer is yes. Either way, he will be better than Carter and White combined which is all that matters.

I'll take the no he won't option on this quite easily thank you.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1945 » by Bulldog23 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Trades involving getting back a shooter make sense, that is a need that should be explored.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1946 » by scottyg » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:52 pm

3 team trade

Bulls get - Allen Crabbe
Hawks get - tristen Thompson
Cavs get - Kris Dunn + Christian Felicio + Denzel valentine + 2nd rd pick !
sco
RealGM

Post#1947 » by sco » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:28 pm

scottyg wrote:3 team trade

Bulls get - Allen Crabbe
Hawks get - tristen Thompson
Cavs get - Kris Dunn + Christian Felicio + Denzel valentine + 2nd rd pick !

Part of me is holding out optimism for Valentine, but that trade would take our a lot of risk.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#1948 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:11 am

I'd gladly send Dunn to the Hawks for their 2020 second round pick. Lets just move on.
ROLES & HOLES
Bulls619sd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1949 » by Bulls619sd » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:18 am

Trade Valintine, Dunn, Blakeney, and Felicio for veterans. We have enough young guys, veteran shooting guard, small forward, and center would be nice. We're not going to be able to keep all these young guys
sco
RealGM

Post#1950 » by sco » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:12 pm

Bulls619sd wrote:Trade Valintine, Dunn, Blakeney, and Felicio for veterans. We have enough young guys, veteran shooting guard, small forward, and center would be nice. We're not going to be able to keep all these young guys

You'd need to include a future protected 1st to get them off the books. No way Pax does that, as 3 of the 4 come off the books next season. The right move is to see what happens during the season and reassess at the deadline.

The Dunn situation is only bad if come in the player who was here last year and for some unknown reason Kingpin puts him in the rotation ahead of Sato and/or White - or Dunn gets benched and starts causing lockerroom problems (which he hasn't done before...albeit in different circumstances).
sco
RealGM

Post#1951 » by sco » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 pm

I saw Griz want to trade (not buy out) Iggy.

He'd be a great fit here (if he isn't purely ring chasing). Dunn, Hutch and Val (plus a second rounder) works in the trade checker.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#1952 » by ImSlower » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:11 pm

He wants a contender, not to be a mentor on a sub 500 team. That's the entire reason he isn't reporting.
sco
RealGM

Post#1953 » by sco » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:29 pm

ImSlower wrote:He wants a contender, not to be a mentor on a sub 500 team. That's the entire reason he isn't reporting.

I know, but adding him to our squad and we are a likely playoff team where he can be a real leader. Contender - unlikely, but:

Sato, Zach, Otto, Lauri, WCJ, White, Iggy, Thad, Luke (plus maybe getting something from Hutch, Arch or Gafford) - that's a roster that's got a shot at 46-50 wins.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,209

Post#1954 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm

sco wrote:
ImSlower wrote:He wants a contender, not to be a mentor on a sub 500 team. That's the entire reason he isn't reporting.

I know, but adding him to our squad and we are a likely playoff team where he can be a real leader. Contender - unlikely, but:

Sato, Zach, Otto, Lauri, WCJ, White, Iggy, Thad, Luke (plus maybe getting something from Hutch, Arch or Gafford) - that's a roster that's got a shot at 46-50 wins.

Seems way too high. Iggy doesn’t add that many wins. Still may not be good enough to get the 8th spot. Plus iggy isn’t going to be a regular season grinder.
sco
RealGM

Post#1955 » by sco » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:28 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:

Seems way too high. Iggy doesn’t add that many wins. Still may not be good enough to get the 8th spot. Plus iggy isn’t going to be a regular season grinder.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think differently.
sco
RealGM

Post#1956 » by sco » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Saw this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854307-get-him-help-or-get-him-out-top-bradley-beal-trade-ideas#slide1

Washington Wizards Receive: Kris Dunn

Chicago Bulls Receive: CJ Miles, 2022 second-round pick (most favorable of Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons or Los Angeles Lakers)

Few motivations in trade talks are more powerful than desperation, and there are few more desperate depth chart situations than the Wizards' point guard group (no John Wall, a banged-up Isaiah Thomas and Ish Smith) and the Bulls' wing reserves (Denzel Valentine, Chandler Hutchison and...that's it).

See where this is going?

After two uneven and trade-rumor-filled seasons in Chicago, Dunn might feel like a lost cause for Windy City faithful. That idea should sound wild to anyone else, especially a team with as many questions at point guard as the Wizards.

Three years ago, Dunn was the fifth overall pick, selected right in front of Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray. His DraftExpress scouting report said his "combination of elite physical tools, ability to get to the rim, both in transition and off the dribble, passing ability, and defensive upside gives him an immense amount of potential..."

The Wizards have to see if Dunn can get his groove back. The risk would be minimal, if it even exists. The trade cost would be next to nothing, and Dunn's arrival would be infinitely more exciting than whatever Thomas and Smith can offer.

Even if Dunn doesn't dramatically improve, he could ease the defensive burden on Beal and perhaps unlock some off-ball offensive value since he has the athleticism and strength to finish plays as a cutter.

The Bulls might feel they're selling low on Dunn, but that's only true if other offers are on the table. If they were, you'd think Chicago would have pounced by now. This isn't quite giving him away, either, since Miles, a career 35.9 percent perimeter shooter, could conceivably snag a second-team role and the pick might fall in the early second round.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#1957 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 pm

I'd be fine with Dunn for Miles+2nd.

Must say I'm worried about the wing depth for this team. Hutch injured and who knows how healthy Valentine is.

Seen a trade proposal in the T&T thread of Dunn to the Timberwolves for Treveon Graham(and Tyrone Wallace), doesn't seem like much but I'm not sure I'd decline it tbh. Need bodies at the 2/3 positions.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1958 » by StunnerKO » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:36 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sco
RealGM

Post#1959 » by sco » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:08 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:I'd be fine with Dunn for Miles+2nd.

Must say I'm worried about the wing depth for this team. Hutch injured and who knows how healthy Valentine is.

Seen a trade proposal in the T&T thread of Dunn to the Timberwolves for Treveon Graham(and Tyrone Wallace), doesn't seem like much but I'm not sure I'd decline it tbh. Need bodies at the 2/3 positions.

I'd be up for Miles and a 2nd. Miles is a proven bench commodity, but that 2nd rounder is the icing!
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#1960 » by Dan Z » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:08 am

Bizarre trade proposals.

The Hawks are high on Huerter and just drafted Reddish. I'm sure they're not looking to trade them and definitely not for players like Hutchison and Dunn. Blakeney is no longer on the Bulls and I'd rather have Hutchison than Fernando (even though I like him).

Return to Chicago Bulls