ImageImageImageImage

New Season, New Court

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

New Season, New Court 

Post#1 » by Def Swami » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:35 pm

They must really love this logo and font. 10 years in and the primary and secondary logos have not changed.

On the bright side, I do like the Core and especially the Icon courts. The secondary logo has always been better than the primary.

Hopefully there is a separate court for the City Uniforms in the works too.

Read on Twitter

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Re: New Season, New Court 

Post#2 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Must have a ton of these sitting in a warehouse somewhere and they're hopeful the playoff run last year will sell of their remaining stock? I don't get it. So many missed opportunities. Nike takes over the jerseys, fail to do anything. 25th or 30th anniversary, fail again to change. Oh, made the playoffs? Run it back. Pathetic.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,505

Post#3 » by AddiFB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Meh...

Icon one is kinda nice though
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#4 » by orlando_joe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:48 pm

black or blue uni white pinstripe with the black in the paint I like
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#5 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#6 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:36 am

They're all so similar to each other that I fail to see the point of it.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#7 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 am

Glad it's not just me...
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#8 » by paperboymafia » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:31 am

I like the Icon one by far the best but safe to say im underwhelmed at this point as the other two are just so similar.

Within a few game we'll all be wondering what's actually changed.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#9 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Not sure if real.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#10 » by paperboymafia » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:06 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Image

Not sure if real.

Let's get loud...for your...Phoeni...uh ORLAAAANDO...
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#11 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Well, we've got sun here too must have been their pitch. I cannot believe they just changed the blue to orange on the ball logo and called it a day.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#12 » by orlando1214 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Hopefully, the jersey is a bit more creative than the court. It's not horrible, but such little effort was put into it.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#13 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:29 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:They're all so similar to each other that I fail to see the point of it.

It legit took me a minute to discern the differences. :-?
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#14 » by MagicMadness » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:50 pm

What is the point of orange and black?

Is it because of our old orange groves? If so, why black as the secondary color? Is it a Halloween court design?

On a separate note, we need a new main logo. Or at least, a new font for 'Orlando Magic' on the logo. Bland then, bland now.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#15 » by MagicMatic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 pm

I understand the orange, but why dark gray/back? Should have been neon green or blue or something as the secondary. Also, the center court logo is boring per usual. We need a rebrand.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#16 » by Def Swami » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:13 pm

It's bad. The entire design team and marketing department sucks. They all take a massive L for the primary court designs, the city court, the jerseys, and the lame slogans. There are amateurs online who can come up with far better designs.

It's so uninspired and boring. Outside of the color orange representing Orange County, there's nothing that reflects any part of the city in this City court design. There's no reason to run with an ugly charcoal color. Why not yellow? Or green? Or blue? Or almost any other color. They're not even trying by just changing the secondary logo to have an orange tint. And if the theme is "orange", why is there so much black and charcoal????

I give up. They had the best jerseys, logo, and color scheme in major league sports and refuse to capitalize on it. They couldn't even a "Classic Court" for our Classic nights last year like EVERY other team got. They're terrible. And I don't believe they'll ever figure it out.

If you want to see some of the other City Courts, take a look. The Hawks (at least they feature the actual fruit!), Clippers, Raptors, Kings, Heat, Jazz, and Warriors are among the best. And the Classic Courts of the Raptors and Grizzlies and Hornets are really cool.
https://imgur.com/a/tWlbdMB
NSB_Magic
Junior
And1: 172

Post#17 » by NSB_Magic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:00 am

Def Swami wrote:It's bad. The entire design team and marketing department sucks. They all take a massive L for the primary court designs, the city court, the jerseys, and the lame slogans. There are amateurs online who can come up with far better designs.

It's so uninspired and boring. Outside of the color orange representing Orange County, there's nothing that reflects any part of the city in this City court design. There's no reason to run with an ugly charcoal color. Why not yellow? Or green? Or blue? Or almost any other color. They're not even trying by just changing the secondary logo to have an orange tint. And if the theme is "orange", why is there so much black and charcoal????

I give up. They had the best jerseys, logo, and color scheme in major league sports and refuse to capitalize on it. They couldn't even a "Classic Court" for our Classic nights last year like EVERY other team got. They're terrible. And I don't believe they'll ever figure it out.

If you want to see some of the other City Courts, take a look. The Hawks (at least they feature the actual fruit!), Clippers, Raptors, Kings, Heat, Jazz, and Warriors are among the best. And the Classic Courts of the Raptors and Grizzlies and Hornets are really cool.
https://imgur.com/a/tWlbdMB

Preach. It’s embarrassingly bad.. they think the players don’t realize it too? Hard enough being in small market. They need to clean house in that department... been bad for years
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#18 » by pepe1991 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:15 am

I think concept of "magic" opens a doors for lot of creativity. Yet there is non on displey here

I find current logo, slogan and overall marketing kind a boring. I really like collors of a team, but everything else is just meh, feels like bunch of guys in their 60s are in charge of marketing and they just wait until retire.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#19 » by OrlandO » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:I think concept of "magic" opens a doors for lot of creativity. Yet there is non on displey here

I find current logo, slogan and overall marketing kind a boring. I really like collors of a team, but everything else is just meh, feels like bunch of guys in their 60s are in charge of marketing and they just wait until retire.

Read on Twitter

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#20 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:56 pm

The court would be better if 'ORL' was replaced with an actual logo of some type.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379

Return to Orlando Magic