ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Julius Randle 3/63M (Team Option)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,420

Re: WOJ: Julius Randle 3/63M (Team Option) 

Post#661 » by KnicksGod » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm

GONYK wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
always nice to see the skills. but this isn't even close to serious run.

i still agree that randle gonna eat big this season.

He’s less than a year older than KP and KP can’t go 1 on 1 like that, or handle or pass like that either.

KP could definitely do it against the YMCA players Randle was running against in that video

I'd give the YMCA guy at least some odds of going straight up at the rim and KP blowing it.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,937

Post#662 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm

GONYK wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
always nice to see the skills. but this isn't even close to serious run.

i still agree that randle gonna eat big this season.

He’s less than a year older than KP and KP can’t go 1 on 1 like that, or handle or pass like that either.

KP could definitely do it against the YMCA players Randle was running against in that video

dude, i could. :lol:

fools ain't even going half speed.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#663 » by malik959 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Yeah, but it's not about their competition, it's about their skill improvement. Iman never showed skill improvements. What we would see from him was his jumping abilities. Randle is showing an increased skill that is translatable to his NBA game. His step back shot is about the cleanest I've seen from any big man and he does it like a guard. His first step going to the rim is also quicker than any other big man I've seen. KP was a great outside shooter and a great defender, in which with a major knee injury for a 7 footer I can see that skill taking a huge hit due to lateral movement. I myself felt a huge difference in skill after tearing my ACL, yeah I may not have been a professional but being military I depended on daily (sometimes 4 a day) workout routines that a lot of pro athletes would look like "what the heck did I just get into?" It was nothing for me to wake up and say "I feel like running 5 miles today with a frack vest, rucksack, and boots." KP's skill set relies on his athleticism and with his history of knee problems + ACL tear I can't see that trend just all of a sudden disappearing.

With this team I'll take Randle over KP, Randle has more offense ability than KP from ball handling, passing (sharing), strength, backing down his opponent, driving to the basket ex........ Defense awareness is the only thing I can see KP having the upper hand over Randle, in which right now I can't see KP reacting to what his mind wants his body to do. Trust me when I say his mind will scream move to the left while his feet will stay planted as if they didn't hear him. I can see him being overly cautious, afraid to get hurt again.

To go from:
Shows dedication and a player that wants to be The Beast!

Or this:

Looks at the bar and only sees about 50lbs while I do that with singles lol.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,308

Post#664 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Read on Twitter
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#665 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm

I could see Randle having a better career from here on out then Kyrie and KD.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,364

Post#666 » by Zenzibar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:16 pm

malik959 wrote:Yeah, but it's not about their competition, it's about their skill improvement. Iman never showed skill improvements. What we would see from him was his jumping abilities. Randle is showing an increased skill that is translatable to his NBA game. His step back shot is about the cleanest I've seen from any big man and he does it like a guard. His first step going to the rim is also quicker than any other big man I've seen. KP was a great outside shooter and a great defender, in which with a major knee injury for a 7 footer I can see that skill taking a huge hit due to lateral movement. I myself felt a huge difference in skill after tearing my ACL, yeah I may not have been a professional but being military I depended on daily (sometimes 4 a day) workout routines that a lot of pro athletes would look like "what the heck did I just get into?" It was nothing for me to wake up and say "I feel like running 5 miles today with a frack vest, rucksack, and boots." KP's skill set relies on his athleticism and with his history of knee problems + ACL tear I can't see that trend just all of a sudden disappearing.

With this team I'll take Randle over KP, Randle has more offense ability than KP from ball handling, passing (sharing), strength, backing down his opponent, driving to the basket ex........ Defense awareness is the only thing I can see KP having the upper hand over Randle, in which right now I can't see KP reacting to what his mind wants his body to do. Trust me when I say his mind will scream move to the left while his feet will stay planted as if they didn't hear him. I can see him being overly cautious, afraid to get hurt again.

To go from:

Or this:

Nice write up.
Stop All Genocides
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,367
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#667 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:26 am

BeagleBoss wrote:I could see Randle having a better career from here on out then Kyrie and KD.

That's only because you think it helps to have 2 legs and not to be insane.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,401

Post#668 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:50 am

How are those Porzingis rape charges coming along?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,209

Post#669 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:56 am

Fat Kat wrote:How are those Porzingis rape charges coming along.

On the knicks wall podcast jmacri(host of the knicksfilmschool podcast) made a great point.

If kp were black we would never hear the end of lt.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,401

Post#670 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,910

Post#671 » by Stannis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:10 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter

6 am? According to KP, the Knicks gym doesn't up till 12 45
Free Palestine
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#672 » by Sark » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 pm

On a side note, did you know that Dolph Lundgren has a degree in chemical engineering, and a genius level IQ.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#673 » by Sark » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:27 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:

On the knicks wall podcast jmacri(host of the knicksfilmschool podcast) made a great point.

That's 100% bullsht and race baiting.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,308

Post#674 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Sark wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

Nah its true

They made a much bigger deal about Drose case
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,367
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#675 » by BKlutch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:06 am

Sark wrote:On a side note, did you know that Dolph Lundgren has a degree in chemical engineering, and a genius level IQ.

Genius IQ? Certainly something else neither KP nor Janis has.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,018

Post#676 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Sark wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

Nah its true

They made a much bigger deal about Drose case

DRose had a trial. If KP has the same, we'll hear about it.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#677 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:21 am

malik959 wrote:Yeah, but it's not about their competition, it's about their skill improvement. Iman never showed skill improvements. What we would see from him was his jumping abilities. Randle is showing an increased skill that is translatable to his NBA game. His step back shot is about the cleanest I've seen from any big man and he does it like a guard. His first step going to the rim is also quicker than any other big man I've seen. KP was a great outside shooter and a great defender, in which with a major knee injury for a 7 footer I can see that skill taking a huge hit due to lateral movement. I myself felt a huge difference in skill after tearing my ACL, yeah I may not have been a professional but being military I depended on daily (sometimes 4 a day) workout routines that a lot of pro athletes would look like "what the heck did I just get into?" It was nothing for me to wake up and say "I feel like running 5 miles today with a frack vest, rucksack, and boots." KP's skill set relies on his athleticism and with his history of knee problems + ACL tear I can't see that trend just all of a sudden disappearing.

To go from:

Or this:

Wait ... dude actually has a 10 pack.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,292

Post#678 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:57 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:

To go from:

Or this:

Wait ... dude actually has a 10 pack.

18 pack or better. We are talking about beer right?
:beer: RIP mags
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#679 » by Triple C » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#680 » by Juco24 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:25 pm

I've said this before... if you compare the output of player 1 via the output of player 2... THERE'S NO WAY that one player should be paid TEN MILLION MORE than the other! In my honest opinion, the Knicks came away with this on the winning side. I'll take Randle/DSJ + picks any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Return to New York Knicks