ImageImage

ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89 

Post#1961 » by DrWood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 am

Plossum wrote:Rose was better. I agree re TMac. People remember his amazing athleticism but he really wasn’t that great a player. He just benefitted from that gunslinger era where it was normal for dudes to score 25 on 22 shots.

Edit: I’ll add both guys are a little overrated. Both amazing athletes who had a lot of rough patches in their games. I think Rose had a bigger impact on the game with how he manipulated defences due to his ability to get into the lane. But then again I’m not sure TMac ever played on a team as good as some of the Bulls teams Rose was on. So it’s tough. Both good but flawed players but I think rose’s peak was better.

Rose had a peak of two years, TMac had a peak of 7 years, and his best years were better than Rose's best years, and he won two scoring titles. And Rose is a terrible defender, while TMac was slightly above league average.

It's not close whatsoever.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#1962 » by mattg » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 am

I can’t even believe people think rose was anywhere close to as good as McGrady was. It’s insulting. The best of T-Mac is closer to prime Durant while the best of Rose is closer to Stephon Marbury.

Then the nerve to cite the MVP that rose literally only won because the voters were annoyed that Lebron decided to create a superteam and have a douchey WWE introduction party and wouldn’t give it to him again.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#1963 » by Plossum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:16 am

TMac had one season in 15 where he shot above league average TS%. People get sucked in by his volume and insane athleticism. He was a good player but very overrated IMO.
#LockUpChuck
Plossum
General Manager

Post#1964 » by Plossum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:18 am

mattg wrote:I can’t even believe people think rose was anywhere close to as good as McGrady was. It’s insulting. The best of T-Mac is closer to prime Durant while the best of Rose is closer to Stephon Marbury.

Then the nerve to cite the MVP that rose literally only won because the voters were annoyed that Lebron decided to create a superteam and have a douchey WWE introduction party and wouldn’t give it to him again.

Neither Rose or TMac are close to KD. KD is an all time great where Rose and TMac are borderline HoF candidates.
#LockUpChuck
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#1965 » by jschligs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 am

Rose isn’t near as good as T-Mac, neither are anywhere close to KD.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1966 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Rose is getting elevated in this discussion because his team was good; they made it to the conference finals with him, and he won MVP*!

That's true, and McGrady never got out of the first round. But let's consider that the team Rose was on was astronomically better than what McGrady had in Orlando. The Bulls still made it to the second round the year he was out. The year he "came back" and played 10 games, they won 48.

McGrady was playing with like Drew Gooden and Darryl Armstrong. I remember the year he was so insane (32/6/5/2), both Mike Miller and Grant Hill (go figure) both got hurt and were out for the second half and playoffs. I mean what was he supposed to do?

The Houston teams were good. Sucks they never got out of the first - don't have any explanations there other than they ran into some good teams out West.
Plossum
General Manager

Post#1967 » by Plossum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:42 pm

TMac and WB is a more interesting comparison. I’m willing to concede on Rose. His peak just didn’t last long enough because of the injuries.

So who’ve you got: TMac or Russ?
#LockUpChuck
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#1968 » by chonestown » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:03 pm

"Jason Kidd Played Critical Early Role In Lakers Signing Dwight Howard" is rivaled only by "JR Smith Throws Soup at Assistant Coach" in terms of wire headlines.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks