Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020 

Post#81 » by BoogieTime » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:25 am

Will be interesting to see if there is extension talk for Buddy/BOgi

Obviously with Buddy your going to need a deal, sizably leas than the max or just match RFA next year. It’s a value to be able to lock in long term money off a rookie deal, so we hold the cards.

BOgi too.

The FA market is weak next year, so if a deal is to be had it might be beneficial
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#82 » by becorz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:37 am

BoogieTime wrote:Will be interesting to see if there is extension talk for Buddy/BOgi

Obviously with Buddy your going to need a deal, sizably leas than the max or just match RFA next year. It’s a value to be able to lock in long term money off a rookie deal, so we hold the cards.

BOgi too.

The FA market is weak next year, so if a deal is to be had it might be beneficial

There isn't any way that Buddy takes less than the max. If you look at the free agents, only Davis and Lowry could be viewed as better than him. Then Ingram, Siacam, and Brown on the restricted side. It is clear that Davis and Siacam are going to stay with their teams at max money. Then I could make the argument that Buddy is the best free agent in the class. Why would he take less than max? That said, with the Kings not really having any cap room next season, I could see them giving him a four year max extension now, to keep the core together and make everyone happy.

Bogi and Buddy seem like they are pretty close, maybe Buddy takes a slight discount so the team could sign Bogi to an extension now?

Bogi is the one who is just tough to peg. He is a guy who can fit anywhere, so I could many teams throwing a big offer sheet at him. I don't see him taking 4/$50m right now. And at that money, can the Kings afford him long term? That said, you can always sign him now and deal with it later...
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#83 » by BoogieTime » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:41 am

becorz wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Will be interesting to see if there is extension talk for Buddy/BOgi

BOgi too.

There isn't any way that Buddy takes less than the max. If you look at the free agents, only Davis and Lowry could be viewed as better than him. Then Ingram, Siacam, and Brown on the restricted side. It is clear that Davis and Siacam are going to stay with their teams at max money. Then I could make the argument that Buddy is the best free agent in the class. Why would he take less than max? That said, with the Kings not really having any cap room next season, I could see them giving him a four year max extension now, to keep the core together and make everyone happy.

Bogi and Buddy seem like they are pretty close, maybe Buddy takes a slight discount so the team could sign Bogi to an extension now?

Bogi is the one who is just tough to peg. He is a guy who can fit anywhere, so I could many teams throwing a big offer sheet at him. I don't see him taking 4/$50m right now. And at that money, can the Kings afford him long term? That said, you can always sign him now and deal with it later...

Buddy may get the max next offseason, because as you said the pickings are slim in FA. Plus Buddy has beast work ethic and should improve.

But there is little reason for the Kings to render it now when they can most likely match it next off season

The benefit for Buddy taking less is getting that long term dough. Anything injury wise can happen. He’s coming off a rookie deal. Secure big time money is what the Kings have to make him take less or just match next offseason
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#84 » by dckingsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Yeah, if Buddy improves again (at all) - it will be a max offer (IMO). But, let's wait and see how the season plays out :D
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#85 » by becorz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:10 pm

BoogieTime wrote:But there is little reason for the Kings to render it now when they can most likely match it next off season

The benefit for Buddy taking less is getting that long term dough. Anything injury wise can happen. He’s coming off a rookie deal. Secure big time money is what the Kings have to make him take less or just match next offseason

If the Kings can get Buddy to agree to an extension that is not a designated rookie extension, they need to sign him to it immediately.

The Kings can't afford to lose Buddy. Buddy knows this. I am sure the Kings want to keep Buddy happy and there is no better way to do that than $20+ million a year. Why delay the inevitable? The only downside is if Buddy gets hurt, but his skill set is such that an injury shouldn't harm him, long term.

It is pretty clear that Fox is getting the designated rookie extension when he comes up. And Bagley, if he develops as the Kings would hope, also might be in that territory. You can only have two designated rookies.

The Kings aren't going to have cap space next year. There is little downside to signing Buddy to an extension. If he agree to the non-designated rookie max, just sign the man.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#86 » by dckingsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 pm

↑↑↑↑ - your point is a better one :D
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#87 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:07 pm

I also heard Bags looks amazing. let's hope this means they can both log major mins vs top bigs. Future is bright!
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#88 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:Image

I also heard Bags looks amazing. let's hope this means they can both log major mins vs top bigs. Future is bright!

Whoa! That's some serious development there. Bagley did look a lot bigger in the USA scrimmage too. Fox is jacked as well. Well, for him. Next year is going to be a challenge but they appear to be in the right position body wise.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#89 » by KF10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:28 pm

If Giles can improve his ability to stay on the court (lowering his foul rate), I see him having a good year. Maybe not a star-level season but a very solid, effective season. Which would be excellent. He was a bit raw last season but the flashes he shown was undeniable. I hope he worked hard over the summer and will come into next season as a real contributor for us.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#90 » by Lost in LA » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:27 pm

Seems most "experts" see us getting 33-40 wins and not making the play offs. I believe Fox and Bagley will be better, and we have a center now. We also have injury cover also...

Let's see how good Luke Walton is... I see 42-45 wins personally, unless Luke is not as advertised.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#91 » by BoogieTime » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:30 am

We’re lucky to have good kids who have good work ethic. No denying Fox/Buddy/Bagley/Giles/Etc will give everything they have to improve in the offseason.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#92 » by KF10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 am

I hate to admit it but we may have an outside chance of underperforming. I really do think we really snuck up on teams last season with our pace. As the season progressed, the Kings tired themselves up and other teams adjusted. The Kings had a bad second half of the season. I hope our main core improved this summer and Walton isn't a downgrade from Joerger. I do like the additions of the team though. We only really lost WCS and he was hot and cold at best. I believe we can match 39 wins this upcoming season but I don't think we improve by more than 5 games, imo. Anywhere from 39 to 44 wins is my prediction with an outside chance of doing worse than last season. Anything above 44 wins would be great.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#93 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Experience means a ton, but if they come in with these kind of physical improvements then the Kings chances of making a significant dent earlier in this cores development increase drastically.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#94 » by BoogieTime » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:53 am

Are we going to lose one of Buddy/Bogdan in FA next year? Such a weak FA class next year, someone will pay BOgi to start most likely
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#95 » by BoogieTime » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:10 am

Id probably pay BOgi a descending extension 16 a year now
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#96 » by Sactowndog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Lost in LA wrote:Seems most "experts" see us getting 33-40 wins and not making the play offs. I believe Fox and Bagley will be better, and we have a center now. We also have injury cover also...

Let's see how good Luke Walton is... I see 42-45 wins personally, unless Luke is not as advertised.

I’m not sure the experts even pick 40. Most I have heard stop at around 38. Maybe a spread of 32-39. I’m not sure a single close follower of the team would put them anywhere within that spread. I have them at 44 and just missing the playoffs. Curious if anyone has them 39 or less?
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#97 » by Sactowndog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:49 pm

KF10 wrote:I hate to admit it but we may have an outside chance of underperforming. I really do think we really snuck up on teams last season with our pace. As the season progressed, the Kings tired themselves up and other teams adjusted. The Kings had a bad second half of the season. I hope our main core improved this summer and Walton isn't a downgrade from Joerger. I do like the additions of the team though. We only really lost WCS and he was hot and cold at best. I believe we can match 39 wins this upcoming season but I don't think we improve by more than 5 games, imo. Anywhere from 39 to 44 wins is my prediction with an outside chance of doing worse than last season. Anything above 44 wins would be great.

Yeah depth is going to matter and teams will foul to stop the break so Fox has to hit 80% or greater on his free throws.

On the other hand we had the most B2B games last year and were negative rest advantaged. We are positive rest advantaged this year. WCS was a horrible fit next to Bagley regardless how you thought of him as a player. Dedmon will be much better in fit even if the same numbers as a player. Fox and Bagley both showed improvement at the team USA camp. Unless injured, I don’t see how they could regress. Giles and Bogi are the wildcards.

In terms of the division, yes the Clips are going to be great, we lost to them 4 times last year. We lost to the Warriors 4 times last year and we get them 2 times without Klay and the last game of the year. We lost to the Lakers 3 times and we get them the second to last game of the year. I’m guessing we are able to get at least 2 wins in those twelve which is an improvement!

Against the other top conference teams (Denver, Portland, Utah, Houston) we were a grand total of 2 wins and 12 losses. Hard to get appreciably worse in the same number of games. We have two rest advantaged games against Portland so assume we win one of those and assume we play better against Denver and Utah without WCS who as a sickle cell carrier has reason to struggle at altitude. 2 wins out of 14 is again reasonable. At the end of the day it will come down to record versus, Dallas, New Orleans and SA.

The post all star break small ball lineup with Bogi at SF will hopefully never be seen again. It lead to many losses. Lastly, Walton is not going to throw the Portland game like DJ did. I see at least 40 wins and pick 44.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#98 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:11 pm

NBA, Kings Conclude 'Not Sufficient Basis To Support' Allegations Against Luke Walton

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255229/NBA-Kings-Conclude-Not-Sufficient-Basis-To-Support-Allegations-Against-Luke-Walton
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#99 » by Lost in LA » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:06 pm

Delete
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#100 » by Lost in LA » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm

That's the last obstacle out of the way..

Return to Sacramento Kings