ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#841 » by NYKAL » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:24 pm

I doubt we see the DSJ/Elfred pairing as much as others because RJ is such a good distributor that he'd be able to replicate whatever you'd get by playing DSJ & Elfred. So, might as well just leave them to their traditions positions (the point)
YungKnicks
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#842 » by YungKnicks » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:39 pm

I need DSJ to stop playing around and be GSW Baron Davis already..... LOL

I need E. Payton to stop playing around and be Gary Payton already.... LOL
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#843 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Forgot Zo! Feeling this squad. All they need to do is play to their level and we're a problem for any opponent save deep teams like Denver and Clippers. I'm ready!

Fiz better not eff this up. The talent is there

(on the other hand, if he is going to suck then I hope he sucks fast and we can move on from him quickly instead of watching a whole season of Mudiayesque coaching decisions)

Yup. The very top end talent might not be there, but there is plenty of talent and depth of talent. Fiz is on the clock.

I'm sure you guys understand that there's a whole lot of new players that have never played with each other and it will take time for them to mesh and learn how to play with each other and it's gonna take Fiz time messing with different rotations before he knows who plays best with who on the floor and to figure out the 1st and 2nd units. Fiz won't be going anywhere next season. He'll be the head coach the entire year.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#844 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

3tohead, is that your throwaway Twitter account? Future DSJ Wikipedia?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,152

Post#845 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:17 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fiz better not eff this up. The talent is there

(on the other hand, if he is going to suck then I hope he sucks fast and we can move on from him quickly instead of watching a whole season of Mudiayesque coaching decisions)

Yup. The very top end talent might not be there, but there is plenty of talent and depth of talent. Fiz is on the clock.

I'm sure you guys understand that there's a whole lot of new players that have never played with each other and it will take time for them to mesh and learn how to play with each other and it's gonna take Fiz time messing with different rotations before he knows who plays best with who on the floor and to figure out the 1st and 2nd units. Fiz won't be going anywhere next season. He'll be the head coach the entire year.

Oh right. Fiz "figuring out rotations". I forgot.

Knicks won't see a steady lineup until game 65. Good times.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#846 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Every single coach has to figure out rotations when they're going through a rebuild and more than half their players will be new to the team, not just Fiz.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,876

Post#847 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

... or until we trade Portis and Morris for Mudiay .......
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,152

Post#848 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:44 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Every single coach has to figure out rotations when they're going through a rebuild and more than half their players will be new to the team, not just Fiz.

That's what preseason is for
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,128

Post#849 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 am

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#850 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

Are you hoping you can change your name to 3toheadSmithJr?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#851 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Are you hoping you can change your name to 3toheadSmithJr?

I was gonna do it for sure if the Knicks drafted him. But I gotta rep my guy Melo. He’s been disrespected way too much lately. I’ll leave it as that, not tryna derail the thread.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#852 » by taj2133 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#853 » by taj2133 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#854 » by blueNorange » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

that's why you maximize his strengths(slashing and finishing strong at the rim) by having play more off ball.

rj and dsj should really work on developing a 2 man game with one another, dsj should be on the receiving end of a lot of back door passes from rj.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#855 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:11 pm

blueNorange wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

that's why you maximize his strengths(slashing and finishing strong at the rim) by having play more off ball.

rj and dsj should really work on developing a 2 man game with one another, dsj should be on the receiving end of a lot of back door passes from rj.

U mean like this :o :o

It would be sick if they turned out to be some dynamic duo. Let’s hope it works out for us... for once :pray:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#856 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Facts
Read on Twitter
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#857 » by cgmw » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:22 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Facts
Read on Twitter

So it begins.

I’m telling you this team is built to be be an underdog media darling. Especially if (when) BK struggles.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,876

Post#858 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:27 am

cgmw wrote:
Read on Twitter

So it begins.

I’m telling you this team is built to be be an underdog media darling. Especially if (when) BK struggles.

So true.

If people think this is a Knicks town, wait until the media has a chance to start pushing the "Knicks return to relevancy" narrative, which many of them will do in a heartbeat if they can do it without getting egg on their face.

Most of them do expect us to become relevant, so you're spot on that they'll rip Brooklyn to shreds just as easily given the chance.

If this is a surprise season for the Knicks and their record is close to Brooklyn's, you'll see that shift in the media.

They need a punching bag so this is the perfect set-up.

If Brooklyn does well, they can keep punching us for a little while longer, but not for very long.

If Brooklyn falters, its a Buzzfeed sports dream come true. The knives will come out (x2 if we excel).
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#859 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:01 am

My guy out here putting on a show. Of course the competition is ass and it means nothing but damn its hard not to get excited for him this season
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,231

Post#860 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:56 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Read on Twitter

So it begins.

So true.

If people think this is a Knicks town, wait until the media has a chance to start pushing the "Knicks return to relevancy" narrative, which many of them will do in a heartbeat if they can do it without getting egg on their face.

Most of them do expect us to become relevant, so you're spot on that they'll rip Brooklyn to shreds just as easily given the chance.

If this is a surprise season for the Knicks and their record is close to Brooklyn's, you'll see that shift in the media.

They need a punching bag so this is the perfect set-up.

If Brooklyn does well, they can keep punching us for a little while longer, but not for very long.

If Brooklyn falters, its a Buzzfeed sports dream come true. The knives will come out (x2 if we excel).

It would be a dream come true to not be a joke in the media. I don't care about BKN at all though. If they are good...it makes for more meaningful rivalry games if//when we get there. Yeah...part of me wants them to fail...let's be real.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks