ImageImageImageImage

New Season, New Court

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Re: New Season, New Court 

Post#21 » by pepe1991 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:35 pm

OrlandO wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I think concept of "magic" opens a doors for lot of creativity. Yet there is non on displey here

I find current logo, slogan and overall marketing kind a boring. I really like collors of a team, but everything else is just meh, feels like bunch of guys in their 60s are in charge of marketing and they just wait until retire.

Read on Twitter

This is pure gold :lol:

thanks for sharing

90s corny crap at it's finest and i'm loving it :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#22 » by MagicMadness » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:03 pm

MagicMatic wrote:I understand the orange, but why dark gray/back? Should have been neon green or blue or something as the secondary. Also, the center court logo is boring per usual. We need a rebrand.

Magic PR guy is prob like:

"The color 'orange' represents the rich history of Central Florida's once thriving orange grove business. The color 'black' represents.....night time, when the oranges would be sleeping."
Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#23 » by Popsicle1228 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:57 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:The court would be better if 'ORL' was replaced with an actual logo of some type.

A pumpkin would work nicely. :wink:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Post#24 » by MagicMatic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Popsicle1228 wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:The court would be better if 'ORL' was replaced with an actual logo of some type.

A pumpkin would work nicely. :wink:

:lol:
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#25 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Damn, that song from 89' is still fire. We need to bring that back.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Post#26 » by Audi » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:37 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Damn, that song from 89' is still fire. We need to bring that back.

Been in my sig this whole time man. I had a cassette tape I transferred to digital and threw onto YouTube.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#27 » by drsd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 am

drsd
RealGM

Post#28 » by drsd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Damn, that song from 89' is still fire. We need to bring that back.

Here is a high quality version of the song:

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#29 » by pepe1991 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 pm

They should probably hire somebody and write some soccer type of anthem. High energy , easy words to remember, make it sound like group of people sing main chorus.
Pretty much soul of Europien and South American sports are songs and they really meke games feel like out of body experience.
My national team has like 10 songs that every kid and every old person knows from start to finish and every single club has it's own anthem. Basketball, handball, soccer ,hell even waterpolo.

I also find it odd how wrestling still has some epic chants, but basketball ( at least NBA ) does not.
When you watch premiership they come up with some of most awsome crap like " let's pretend, let's pretend that we just scored a goal" and they all cheer :lol:

And my favorite, after an L they sing " you are nothing special, we lose every week " :rofl:
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#30 » by paperboymafia » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:42 am

pepe1991 wrote:They should probably hire somebody and write some soccer type of anthem. High energy , easy words to remember, make it sound like group of people sing main chorus.
Pretty much soul of Europien and South American sports are songs and they really meke games feel like out of body experience.
My national team has like 10 songs that every kid and every old person knows from start to finish and every single club has it's own anthem. Basketball, handball, soccer ,hell even waterpolo.

I also find it odd how wrestling still has some epic chants, but basketball ( at least NBA ) does not.
When you watch premiership they come up with some of most awsome crap like " let's pretend, let's pretend that we just scored a goal" and they all cheer :lol:

And my favorite, after an L they sing " you are nothing special, we lose every week " :rofl:

"is there a fire drill?" when the fans of the other team leave early is one of my favourites. :lol:
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#31 » by Furinkazan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am

dbl
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#32 » by Furinkazan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:28 am

MagicMadness wrote:What is the point of orange and black?

Is it because of our old orange groves? If so, why black as the secondary color? Is it a Halloween court design?

On a separate note, we need a new main logo. Or at least, a new font for 'Orlando Magic' on the logo. Bland then, bland now.

maybe rebranding toImage
drsd
RealGM

Post#33 » by drsd » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 am

Furinkazan wrote:maybe rebranding toImage

For me the new "Halloween" court is:

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#34 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am

paperboymafia wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:They should probably hire somebody and write some soccer type of anthem. High energy , easy words to remember, make it sound like group of people sing main chorus.

"is there a fire drill?" when the fans of the other team leave early is one of my favourites. :lol:

Your eyes are offside
your eyes are offside
Mesut Ozil
you eyes are offside :lol: :lol:

Leverkusen supporters used to sing "Wir schlafen nicht auf Betten, wir schlafen nicht auf Stroh, wir schlafen auf Tabletten, das ist bei Bayern so!" what translated means "We don't sleep in beds, we don't sleep on straw, we sleep on pills, that's how we do it at Bayer!" referring to their sponsor Bayer being a pharmaceutical company.

During Stuttgart international games their fans chant in translation "You have to be drunk to watch Stuttgart play international football" ( because that's how terrible they were :lol: )

i was once on a local game and when team scored 6th goal fans yelled "game ,set ,match" :rofl:
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#35 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:55 am

paperboymafia wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Image

Not sure if real.

Let's get loud...for your...Phoeni...uh ORLAAAANDO...

wtf is this crap?
man how do they get paid and they aresatisfied with it? let's start a petition to make them rebrand it because I won't handle that crap all season long.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#36 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:23 pm

they should have put the ball logo replacing with a kinda stylised orange ( the fruit)- ball logo like in the hawks court ,with juice instead of the stars coming out of it.

Simple. It took me 2 secs to imagine that. Give me a job Orlando.
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#37 » by OrlandoSaban » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Why can’t we just go back to the old school logo and uniforms and call it the day?
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#38 » by Furinkazan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:Why can’t we just go back to the old school logo and uniforms and call it the day?

If only they would listen to fans but nope they know better.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#39 » by SD2042 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:29 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
OrlandoSaban wrote:Why can’t we just go back to the old school logo and uniforms and call it the day?

If only they would listen to fans but nope they know better.

To me, it would've been the better decision. All they had to do is modify it to relate to today's times. That should not be that hard to do. I will say that I do like the pinstripes in one of the designs to have been formatted to the first hardwood floor the Magic played on back in the day.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#40 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm

They released one new jersey for 2019-2020, our Icon jersey. It is the replacement for the blue jersey with new pinstripe we had last year. It has been replaced by the black with blue pinstripe.

In: 2019-2020 Orlando Magic Icon Jersey

Out:

Our association jersey will be the white one. I know we've seen these mobile designs, but they make reference to Orange County twice in the image, I imagine they'll be on one of our Statement, City or Earned unis. I'm wondering now, if they don't do a dark grey/black + orange like we saw on the court, but also a blue/white/orange for our earned edition based off the colors below:

For earned I think they go with the white logo, brighter blue sky background, and orange highlights.

Return to Orlando Magic