ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1481 » by tydett » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:So since my two favorite genres are looter shooters and Soulsborne games, Remnant: From the Ashes sounds right up my alley.

Swooped it up yesterday. Some things are pretty clunky (a lot of the character animations are pretty bad for this day in tech), but there's definitely some good stuff to be had here.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,066

Post#1482 » by FrieAaron » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
I played some Overwatch. I've been mainly playing battle royale games with some Battlefield V and Borderlands 2 sprinkled in there. I haven't bought FIFA in a few years, maybe I'll get that when it comes out.

Bringing role queue to OW is the best patch they've ever had for the game from a competitive standpoint. Can't wait for it to hit quickplay.

I haven’t played Overwatch in quite a while, but that’s a tremendous addition. Smite did the same thing about a year ago and it’s made playing with randoms much more viable. You still get bums obviously, but you at least have clearly defined roles.

Yeah, even in games with good teammates it was still often times hectic to have to try to figure out in that 30 second window who was going to fill what role. They're also doing ratings by role for matchmaking so if you decide to practice something that you don't usually play you don't have to worry about tanking the game.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#1483 » by jschligs » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
Bringing role queue to OW is the best patch they've ever had for the game from a competitive standpoint. Can't wait for it to hit quickplay.

I haven’t played Overwatch in quite a while, but that’s a tremendous addition. Smite did the same thing about a year ago and it’s made playing with randoms much more viable. You still get bums obviously, but you at least have clearly defined roles.

Yeah, even in games with good teammates it was still often times hectic to have to try to figure out in that 30 second window who was going to fill what role. They're also doing ratings by role for matchmaking so if you decide to practice something that you don't usually play you don't have to worry about tanking the game.

Role queue was the best thing to happen to competitive play. The only issue I have is if someone quits you can't switch to the empty role. A few times we had a dps quit and couldn't get near enough damage on the enemy on the 2nd point and could've won with 5 even. I also enjoy that they broke out the ratings like you said. I'm a much better healer than I am tank, and if I want to play tank I get put into the right skill level. Nicely done.

My biggest gripe though is the Brigette nerf. As a healer I always go Moira then Brig but she's a shell of what she used to be IMO.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#1484 » by FrieAaron » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 pm

jschligs wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Role queue was the best thing to happen to competitive play. The only issue I have is if someone quits you can't switch to the empty role. A few times we had a dps quit and couldn't get near enough damage on the enemy on the 2nd point and could've won with 5 even. I also enjoy that they broke out the ratings like you said. I'm a much better healer than I am tank, and if I want to play tank I get put into the right skill level. Nicely done.

My biggest gripe though is the Brigette nerf. As a healer I always go Moira then Brig but she's a shell of what she used to be IMO.

Yeah, that does suck. The downside to freeing up a role if someone leaves is theoretically you might be playing a platinum game but your tank is a Master DPS player or something. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff Brig a tiny bit, but think she's still useful if the enemy is running heroes that are in your backline a lot. Her healing numbers are high enough to compete with other heroes now, but she doesn't have the burst to be a main healer for sure. I'm wondering if she might be viable in a deathball comp with a Lucio, though. She definitely can't be played in the frontline as easily anymore - that's for sure.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1485 » by WRau1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 pm

When I host sports parties, I like to put out multiple TVs. The problem I always run into is that my projector uses my XBox1 for local stations while all other TVs I have set up just use an antenna. The projector with XB1 is always 5 seconds behind. Is there something I can do to stop the delay?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,733

Post#1486 » by DanoMac » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Anybody try the 2K demo yet?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,962

Post#1487 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:24 pm

WRau1 wrote:When I host sports parties, I like to put out multiple TVs. The problem I always run into is that my projector uses my XBox1 for local stations while all other TVs I have set up just use an antenna. The projector with XB1 is always 5 seconds behind. Is there something I can do to stop the delay?

If you're using antennas then you're gonna be ahead of anything else you try. Only solution is to use an antenna on the projector too or don't use it at all.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1488 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:28 am

Sooooo PoE is basically adding...tower defense...in it's next league? Will be curious to see how it works. I have no plans to play the rest of the year with what's currently on my list and what is coming.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1489 » by WRau1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:40 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:When I host sports parties, I like to put out multiple TVs. The problem I always run into is that my projector uses my XBox1 for local stations while all other TVs I have set up just use an antenna. The projector with XB1 is always 5 seconds behind. Is there something I can do to stop the delay?

If you're using antennas then you're gonna be ahead of anything else you try. Only solution is to use an antenna on the projector too or don't use it at all.

Is that even possible, using an antenna on a projector?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1490 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:52 pm

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

What you need is a TV tuner (from Amazon or some place). It takes the coax signal from your antenna and converts it to a digital signal (like HDMI) that you can output to the projector.

Something like this. I'd do some research on highly rated and recommended devices, but this kind of thing is what you're looking for.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1491 » by WRau1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:33 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

What you need is a TV tuner (from Amazon or some place). It takes the coax signal from your antenna and converts it to a digital signal (like HDMI) that you can output to the projector.

Something like this. I'd do some research on highly rated and recommended devices, but this kind of thing is what you're looking for.

Cool, thanks! I've looked at these before and have a good idea of quality ones. Hopefully this gets rid of the delay.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,053

Post#1492 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:15 pm

I bought a 65 inch Sony Bravia TV 2 years ago. Haven't used it in awhile since I've been basically living at my girlfriend's. We brought the TV over to her place today and I was super stoked.

5 minutes into watching something I noticed a bright white spot on the left edge of the TV. After googling I think it's called "light bleeding" and is pretty common. Anybody know if I can do anything?

Most people probably wouldn't notice it but I know I'm going to fixate on it everytime I turn that **** on.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1493 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1494 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:58 pm

I didn't realize BL3 was just 3 weeks away. Holy ****.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1495 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:53 pm

We don't seem to discuss the Xbone games much around here. Any Gears of War fans? I only played GoW3 and the original and probably for a grand total of 30 minutes. But I might pick up Gears 5 next week as a tide me over until BL3. I read up on the lore of the series this week and it actually seems really interesting.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1496 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:02 am

Question for fans of Borderlands, what draws you guys to these games? I'm only about 5 hours into Borderlands 2 and nothing about the game is really grabbing me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#1497 » by mattg » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Question for fans of Borderlands, what draws you guys to these games? I'm only about 5 hours into Borderlands 2 and nothing about the game is really grabbing me.

All the different crazy guns, shoot and loot aspect. The world is interesting and unique and definitely a major step above other shooter games story wise. But the game honestly doesn’t even start til you’ve played through the entire game twice and gotten to the max level. The end game is unparalleled and being able to do raids and missions with your decked out character. The multiplayer should be even better on BL3 too.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#1498 » by FrieAaron » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Question for fans of Borderlands, what draws you guys to these games? I'm only about 5 hours into Borderlands 2 and nothing about the game is really grabbing me.

I'm kind of with you. It's a looter shooter so if you're not into those kinds of games it won't appeal to you. I have the same issue with the Diablo series. I enjoy them but don't generally stay playing with them past my first play-through.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1499 » by crkone » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:27 pm

I'm finally going to finish Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1500 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:03 pm

mattg wrote:

All the different crazy guns, shoot and loot aspect. The world is interesting and unique and definitely a major step above other shooter games story wise. But the game honestly doesn’t even start til you’ve played through the entire game twice and gotten to the max level. The end game is unparalleled and being able to do raids and missions with your decked out character. The multiplayer should be even better on BL3 too.

Agreed with all of this. On my first couple play throughs I usually do just enough to maintain main story appropriate levels, skip a ton of side stuff, and grind where I can (Slappy, BNK3R, The Destroyer). Only very early on do I do all the missions.

Real game starts with the 3rd play through. Enemies regenerate health, the baddest versions come out and play.

One tip: early in the game, I always farm Knuckledragger (the first boss) for at least one Hornet, and if I'm playing as Salvador I get two because he can dual wield. That gun whips ass a long while early on.

As for what I generally like about the game has a lot to do with the customization. I've spent over 1000 hours in it and no one play through is ever the same. A great great shield or relic will fall into my hands, giving a certain type of weapon some insane bonus, and I'll tailor my gameplay around it. Or I'm cruising along with one weapon as my main like an SMG, when a great sniper or pistol or shotgun pops up and I'm completely changing my playstyle. There's also the skill trees which inevitably dictate your play style too. But the cool thing about that is if you suddenly catch a Legendary that doesn't mesh, you can just respec to get the most out of it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks