gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

DeMarcus Cousins under investigation for threats against ex-wife 

Post#1 » by gts1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Man if this is true this guys problems just got a lot worse than knee surgery
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: DeMarcus Cousins under investigation for threats against ex-wife 

Post#2 » by BEazy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Lakers dodging bullets. While I don’t wish injury to any player, Cousins injury might’ve been a blessing in disguise.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#3 » by Slava » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Without much background, it sounded like he was frustrated enough with his ex-wife not allowing his son to be at his wedding, which is not a cool move unless he was being a bad father. Its a **** up situation and no one comes out looking better for it.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#4 » by TKainZero » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Yikes

I hope this doesn’t cause a distraction
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#5 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:45 pm

What a sad turn of events for Boogie. Probably best to just cut him and avoid the media frenzy.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,661

Post#6 » by dockingsched » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Cut him and let him use facilities to rehab, but cut him.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#7 » by Beethoven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:02 pm

I think out of anger and frustration, he blurted out something like "man, i'll shoot you if you ever do something like that to our son" or something like that we would say without thinking out of anger toward someone we had enough of.
And that person being opportunistic turned around and reported it to blow it out of proportion.

I think Cousins is fine.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#8 » by tugs » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:43 am

Yep, I agree. Not to judge anyone but what's the point of publicizing this **** if you're the ex unless you're a bitter btch?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#9 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:38 am

Simple. If youve got joint custody, schedule wedding on date u got the kid.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#10 » by Landsberger » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:54 am

Wow..... the dude threatened to shoot his wife. A few people here need to look up the statistics on domestic violence and how many times something like this is waived off before something like the threat happens.

I'm not surprised in the least by this unfortunately....
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#11 » by Dr Aki » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:01 am

Open up that slot Rob
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#12 » by Ball so hard » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:12 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Simple. If youve got joint custody, schedule wedding on date u got the kid.

It's really not that simple. What if she decided at last minute to not let their son attend his father's wedding? In this scenario, Cousins would need to quickly hire an attorney who would then have to promptly file a petition with the court to intervene. Depending on the State that has jurisdiction over the child, there may not be a quick resolution, i.e your paperwork with the court is not processed until after your wedding.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#13 » by Jody Smokz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:38 pm

You obviously didn't read the story. The person was the mother of his 7 year old son not his current wife. The dispute started b/c she wouldnt allow their son to attend his wedding. Terrible coparenting relationship problems.

Landsberger wrote:Wow..... the dude threatened to shoot his wife. A few people here need to look up the statistics on domestic violence and how many times something like this is waived off before something like the threat happens.

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#14 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Open up that slot Rob

It's not like DMC had a minor traffic violation here but Rob is probably weighing the possible backlash if he do this. I would do it then sign Faried as a backup in case the Dwight experiment fails. I don't think Noah would still like to sign esp after they chose Howard over him plus there's going to be a duplication of roles if Dwight stays focuse but Kenneth offers a slightly different skills set. He's faster, more athletic and a bit smaller down low perfect for a faster paced offense.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#15 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Paul George is another player I’d expect to see this type of stuff from, exaggerated or not. Once we know all the details, see if there’s reason enough not to cut him.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#16 » by Dr Aki » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:13 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Open up that slot Rob

It's not like DMC had a minor traffic violation here but Rob is probably weighing the possible backlash if he do this. I would do it then sign Faried as a backup in case the Dwight experiment fails. I don't think Noah would still like to sign esp after they chose Howard over him plus there's going to be a duplication of roles if Dwight stays focuse but Kenneth offers a slightly different skills set. He's faster, more athletic and a bit smaller down low perfect for a faster paced offense.

again, what backlash? we wouldn't be cutting him loose. he's still getting his full contract pay out and you still let cousins continue to rehab on the lakers dime.

teams cut injured, non-guaranteed contracts to save money and make trade moves all the time and it's just business

yet if the lakers do it, it's a bad look?

just open up that slot
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#17 » by Landsberger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:59 am

Jody Smokz wrote:You obviously didn't read the story. The person was the mother of his 7 year old son not his current wife. The dispute started b/c she wouldnt allow their son to attend his wedding. Terrible coparenting relationship problems.

Landsberger wrote:Wow..... the dude threatened to shoot his wife. A few people here need to look up the statistics on domestic violence and how many times something like this is waived off before something like the threat happens.

No.... I read every word of the story. I said "wife" but meant mother of his child. Does that make it different? If it's just an acquaintance you had a kid with it's OK?. You have disagreements with your wife, girlfriend, ex-wife and threaten to kill them? When is that OK with you..... apparently if the guy doing the threatening plays for your favorite sports team.....

Have you ever studied statistics on domestic violence? Do you know anything about it and the warning signs? I do know a little about it and this is a serious red flag for a guy who's not been a model of how to maintain interpersonal relationships thus far.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#18 » by Landsberger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:05 am

Ball so hard wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Simple. If youve got joint custody, schedule wedding on date u got the kid.

It's really not that simple. What if she decided at last minute to not let their son attend his father's wedding? In this scenario, Cousins would need to quickly hire an attorney who would then have to promptly file a petition with the court to intervene. Depending on the State that has jurisdiction over the child, there may not be a quick resolution, i.e your paperwork with the court is not processed until after your wedding.

Hey.... I have a novel idea..... don't put the kid in the middle. Period! Adults too often pull this crap based on their personal feelings rather than think about the life long F-up it does to the kid..... this stuff perpetuates more of the same. Yeah.... let the kid go to the wedding of a guy who just threatened to shoot me? Somehow Cousins is the good guy here? Wow.... just wow.

Get an attorney involved.... then you get a counselor involved.... then the kid gets to be put in the middle.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#19 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:00 am

See, my suggestion is best. Cousins made an arrangent.. Lets sayyy, monday thru friday cousins gets the kid. Then, get married on thursday. Totally eliminate the drama.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#20 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:41 am

I just listened to that audio.
What a disgusting comment!
I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers.
I'd be happy if they cut him. I didn't think much of him before the signing. Now I can't fathom seeing him in the P&G.
Formerly lakerRD

Return to Los Angeles Lakers