ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Bucks Fined $50K for Tampering LOL

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Sign Jaylen Adams 

Post#321 » by DrWood » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:43 pm

talbert wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
That's exactly what **** up his game.

What? I think he hurt his back.

Also, I think his love life may have gotten in the way as well.

Lifting unless you're getting huge (Bledsoe is in this space) it isn't a factor IMO as long as your consistently shooting and lifting. I could see if you didn't practice or get up shots for a long time and put on some muscle that could be an issue maybe. And don't lift before games or anything. But other than that muscle is good until it limits range of motion IMO.

I've always been a pretty good shooter and I lifted quite a bit during my playing days. Back injuries have taken their toll on me as well.

Tiger Woods was doing Navy Seal training (lifting), which is how he hurt his back.

or if you'd rather have the truth: https://www.golfchannel.com/news/timeline-look-back-tiger-woods-injuries

his swing put enormous pressure on his body and it's been breaking down nearly forever.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Sign Jaylen Adams 

Post#322 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Wait, there are people that still think that it was the weights that **** up Tiger's swing and overall game? Not, ya know, the complete mental breakdown as a result of his personal life and marriage crumbling, as well as the multitude of back surgeries/injuries that would have cropped up regardless of what he was doing training-wise? I don't know how this is still a thing. I mean, he was still looking pretty jacked when he won the Masters like, 4 months ago...
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#323 » by Jez2983 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:05 pm

The genesis of this argument was the contention that as KD and Bird didn't (reportedly) do much in the way of strength work that it wasn't that important.

Honestly, if the argument is that everyone should do what two of the best offensive players of all time did because it worked for them, I'm not sure it's a strong one.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#324 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Fickle as it is, I'll feel better about Dragan Bender the sooner we start seeing instagram videos of him in the Bucks training center. Dude can't roll of an Adriatic pleasure barge right into training camp.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#325 » by MAC1987 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:22 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Wait, there are people that still think that it was the weights that **** up Tiger's swing and overall game? Not, ya know, the complete mental breakdown as a result of his personal life and marriage crumbling, as well as the multitude of back surgeries/injuries that would have cropped up regardless of what he was doing training-wise? I don't know how this is still a thing. I mean, he was still looking pretty jacked when he won the Masters like, 4 months ago...
Can too much lifting cause injuries? Its clear his body broke down and that can be because of his swing, all the lifting and all the golf he played. He got wore down and thus you get injured.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#326 » by MrHoneycutt » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:43 am

MAC1987 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Wait, there are people that still think that it was the weights that **** up Tiger's swing and overall game? Not, ya know, the complete mental breakdown as a result of his personal life and marriage crumbling, as well as the multitude of back surgeries/injuries that would have cropped up regardless of what he was doing training-wise? I don't know how this is still a thing. I mean, he was still looking pretty jacked when he won the Masters like, 4 months ago...
Can too much lifting cause injuries? Its clear his body broke down and that can be because of his swing, all the lifting and all the golf he played. He got wore down and thus you get injured.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app

He also had a pretty serious back procedure, and many clinicians are fond of saying the best way of ensuring future back surgeries is getting the first back surgery. I'm not sure if there was any correllation between his lifting and his back procedure, but my money is on the spinal fusions having the most sway in hampering his swing, not his (relatively) boulder shoulders.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#327 » by snoopdogg88 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Obviously his personal life played a big role in his mental game, but his back/body pretty clearly started deteriorating and was the main culprit. That’s not really disputable. It’s just fact that he’s had major back issues as he’s gotten older
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#328 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:31 pm

ESPN Predictions

Giannis is the top pick for MVP. 88% think he signs a max extension next summer. Bucks are second on the Championship poll behind the Clips. Bucks Predicted to have the best record in the NBA.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#329 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Sign the extension yes, I think that's going to happen, tough to win back to back MVP's. Certainly possible.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#330 » by truly » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Sign the extension yes, I think that's going to happen, tough to win back to back MVP's. Certainly possible.

If Bud actually lets him play more minutes it is very possible.But i doubt it so he will have to improve his numbers to do it.Who knows maybe he can do it yet again.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#331 » by Nightfall » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:06 pm

ESPN: NBA preseason predictions: Our experts' picks for 2019-20

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27426015/nba-preseason-predictions-our-experts-picks-2019-20

TL;DR ?

Will Giannis sign a supermax extension with the Bucks? YES: 87.9%

Who will win NBA MVP? 1. Giannis 90PTS , 2. S.Curry 63PTS , 3. LBJ 34PTS ....

Who will win the NBA title? 1. LA Clippers: 117 points , 2. Milwaukee Bucks: 85 points , 3. Philadelphia 76ers: 38 points

Standings EAST : 1. Milwaukee Bucks: 57-25
Standings WEST : 1. Denver Nuggets: 54-28, LA Clippers: 54-28
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,861

Post#332 » by jschligs » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:40 pm

I think I might be the only person on this board who will be cheering against the Clippers and for the Lakers.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#333 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:24 pm

jschligs wrote:I think I might be the only person on this board who will be cheering against the Clippers and for the Lakers.

I mean, I know I want no part of the Clips in the Finals.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,285

Post#334 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:46 pm

I think both teams are going to fun to watch ...
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#335 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 pm

I'm going to enjoy watching them play one another, for sure.

But in the end, to be the man, you've got to BEAT the man. I'll take the Clips or the Lakers so Giannis can earn that crown.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#336 » by emunney » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I'm going to enjoy watching them play one another, for sure.

But in the end, to be the man, you've got to BEAT the man. I'll take the Clips or the Lakers so Giannis can earn that crown.

Little known fact that if somebody else beats the man, or the man just like falls down the stairs the night before and can't make it, and then you beat whoever is standing in the man's former place, you're still the man!

But I'll gladly take a crack at either Kawhi or LeBron. May have to beat them both over several years to unite the belts.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#337 » by MVP2110 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,716

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transact - Joe Johnson to work out for Bucks 

Post#339 » by tydett » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:16 pm

You guys, if we're not careful, PP is gonna figure out we're living in his dream and wake up.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transact - Joe Johnson to work out for Bucks 

Post#340 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:27 pm

This team is pp's wet dream in 2010.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks