ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1901 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Interestingly enough.. when Caris played 30+ minutes last year, his averages were...

20.6 PPG
4.75 RBG
5 APG
48.6% FG%
36.7% 3FG%

I fully expect a solid season from LeVert as long as he remains healthy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#1902 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I can't post of the GB cause I'm board banned there lol, but I mainly agree with Prok's take. I'm thinking his ceiling is probably 17/4/5 this year, but he has a good chance to hit it. More likely is probably something like 16/4/4.

How are you banned on the GB and I'm not? :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, idk. I got banned on some weaksauce probably 5 years ago if not longer. Tsherkin had a real personal problem with me.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1903 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:59 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Interestingly enough.. when Caris played 30+ minutes last year, his averages were...

20.6 PPG
4.75 RBG
5 APG
48.6% FG%
36.7% 3FG%

How many games is the sample size?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#1904 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:37 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:

20.6 PPG
4.75 RBG
5 APG
48.6% FG%
36.7% 3FG%

12/40
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1905 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

20.6 PPG
4.75 RBG
5 APG
48.6% FG%
36.7% 3FG%

12/40

12 games at 40 mpg?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#1906 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:How many games is the sample size?

12/40

12 games at 40 mpg?

12 out of the 40 games he played last year or 30% of the time.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#1907 » by Papi_swav » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:18 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I can't post of the GB cause I'm board banned there lol, but I mainly agree with Prok's take. I'm thinking his ceiling is probably 17/4/5 this year, but he has a good chance to hit it. More likely is probably something like 16/4/4.

Lol, idk. I got banned on some weaksauce probably 5 years ago if not longer. Tsherkin had a real personal problem with me.

bro i got banned because I said Sucktics ... those mods over there are way too sensitive , but they were nowhere to be found when the Sucktics was ripping us Nets fans a new one.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1908 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

bro i got banned because I said Sucktics ... those mods over there are way too sensitive , but they were nowhere to be found when the Sucktics was ripping us Nets fans a new one.

they got me for posting direct quotes from players and staff.

they are so triggered
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#1909 » by Papi_swav » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Lol, idk. I got banned on some weaksauce probably 5 years ago if not longer. Tsherkin had a real personal problem with me.

they are so triggered

lol bro I can't stand them, those guys always in their feelings but then they want to talk down on you.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1910 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:bro i got banned because I said Sucktics ... those mods over there are way too sensitive , but they were nowhere to be found when the Sucktics was ripping us Nets fans a new one.

they are so triggered

lol bro I can't stand them, those guys always in their feelings but then they want to talk down on you.

its sad because its not even hindsight. i told them last offseason the deal

0.0% chance kyrie is back
the celtics will be worse despite adding kyrie/gordon to a ECF team because too many inflated egos and not enough balls

they dont want to listen. not then, not now. that team is going to implode if ainge doesnt deal brown
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#1911 » by gigantes » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:59 am

Prokorov wrote:they got me for posting direct quotes from players and staff.

they are so triggered

IIRC they also have one of the most embarrassingly homerish jackasses in all of sports, installed right in the announcing booth for decades.

It's not often when a dazed & confused Marv Albert would be a major upgrade over the local guy, but man...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1912 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 am

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:they got me for posting direct quotes from players and staff.

they are so triggered

IIRC they also have one of the most embarrassingly homerish jackasses in all of sports, installed right in the announcing booth for decades.

It's not often when a dazed & confused Marv Albert would be a major upgrade over the local guy, but man...

Tommy Heinsohn gets a pass as an NJ native all time great and while he is an enormous homer he is a cool funny guy and everypone acknowledges it and tommy owns it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Post#1913 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:43 am

Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

See I called that **** out, I stated that people were on the GB talking hella **** about the Nets but only when Net fans respond is it an issue. The hypocrisy was blatant.

I don't know if it helped but, I mean I didn't get banned.

yet :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#1914 » by Papi_swav » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Lol, idk. I got banned on some weaksauce probably 5 years ago if not longer. Tsherkin had a real personal problem with me.

See I called that **** out, I stated that people were on the GB talking hella **** about the Nets but only when Net fans respond is it an issue. The hypocrisy was blatant.

I don't know if it helped but, I mean I didn't get banned.

yet :lol:

SMH it' cool though because we will have the last laugh, Celtics are about to drown :nod: Karma is a b****.
enko
Junior
And1: 201

Post#1915 » by enko » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:44 am

Levert is student of the game. With Kyrie as his teammate, I expect Levert to learn some new things that will further elevate Levert's game.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#1916 » by gigantes » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:IIRC they also have one of the most embarrassingly homerish jackasses in all of sports, installed right in the announcing booth for decades.

Tommy Heinsohn gets a pass as an NJ native all time great and while he is an enormous homer he is a cool funny guy and everypone acknowledges it and tommy owns it.

Wow, first time I've ever heard a non-Celtics fan defend the guy. But I guess there had to be a first time.

I suppose maybe if I listened to Heinsohn long enough, I might learn to appreciate him more. Though... not much danger of that, given the usual streaming options.

One thing I really like about the Nets announcers is their high degree of fairness towards the other side. Because I tend to prefer reality, not whatever make's me feel better.
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#1917 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:23 am

His teammates at Michigan didn’t call Caris LeVert “Baby Durant” for nothing. When healthy, LeVert could dominate with his shooting, driving, defense, etc. ... just like Kevin, only a few inches shorter.

There was something else. Like KD —who eventually became a good friend— LeVert had the desire to be great and the confidence to get there. If only his body would let him. Now, after being the best player in the Nets visit to the playoffs, LeVert tells Michael Lee of The Athletic he’s ready.

“I’ve always felt like I was that guy,” LeVert told Lee. “I’m at the point where now I feel I can control how good I can be. I’m going to push myself every single day and see where that ceiling is. I don’t know where it is. I don’t like to put limits on myself.”

And as Lee notes, LeVert wants the spotlight and is looking forward to the Nets nationally televised games, of which there are 20 this season.

“I love big games. I love playing on TV, playing in big environments. I thrive in those environments,” LeVert said. “I felt like last year we were a good team but people didn’t really see it. Because we weren’t really on TV that much and people didn’t really watch the Nets like that. This year, with obviously KD, Kyrie and DeAndre [Jordan], I feel like naturally, we’ll get more attention as a team. I’m super competitive, so I love being my best when my best is needed.”

The Nets offense if made for LeVert with his many skills. Now, he’ll have even more freedom with KD out. KD, by the way, has promised to share some “gems” with LeVert, Lee writes. LeVert admits that he’s been studying his new teammates for years.

“Those two, in particular, are guys that I’ve watched a lot and have watched for years, and tried to mimic their games a little bit,” LeVert said of Durant and Irving. “The way that they approach the game, the way that they go about things on the court, to hear praise from those guys is huge for a guy who is still getting better and developing every day.”

Along with Irving, LeVert will form the Nets backcourt, backed up by Spencer Dinwiddie and next to swingman Joe Harris. It’s an area of strength and depth for the Nets. They also have fast-developing sophomores in Dzanan Musa and Theo Pinson.

LeVert is not shy about his desire to be an All-Star. Along with team success, it’s a goal.

“That’s definitely something that I want to be. But I feel that’s just one of the things. That’s not the end all, be all. I feel like I want to do a lot more with the game. I don’t like to put limits on it. That’s a milestone but it’s not all I want to do.”

LeVert also credits the Net player who did get an All-Star berth last season, D’Angelo Russell, now with the Warriors.

“D’Angelo deserved that, absolutely. Without him, we probably don’t make the playoffs. We won’t be a sixth seed, we may not get the guys that we got [in free agency],” LeVert said. “So, he’s a huge part of this organization, who we are today.”

The Nets have LeVert for the next four years, this year at $2.6 million, then the next three at $52.6 million. Although Durant and Irving signed bigger four-year deals, both have a player option in the fourth year.

Bottom line: LeVert is the Nets future.

Caris LeVert is just beginning his ascent: ‘I feel I can control how good I can be’ - Michael Lee - The Athletic NBA

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/10/9/20906953/caris-levert-i-feel-i-can-control-how-good-i-can-be
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1918 » by kamaze » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:05 am

The sky's the limit for this young man. KDs said he'll bless him with some gems to become a more efficient player. I'm excited for his progress. Go NETS!
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#1919 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Caris is out for several weeks with a thumb ligament issue. Heal up well, CLV!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1920 » by Claud » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Caris has potential to be allstar level guard but his defense is inconsistent and offense inefficient.

I love Caris and wish him a speedy recovery but he was having a meh start of the season once you dig deeper into his stats.

Return to Brooklyn Nets