ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Interested in Andre Iguodala [MERGED]

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Andre Iguodala Joining the Clippers (latest rumblings) 

Post#21 » by 50CalClips » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:52 pm

*RUMOR as of this post*

Image Image

According to a recent rumor by ClipCast, former NBA Finals MVP Andre Iguodala will be joining the LA Clippers in the next week.

https://clipperholics.com/2019/08/29/la-clippers-rumors-andre-iguodala-join-team/
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Re: Andre Iguodala Joining the Clippers 

Post#22 » by nickhx2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:06 pm

should change thread title
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Not Exactly Holding My Breath 

Post#23 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm

For all the so-called scoops these guys have supposedly broken, they've been notably wrong as well. Plus, the Clippers are already known to be interested in Iguodala. We have a another thread dedicated to that.

Clippers Actively Pursuing Iguodala

Supposedly, this will happen next week (Sept. 3rd), so we'll see if this is actually a legit scoop or someone having fun with the guys. The claim is that the source of this rumor is supposedly close to Andre Iguodala himself.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
50CalClips
Rookie

Re: Andre Iguodala Joining the Clippers (rumor) 

Post#24 » by 50CalClips » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:55 pm

2018-19 (age 35)
Regular Season -- 23.2 mins -- 5.7 pts - 3.7 reb - 3.2 ast - 0.9 stl - 0.8 blk (.579 eFG, +15 NetRating)
Post Season -- 30.0 mins -- 9.8 pts - 4.3 reb - 4.0 ast - 1.1 stl - 1.1 blk (.578 eFG, +8 NetRating)

Post Season: Ranked 4th/5th on the Warriors in WinShare (1.5)
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#25 » by mkwest » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:12 pm

If he's bought out, cool. If not, then I'd rather not trade for him.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,046

A Re-Direct 

Post#26 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:30 pm

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Iggy's Best Plays as Warrior According to Bleacher Report 

Post#27 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:09 am

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#28 » by 50CalClips » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 pm

mkwest wrote:If he's bought out, cool. If not, then I'd rather not trade for him.

That's how you feel now. If/when it happens you'll have a different tune.
Of course it all depends on who they trade, but I trust that they'll be prudent about it.
50CalClips
Rookie

Re: Clippers Actively Pursuing Iguodala 

Post#29 » by 50CalClips » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Guardian wrote:
RonMexico915 wrote:Pass. Not worth trading for IMO. I like the roster we have right now. Maybe later in the season, things come up, but I could go without him.

Agreed, doesn’t feel like he’d provide much value in the regular season anyways.
playaloc916 wrote:I also don't think he's worth trading for. I think the priority right now is a playmaking guard. Bev is a 3&D type guard, and Lou, while a decent facilitator, he's there for his offense. We need a guy whose main strength is running an offense... A younger Teodosic-type player would be perfect... Can we just look up whoever lead the G-League in assists last year and sign him??? :lol:

It depends on WHO it is you're trading... no?

Grabbing up Iguogala would be a play for the Post Season, no doubt. But what of it? We can "afford it" so to speak. It's better to have him, save em for the playoffs, rather than risk someone else pick him up.

Clippers 2018-19 in ASSIST PERCENTAGE:
- Before trade(s) = 56.1, would-be 24th in the NBA
- After trade(s) = 62.4, would-be 8th in the NBA
(before trade = two-thirds of the season (55 games), after trade = one-third of the season (26 games))

Warriors were 1st... Nuggets, 2nd... 76ers, 3rd...
Rockets were 28th... Cavs, 29th... Knicks, 30th
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#30 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:00 pm

50CalClips wrote:
mkwest wrote:If he's bought out, cool. If not, then I'd rather not trade for him.

Of course it all depends on who they trade, but I trust that they'll be prudent about it.

Iggy's making $17M. You have to match salaries. You'd almost certainly have to include Harkless @ $11M.

JaMychael and McGruder make $4M each but as newly-signed FAs, you can't even trade them until January 15.

The only other salaries with enough heft are

Lou $8M
Trezz $6M
Zubac $6M

and why would we want to trade any of them? The only other real spare-part trade bait we have is Jerome Robinson at $3M. And yes, Harkless and Robinson for Iggy works.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7235508

You might think the Clips signed Patterson with dealing Harkless somewhere in mind, since it's a redundant move otherwise. If we have an offer on the table, I don't really see any other combination that really works for us. And would the Grizz even want Moe? Miami gave us a FRP just to take him off their hands. We really can't dig any deeper into our future FRPs, especially for a marginal acquisition. Does Jerome sweeten the pot enough? Maybe.

But the Grizz are in no hurry and can afford to wait on the market a bit.

Meanwhile, keep in mind the rumor originates from a single C-level source called ClipCast, which is a semi-professional podcast. Nothing from A-Teamers like Woj and Ramona.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Re: Andre Iguodala Joining the Clippers (latest rumblings) 

Post#31 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:43 pm

grizz will be asking a lot and we don't have enough assets to trade without hurting ourselves a lot.

additionally, iggy's been on the decline for a while now. it just doesn't make enough sense to make a trade for him atm.
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Re: Andre Iguodala Joining the Clippers (latest rumblings) 

Post#32 » by Young Sterling » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:48 pm

I would love to see Iggy join the clips, not even because I think we need him at this point (our team is deep af with all these wings), but just to see and read Laker fans' reactions. They've probably been one of the more entertaining things about this offseason.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#33 » by 50CalClips » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 pm

esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:

Iggy's making $17M. You have to match salaries. You'd almost certainly have to include Harkless @ $11M.

JaMychael and McGruder make $4M each but as newly-signed FAs, you can't even trade them until January 15.

Lou $8M
Trezz $6M
Zubac $6M
and why would we want to trade any of them? The only other real spare-part trade bait we have is Jerome Robinson at $3M. And yes, Harkless and Robinson for Iggy works.

You might think the Clips signed Patterson with dealing Harkless somewhere in mind, since it's a redundant move otherwise. If we have an offer on the table, I don't really see any other combination that really works for us. And would the Grizz even want Moe? Miami gave us a FRP just to take him off their hands. We really can't dig any deeper into our future FRPs, especially for a marginal acquisition. Does Jerome sweeten the pot enough? Maybe. But the Grizz are in no hurry and can afford to wait on the market a bit.

Meanwhile, keep in mind the rumor originates from a single C-level source called ClipCast, which is a semi-professional podcast. Nothing from A-Teamers like Woj and Ramona.

"ClipCast" is a great Clippers Podcast; the most fun/funny.

Chris Wylde, the host of "ClipCast," is more like one of "us", he's a fan who happens to have media credentials. He's not a journalist, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have sources (he's friendly with Clippers staffers, players). I believe he heard something credible.

As for the trade scenario... Mo Harkless essentially fell in our lap, and didnt we send Miami or Portland "cash" as part of the trade to make things work? Is it not allowed to make a trade along with a partial buy-out? If not, is there no scenario were a 3rd team helps facilitate the trade? If Harkless + Jerome works, so be it. Lawrence Frank could get it done.

Harkless could serve us well. But if they're pursuing Iguodala at this point, it's because Kawhi wants him, or at least has signed-off on it. If Kawhi's down with it, I'm down with it.

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#34 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:23 pm

50CalClips wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:

Lou $8M
Trezz $6M
Zubac $6M

You might think the Clips signed Patterson with dealing Harkless somewhere in mind, since it's a redundant move otherwise. If we have an offer on the table, I don't really see any other combination that really works for us. And would the Grizz even want Moe? Miami gave us a FRP just to take him off their hands. We really can't dig any deeper into our future FRPs, especially for a marginal acquisition. Does Jerome sweeten the pot enough? Maybe. But the Grizz are in no hurry and can afford to wait on the market a bit.

"ClipCast" is a great Clippers Podcast; the most fun/funny.

Chris Wylde, the host of "ClipCast," is more like one of "us", he's a fan who happens to have media credentials. He's not a journalist, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have sources (he's friendly with Clippers staffers, players). I believe he heard something credible.

As for the trade scenario... Mo Harkless essentially fell in our lap, and didnt we send Miami or Portland "cash" as part of the trade to make things work? Is it not allowed to make a trade along with a partial buy-out? If not, is there no scenario were a 3rd team helps facilitate the trade? If Harkless + Jerome works, so be it. Lawrence Frank could get it done.

Harkless could serve us well. But if they're pursuing Iguodala at this point, it's because Kawhi wants him, or at least has signed-off on it. If Kawhi's down with it, I'm down with it.

I'm not saying Chris Wylde is making stuff up, but echoes of echoes of echoes are unreliable, as we saw in the Kawhi thing.

If there is an offer on the table, it must include Harkless for salary ballast and pretty much Jerome too, for salary and value reasons. I suppose we could shoot cash to the Grizz to buy Harkless out, if they don't want him. But can they do better than just Jerome for Iggy?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Re that last one, buying out $17M isn't so easy. And why should Iggy settle for pennies on the dollar? In the least, he should wait for spring, when he's collected most of the dough, one reason why buyouts happen late rather than early. If he's collected $8 or 9 million already, taking $5M to buy out the rest isn't such a big blow.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Clippers Interested in Andre Iguodala [MERGED] 

Post#35 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 2, 2019 10:18 pm

Rumor is picking up steam
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#36 » by mkwest » Tue Sep 3, 2019 1:30 am

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#37 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:28 am

Should know in 24 hours
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#38 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:54 am

TheNewEra wrote:Rumor is picking up steam

I do not know what that means

Read on Twitter
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,046

One More Thing 

Post#39 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:56 am

By sending two players for one, Clippers get an open roster spot. Do they get a player from the Grizzlies, does it get upgraded to a three-team deal (keeping in mind Iguodala cannot be traded in a package), or do they clear a roster spot for one of the training camp invitees?

For me, personally, I would have loved to see the Clippers trade for Yuta Watanabe, a forward that has shades of Joe Ingles (play the point), a player who Doc recklessly cut, a mistake that Jerry West can fix in an instant. Yeah, they'll have TWELVE potential forwards, but as we've learned lately, tis better to pretend to be a point guard than it is to pretend to be a small forward.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#40 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:54 pm

Sooo

Return to Los Angeles Clippers