ImageImage

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#621 » by BuckHole » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 pm

ackypoo wrote:finally set up a pc running plex. i remote into it with my chromebook and download stuff. its continually connected through luxembourg. runs to every tv in my house w/ a roku or the samsung smart tv. plex is insanely easy. 9/10.

I recommend sharing library’s with other users. I have a few “friends” I found on Reddit sharing (free) with me massive movie and tv collections.
Also, plugins have been removed from the official app but exist under unofficial proxy app.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#622 » by BuckHole » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:59 am

BuckHole wrote:
ackypoo wrote:finally set up a pc running plex. i remote into it with my chromebook and download stuff. its continually connected through luxembourg. runs to every tv in my house w/ a roku or the samsung smart tv. plex is insanely easy. 9/10.

I recommend sharing library’s with other users. I have a few “friends,” I found on Reddit, sharing (free) massive movie and tv collections with me.
Also, plugins have been removed from the official app but exist under unofficial proxy app.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#623 » by smauss » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 pm

So with the Sling & Fox Sports debacle, I'm going to give Youtube TV a try. Seems like most here are quite satisfied with it. My son is as well.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#624 » by talbert » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:02 pm

smauss wrote:So with the Sling & Fox Sports debacle, I'm going to give Youtube TV a try. Seems like most here are quite satisfied with it. My son is as well.

I have YouTube TV and it works well. I just wish there was ever something on to watch. Once you factor in the price of internet, it's the same price as it would be to just have cable. And cable would come with more channels.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,556

Post#625 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:09 pm

talbert wrote:
smauss wrote:So with the Sling & Fox Sports debacle, I'm going to give Youtube TV a try. Seems like most here are quite satisfied with it. My son is as well.

I have YouTube TV and it works well. I just wish there was ever something on to watch. Once you factor in the price of internet, it's the same price as it would be to just have cable. And cable would come with more channels.

That's where I'm at with cable as well. I still have mine because it still would be the same price if keeping the internet and then getting Hulu or YoutubeTV. Unfortunately, now that every company is making their own streaming service, I'm gonna end up spending more in the long run. So far I've got Netflix, Amazon Prime, DC Universe and that's after I already cut HBO GO and Hulu. I'll probably also be getting Disney+
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#626 » by talbert » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
talbert wrote:

That's where I'm at with cable as well. I still have mine because it still would be the same price if keeping the internet and then getting Hulu or YoutubeTV. Unfortunately, now that every company is making their own streaming service, I'm gonna end up spending more in the long run. So far I've got Netflix, Amazon Prime, DC Universe and that's after I already cut HBO GO and Hulu. I'll probably also be getting Disney+

I don't think it's ever going to happen, but I envision a world where you pay a base price and you get to pick say 10 channels, a la carte style. Maybe some channels come at a premium, I don't know. Then additional channels are like $3 extra per month.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#627 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:47 am

Uverse no longer has NFLN and Red Zone and from my understanding they won't have them going forward. This is unacceptable to me, I watch them both a lot.

I'm on an incredibly cheap deal and want to stay.

It's my understanding that Sling has both of those channels in their $25 package? True? I'd pay that during football to get those 2 channels.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#628 » by LittleRooster » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Uverse no longer has NFLN and Red Zone and from my understanding they won't have them going forward. This is unacceptable to me, I watch them both a lot.

It's my understanding that Sling has both of those channels in their $25 package? True? I'd pay that during football to get those 2 channels.

They do have those channels in that package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#629 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:21 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Uverse no longer has NFLN and Red Zone and from my understanding they won't have them going forward. This is unacceptable to me, I watch them both a lot.

Sling doesn't have fox sports wi at the moment
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#630 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:33 am

I plan to keep UV and just add Sling during football. My UV deal is too good to dump.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,714

Post#631 » by emunney » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:41 am

Matches Malone wrote:
talbert wrote:

Rotate.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#632 » by vegaspacker » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:45 am

Looks like I may need to pick up League Pass this season here in Vegas. If anyone has other options please give me the 411. They haven't released the price points or package options. I haven't had LP since I cut the cord a few years ago. It seems the alternative stream options will no longer be available.

I really like arena feeds, so I might have to take the premium route. Not being local probably means upwards of $40+ a month.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#633 » by smauss » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:18 pm

Update - I really like Youtube TV. I like the user interface (which Google is good at) Still getting used to things, upgraded my Roku (had to). So far so good!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#634 » by smauss » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:20 pm

BTW, thanks to you all for your help!

simul justus et peccator
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#635 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:06 pm

smauss wrote:Update - I really like Youtube TV. I like the user interface (which Google is good at) Still getting used to things, upgraded my Roku (had to). So far so good!

FSWI? Local channels? NFLN and Red Zone?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#636 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:04 pm

My DirecTV loyalty deal is about up and I've heard they haven't been giving as great of deals when threaten to cancel. I just feel the cord cutting options are slowly creeping up in price and also facing same issues of disputes with channels. Ideally would just like to stay with DirecTV.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#637 » by awd4cy » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:21 pm

I dropped dish a month ago and have YouTube tv steaming through my rokou ultra. It’s worked great and I save close to $90 a month now. I mainly care about sports and it has everything I need with that. It’s nice that I will be able to run NBA league pass through there as well.
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#638 » by smauss » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:28 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
smauss wrote:Update - I really like Youtube TV. I like the user interface (which Google is good at) Still getting used to things, upgraded my Roku (had to). So far so good!

FSWI? Local channels? NFLN and Red Zone?

FSWI, Local Channels, ESPN, NBA TV = Yup
No NFL Network (Maybe you can purchase extra but I don't care about NFL stuff)

simul justus et peccator
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#639 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:59 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:My DirecTV loyalty deal is about up and I've heard they haven't been giving as great of deals when threaten to cancel. I just feel the cord cutting options are slowly creeping up in price and also facing same issues of disputes with channels. Ideally would just like to stay with DirecTV.

The last two times my UV contract has come up I do an online chat. I would have been happy keeping my current deal but they have always gone lower. I start out with "I've been a customer for x years and love the service but your competitors are offering some great deals. I don't really want to switch but I will if I have to..."
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#640 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:My DirecTV loyalty deal is about up and I've heard they haven't been giving as great of deals when threaten to cancel. I just feel the cord cutting options are slowly creeping up in price and also facing same issues of disputes with channels. Ideally would just like to stay with DirecTV.

The last two times my UV contract has come up I do an online chat. I would have been happy keeping my current deal but they have always gone lower. I start out with "I've been a customer for x years and love the service but your competitors are offering some great deals. I don't really want to switch but I will if I have to..."

They ended up knocking $25/month for DirecTV and then doubled my internet speed for no additional cost. I took the deal as there was no contract with it. By the time I get everything we would need the savings isn't super crazy by cutting the cord. And I fear the cord cutting options will start running into more disputes and price will eventually climb.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks