ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Julius Randle 3/63M (Team Option)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Re: WOJ: Julius Randle 3/63M (Team Option) 

Post#761 » by F N 11 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:46 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Only Knick player who is above average (barely). Unfortunately, he is being paid like he is very good. Which he isn't.

Randle at that price is a steal with the option. People are just bored and lack knowledge about what solid nba players are getting paid these days. Smh
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#762 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:56 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Only Knick player who is above average (barely). Unfortunately, he is being paid like he is very good. Which he isn't.

Randle at that price is a steal with the option. People are just bored and lack knowledge about what solid nba players are getting paid these days. Smh

If he played defense he'd be worth it.

I hear tell he's going to lead the team to 30 wins. Why bother?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#763 » by F N 11 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

He’s 24 trending upward that can do it all offensively. I wish everyone we have was known for defense but that’s not the case. You can get rid of the whole team of individual defense as a strength is what you are focused in. Sometimes it has to be a team thing. Mitch being down there is a start.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#764 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:18 pm

F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Randle at that price is a steal with the option. People are just bored and lack knowledge about what solid nba players are getting paid these days. Smh

He’s 24 trending upward that can do it all offensively. I wish everyone we have was known for defense but that’s not the case. You can get rid of the whole team of individual defense as a strength is what you are focused in. Sometimes it has to be a team thing. Mitch being down there is a start.

I liked the signing but then I got convinced the team is a 30 win team. Why tie up any money at all in a guy who's leading a team to 30 wins? If the team is that bad, just pocket that money - actually, the Knicks should have taken on some bums for picks.

Instead, it's a redux of THJr, where Mills throws some cash at a 3rd scoring option to be the # 1 scoring option, to provide some eyewash on an otherwise bad team. On the plus side, there is only a 2 year commitment, so I'd take it that is Perry's influence.

I don't get the optimism of some of you. :D
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,394

Post#765 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:35 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Stop your melo delusion bruh lol

Morris is easily a more impactful player than Melo in 2019

You can’t call me delusional when i just laid down the facts for you. :lol:

I rather have Melo mentor the young guys than have Morris take away shots from our young guys but that’s just me :dontknow:

Melo not joining us anyways so it’s pointless to argue about it. But it would’ve been cool to see him back here as a mentor. Oh well

What would Melo mentor anyone on? Defense? Isolation shots?

Morris had just signed with Pop and the Spurs before we ended up signing him. Says a lot about his value in the league. To say he's overrated while hyping a guy who can't even get an unguaranteed deal because of his selfishness (and that's what it is, along with age and declining skills - not some league wide conspiracy that some will have you think) is a joke.

Support the guys we have. Melo did nothing for the franchise and we need to stop acting like he's Patrick Ewing. Support the current team and guys who will actually play hard and try to win games while playing team basketball.

Imagine defending Morris who is a ball hog and thinks he’s a good defender while trashing Melo.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,326

Post#766 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You can’t call me delusional when i just laid down the facts for you. :lol:

I rather have Melo mentor the young guys than have Morris take away shots from our young guys but that’s just me :dontknow:

Melo not joining us anyways so it’s pointless to argue about it. But it would’ve been cool to see him back here as a mentor. Oh well

Morris had just signed with Pop and the Spurs before we ended up signing him. Says a lot about his value in the league. To say he's overrated while hyping a guy who can't even get an unguaranteed deal because of his selfishness (and that's what it is, along with age and declining skills - not some league wide conspiracy that some will have you think) is a joke.

Support the guys we have. Melo did nothing for the franchise and we need to stop acting like he's Patrick Ewing. Support the current team and guys who will actually play hard and try to win games while playing team basketball.

Imagine defending Morris who is a ball hog and thinks he’s a good defender while trashing Melo.

Imagine trashing a guy who has been a key rotation player for playoff teams and was almost signed by one of the best coaches and organizations in sports while defending a career loser who never changed his style of losing play and now finds himself out of the league because he is more concerned with himself and his shots than actually trying to win games.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#767 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:08 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Imagine trashing a guy who has been a key rotation player for playoff teams and was almost signed by one of the best coaches and organizations in sports while defending a career loser who never changed his style of losing play and now finds himself out of the league because he is more concerned with himself and his shots than actually trying to win games.

Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#768 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You can’t call me delusional when i just laid down the facts for you. :lol:

Hes_On_Fire is kinda right though. Morris is coveted right now. Melo is an afterthought. If I had to stake my allegiances with one or the other, I'd run away from Melo, AND I LIKE MELO. But he is not who you should be anchored to. Morris was one of the guys that held that dysfunctional Kyrie-centered Celtics playoff team together. Spek that man! :D
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#769 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:34 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Hes_On_Fire is kinda right though. Morris is coveted right now. Melo is an afterthought. If I had to stake my allegiances with one or the other, I'd run away from Melo, AND I LIKE MELO. But he is not who you should be anchored to. Morris was one of the guys that held that dysfunctional Kyrie-centered Celtics playoff team together. Spek that man! :D

Yeah of course Melo is an afterthought now in the league. Just thought it would be cool to bring him back as a mentor (read the players tribute by Lance that I posted earlier). Not a big deal. But man I seen a lot of Boston games and Morris thinks he’s prime Melo. He freezes out everybody and ISO’s like crazy. This fan base is gonna turn on him quick.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#770 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Imagine defending Morris who is a ball hog and thinks he’s a good defender while trashing Melo.

Yeah of course Melo is an afterthought now in the league. Just thought it would be cool to bring him back as a mentor (read the players tribute by Lance that I posted earlier). Not a big deal. But man I seen a lot of Boston games and Morris thinks he’s prime Melo. He freezes out everybody and ISO’s like crazy. This fan base is gonna turn on him quick.

eh, even if that's true he's a 1 year stop gap player, you can only get so mad
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#771 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I liked the signing but then I got convinced the team is a 30 win team. Why tie up any money at all in a guy who's leading a team to 30 wins? If the team is that bad, just pocket that money - actually, the Knicks should have taken on some bums for picks.

Instead, it's a redux of THJr, where Mills throws some cash at a 3rd scoring option to be the # 1 scoring option, to provide some eyewash on an otherwise bad team. On the plus side, there is only a 2 year commitment, so I'd take it that is Perry's influence.

I know what you're doing. You're digging your heels in at the 30 win mark so you have something to get excited about when they exceed your malnourished expectations.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#772 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:52 pm

robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

eh, even if that's true he's a 1 year stop gap player, you can only get so mad

I’m not even mad about it. Just saying what I would’ve preferred to do. I rather let Knox rock as a starter instead of Morris taking his PT and ball hogging.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#773 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:He’s 24 trending upward that can do it all offensively. I wish everyone we have was known for defense but that’s not the case. You can get rid of the whole team of individual defense as a strength is what you are focused in. Sometimes it has to be a team thing. Mitch being down there is a start.

I know what you're doing. You're digging your heels in at the 30 win mark so you have something to get excited about when they exceed your malnourished expectations.

I think they'll win 40. Nearly everyone else has them at 28-35. That's a bad team. I want to understand why.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#774 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:50 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I think they'll win 40. Nearly everyone else has them at 28-35. That's a bad team. I want to understand why.

I don't need to know why. I figure it is just what comes with being perennially disappointed as a fanbase.

But I don't think anyone should act surprised if this is a .500 or better team. There is no dominant team in the East and a few good ones, that's about it. I know you're using bizarro logic to point out how upgraded this roster is across the board, but it should be obvious we can consistently put competitive units on the floor any time now.

Perhaps this will help people understand you better:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ABizarro#Linguistics
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#775 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:09 pm

I’m hype
Read on Twitter
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#776 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:43 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I don't need to know why. I figure it is just what comes with being perennially disappointed as a fanbase.

But I don't think anyone should act surprised if this is a .500 or better team. There is no dominant team in the East and a few good ones, that's about it. I know you're using bizarro logic to point out how upgraded this roster is across the board, but it should be obvious we can consistently put competitive units on the floor any time now.

Perhaps this will help people understand you better:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ABizarro#Linguistics

Yup. You know my game. I'll stop for now. But I see a bunch of players who should be league average, at least Randle somewhat better, and DSJr poised to take a step. Granted Knox is a below average player, but he doesn't NEED to play 30 mpg now. And while "even Lebron" didn't lead Cleveland to more than 35 wins or whatever, as a rookie, RJ should be a decent rotational player. Again, if he's not that great (which is fine for a rookie) - the Knicks have some options, granted not awesome, but decent enough, at SG, with Trier, Dotson and Ellington able to spot RJ through some tough times.

I dunno. With decent coaching, I see a .500 club. I'm not hyping them as anything more, just I don't see them as bad, and 32-35 wins is kind of bad. I think a good coach could get the right balance and effort to see .500
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#777 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:44 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I’m hype
Read on Twitter

The Instagram Era is in full swing now

Good vibe though. Would not be surprised if he is a top 10 scorer this season
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#778 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:51 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he can be a 25 PPG scorer this year.

His numbers post all star break is very encouraging. 24.7 PPG 7.6 rebounds 3.5 assists. The biggest question for him this season is if those numbers will translate into wins. Hopefully it does.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#779 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:13 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he can be a 25 PPG scorer this year.

His numbers post all star break is very encouraging. 24.7 PPG 7.6 rebounds 3.5 assists. The biggest question for him this season is if those numbers will translate into wins. Hopefully it does.

His efficiency is good enough and he averages around 3 assists per game so as long as he makes good decisions he can rack up some win shares.

It is mostly about how the players mesh more than a 5 point differential in his scoring average though. If the players who are considered to be high usage show they are willing to play team oriented ball that's what will lead to more wins.

What I don't want to see is teammates standing around watching Randle and Smith freestyling. And that will fall on Fiz. If he gets everyone to keep moving off the ball then I'd expect the scorers to draw enough double coverage to find the open man.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,530

Post#780 » by Fat Kat » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Let’s get this man to the damn Allstar game.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks