ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Booker make the all-star team this year?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 77

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 53 more days til season opener! 

Post#41 » by sunsbg » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:32 am

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Against Angola?

The level of competition in the tournament is really low except for a few good teams.

You don't agree with the bolded part or what ? I don't see how it contradicts with your reply.

All these games during the summer means so little IMO. The competition is really low, so I am not impressed by the good play from Bogdanovic or any other solid NBA player in the tournament. It is a must for them.

Obviously I prefer him over Chriss, that was a terrible trade, but we are not talking about an All Star or something like that...he is the sixth man on a non playoff team.

Then I guess you are not impressed by Mikal either, who as you know played on one of the worst teams last season, was no where to be found on the Select team during the scrimmages, and I can't imagine as a leader of Serbia team, which Bogdan has been for some time.

Will he become an All-star ? I don't think so, but I think the chance for Mikal is even smaller and he's still loved by many.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#42 » by Saberestar » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:52 am

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
You don't agree with the bolded part or what ? I don't see how it contradicts with your reply.

All these games during the summer means so little IMO. The competition is really low, so I am not impressed by the good play from Bogdanovic or any other solid NBA player in the tournament. It is a must for them.

Obviously I prefer him over Chriss, that was a terrible trade, but we are not talking about an All Star or something like that...he is the sixth man on a non playoff team.

Then I guess you are not impressed by Mikal either, who as you know played on one of the worst teams last season, was no where to be found on the Select team during the scrimmages, and I can't imagine as a leader of Serbia team, which Bogdan has been for some time.

Will he become an All-star ? I don't think so, but I think the chance for Mikal is even smaller and he's still loved by many.

Well...different type of players, but Mikal is four years younger and way better defensively. I think that Mikal will be the better overall player in his prime.

He just needs to get stronger and improve a bit on offense to be considered an starting two-way player that you can put in front of the opponent's best perimeter scorer every game.
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Post#43 » by In2ition » Sun Sep 1, 2019 3:09 pm

Mikal needs to get his 3 pt shooting back. He did play during the scrimmage, but honestly they stayed away from him on the defensive end. When they did go at him, he got stops. I like Bogdan and wish they kept him, but still think Mikal has a better chance to become a star.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#44 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:28 pm

In2ition wrote:Mikal needs to get his 3 pt shooting back. He did play during the scrimmage, but honestly they stayed away from him on the defensive end. When they did go at him, he got stops. I like Bogdan and wish they kept him, but still think Mikal has a better chance to become a star.

I think it will improve quite a bit with a solid PG and more offensive threats, but he was still the best 3 pt shooter last year of the returning players from last year's team.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#45 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:29 pm

I just noticed our logo changed on here. I had heard they were updating some. Not sure when it happened, but this one is much better than that last one they used.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Post#46 » by King4Day » Mon Sep 2, 2019 12:46 am

bwgood77 wrote:I just noticed our logo changed on here. I had heard they were updating some. Not sure when it happened, but this one is much better than that last one they used.

The 'S' logo era was the worst in Suns history. Glad it's gone from here too
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#47 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 4:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:I just noticed our logo changed on here. I had heard they were updating some. Not sure when it happened, but this one is much better than that last one they used.

Do you have pictures of the new logo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:10 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:

It's not new, but the newer one shown here under people's profile name (if they pick the Suns as their favorite team). So you can see it by looking under my (or many others') username(s).
alamin330
Pro Prospect
And1: 497

Post#49 » by alamin330 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 3:10 pm

Brandon Clarke looks to be like Antonio Davis.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#50 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Sep 2, 2019 8:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

It's not new, but the newer one shown here under people's profile name (if they pick the Suns as their favorite team). So you can see it by looking under my (or many others') username(s).

Still shows the stupid 'S' logo for me. Probably need to clear my cache probably. But I'm lazy.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#51 » by cberry78 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 9:42 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

Still shows the stupid 'S' logo for me. Probably need to clear my cache probably. But I'm lazy.

Just hit CTRL + F5 and it'll force the page to pull new info and overwrite your cache. It worked for me, I was still seeing the "S" logo until I did it.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#52 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Sep 2, 2019 9:46 pm

cberry78 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Just hit CTRL + F5 and it'll force the page to pull new info and overwrite your cache. It worked for me, I was still seeing the "S" logo until I did it.

Ended up clearing my cache and it's the new one now.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#53 » by Wilber85 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 10:15 pm

Just wanted to come here and say

I am glad TJ Warren is gone ! Dudes trash

Have a good Labor Day!
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#54 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Sep 2, 2019 11:40 pm

Dunc'd On Podcast gave us an F and F- from LeRoux and Duncan. In explaining themselves, I thought they sounded like idiots. They didn't even mention Saric, except as an object that takes up cap room. They said they couldn't see the point of the Rubio acquisition; said we should have gone after Delon Wright instead. Said we should put the ball in Booker's hands all day, so why add a guy who needs the ball? Sounded like we would have gotten at least a C from Duncan had we just selected Coby White: this, they said, would have obviated the need for a starting PG like Rubio.

Near the end they mentioned the statistical model estimating we win around 35 next season -- they said they couldn't see the point in that, either, since we'd only be damaging the value of future FRP's.

It really sounded like the only way for the Suns to have had a successful offseason in their eyes was to jump back into the tank. To hear them describe our situation, we should dump Booker for FRPs and rebuild the franchise through the draft from scratch (and Coby White).

Our boys sure have a lot of haters. Please let this be the year the naysayers eat it.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#55 » by TASTIC » Tue Sep 3, 2019 12:53 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Dunc'd On Podcast gave us an F and F- from LeRoux and Duncan. In explaining themselves, I thought they sounded like idiots. They didn't even mention Saric, except as an object that takes up cap room. They said they couldn't see the point of the Rubio acquisition; said we should have gone after Delon Wright instead. Said we should put the ball in Booker's hands all day, so why add a guy who needs the ball? Sounded like we would have gotten at least a C from Duncan had we just selected Coby White: this, they said, would have obviated the need for a starting PG like Rubio.

Near the end they mentioned the statistical model estimating we win around 35 next season -- they said they couldn't see the point in that, either, since we'd only be damaging the value of future FRP's.

It really sounded like the only way for the Suns to have had a successful offseason in their eyes was to jump back into the tank. To hear them describe our situation, we should dump Booker for FRPs and rebuild the franchise through the draft from scratch (and Coby White).

Our boys sure have a lot of haters. Please let this be the year the naysayers eat it.

Those two and Andrew Sharpe/Ben Golliver seem to HATE the Suns.

I can't handle the arrogance and holier than thou attitude LeRoux and Duncan have in their pods. At least Sharpe and Golliver are funny, listening to the other two is like going to a lecture and they're reading the textbook you have to learn...
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#56 » by Crives » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:00 am

TASTIC wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Dunc'd On Podcast gave us an F and F- from LeRoux and Duncan. In explaining themselves, I thought they sounded like idiots. They didn't even mention Saric, except as an object that takes up cap room. They said they couldn't see the point of the Rubio acquisition; said we should have gone after Delon Wright instead. Said we should put the ball in Booker's hands all day, so why add a guy who needs the ball? Sounded like we would have gotten at least a C from Duncan had we just selected Coby White: this, they said, would have obviated the need for a starting PG like Rubio.

I can't handle the arrogance and holier than thou attitude LeRoux and Duncan have in their pods. At least Sharpe and Golliver are funny, listening to the other two is like going to a lecture and they're reading the textbook you have to learn...

What was really funny was LeRoux mentioned on the realgm podcast that he wouldn’t be surprised if the suns would improve to mid 30s this year. (This was right before duncd on review).

I guess a 16 win improvement equates to an F-. Guess we got a low grade since we were supposed to be tanking this year.... lol
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Post#57 » by In2ition » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:17 am

Crives wrote:
TASTIC wrote:

What was really funny was LeRoux mentioned on the realgm podcast that he wouldn’t be surprised if the suns would improve to mid 30s this year. (This was right before duncd on review).

I guess a 16 win improvement equates to an F-. Guess we got a low grade since we were supposed to be tanking this year.... lol

The off-season grade wasn't about improvement made for the season. It was about how they did with the assets they had, and they felt they squandered them over and over.

It is always confusing how they think tanking is a better option than competing night in and night out. The comment about "What's the point of winning 35 games?" was totally dismissive of what the problems with tanking actually are.
Crives
General Manager

Post#58 » by Crives » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:11 pm

Love it
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Crives
General Manager

Post#59 » by Crives » Wed Sep 4, 2019 3:57 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not bad
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#60 » by Saberestar » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:41 pm

Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not bad

That is nice.

Return to Phoenix Suns