Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1061 » by JWizmentality » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:37 am

montestewart wrote:Image

It's cheap, it's easy.

Nah, ignore is for spammers like STD. This dude's ignorance is downright comical. :lol:
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1062 » by FAH1223 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1063 » by closg00 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 12:17 am

Whoever is running against Trump needs to be polling well outside the margin of error, if its anywhere close, I am expecting brazen assistance to Trump from the Russians and other countries (Saudis, Israel )
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1064 » by montestewart » Mon Sep 2, 2019 1:01 am

closg00 wrote:Whoever is running against Trump needs to be polling well outside the margin of error, if its anywhere close, I am expecting brazen assistance to Trump from the Russians and other countries (Saudis, Israel )

Mitch too. Don’t forget Mitch.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,674

Post#1065 » by Pointgod » Mon Sep 2, 2019 1:41 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Republicans are not even trying to hide the fact that they’re cheating. Brazenly political garbage. I’m sure the Democracy loving Republicans will be here anytime now.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#1066 » by dobrojim » Tue Sep 3, 2019 8:26 am

For 2 years -

Trump - "no collusion, no collusion, no collusion"

year 3 - "I'd do it again"

I'll also note that D1 has not responded to the list of woman Trump has assaulted,
2 of whom claim rape after asking who did he rape.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#1067 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 11:12 am

JWizmentality wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Spare me you modern day Pharisee. You don't give a damn about children. You voted for a man that walked in on naked teenage girls. You got your 12 pieces of silver.

And spare me the same, I have nothing to prove to you about how much of a heart I have for kids, my personal life & time speaks to it.

You don't hate Trump because of your BS story about teenage girl, or his asinine acts with the border. You hate him because he makes your life and business harder, you have to be more accountable and work your way to success in a Republican run country, unlike team everything free Liberal USA.

Make my life harder? Lol. All you do is speak in talking points and tired stereotypes of what you conservatives think liberals are. What are you gong to do when your boy gets booted and we unleash unfettered abortions and open the border? :devil:

Yea I'm the one talking tired stereotypes. The guy who supports a couple's right to kill their child acting like he cares about kids a few months after they're born. I guess they were born via fairy dust seeing how they weren't a child a few months prior.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1068 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 11:14 am

pancakes3 wrote:lol, what a dummy.

yet you're the one paying 12% of your taxes feeding off the blood, sweat, and tears of those who have to shell out more than twice that just in percentage, not even mentioning how much more dollar wise. But yeah I guess that does make us dumb, having to pay the way for people we don't even know.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1069 » by Pointgod » Tue Sep 3, 2019 12:49 pm

daoneandonly wrote:

yet you're the one paying 12% of your taxes feeding off the blood, sweat, and tears of those who have to shell out more than twice that just in percentage, not even mentioning how much more dollar wise. But yeah I guess that does make us dumb, having to pay the way for people we don't even know.

How much do you make and what do you pay in taxes? You spend a lot of time watching other people’s money so why don’t you make your own affairs more transparent?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#1070 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 1:55 pm

wtf is this idiot talking about? is he trying to quietly brag about how much money he makes? Mfer, this is dc. We are ALL in the top tax bracket. GTFO here with your wanna be "I'm better than you because I make more money" prosperity gospel horsecrap. We are ALL chipping in our fair share. Be a better person.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1071 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 1:56 pm

And because the exemption for city taxes was capped in the Republicans' $1.5 trillion giveaway to the wealthy, I paid $6k more in taxes last year because of Trump. Yeah screw you sideways buddy.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1072 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 1:59 pm

Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

How much do you make and what do you pay in taxes? You spend a lot of time watching other people’s money so why don’t you make your own affairs more transparent?

I dont make anything special, and there's no salary worth bragging about. But the point stands, I shouldn't have to pay an egregious amount more than others do, like the lowlife with a Z said, we all "chip in", but for some reason some have to chip in an exorbitant amount more even though they use the same, or arguably less of the services in question. Make the tax rate flat across the board, take out the loop holes and capital gain BS that favor the super rich, and the menial tax brackets that favor others.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1073 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:04 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:wtf is this idiot talking about? is he trying to quietly brag about how much money he makes? Mfer, this is dc. We are ALL in the top tax bracket. GTFO here with your wanna be "I'm better than you because I make more money" prosperity gospel horsecrap. We are ALL chipping in our fair share. Be a better person.

The most asinine thing in this post isn't even the whining or name calling, it's "fair share". Yeah its really fair for some people to be paying percentages in the mid/late twenties while others pay 12.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1074 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:25 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:wtf is this idiot talking about? is he trying to quietly brag about how much money he makes? Mfer, this is dc. We are ALL in the top tax bracket. GTFO here with your wanna be "I'm better than you because I make more money" prosperity gospel horsecrap. We are ALL chipping in our fair share. Be a better person.

The most asinine thing in this post isn't even the whining or name calling, it's "fair share". Yeah its really fair for some people to be paying percentages in the mid/late twenties while others pay 12.

Oh you're reading my posts again? Do you know that the marginal utility of wealth is higher for people who make less money? To tax people at the same percentage rate would have a disproportionate impact on the poor. It's what economists mean when they say a tax is "regressive."

More to the point, wealthy people benefit from our institutional system disproportionately and their "fair share" should be higher. Is income tax the best way to do this? No, because it provides an incentive to not earn income? You're saying we should jack up the capital gains tax to 30%? That would be even more distortionary, because you're taxing investment? Maybe a one time lump sum wealth tax would be less distortionary, but even at 10%, collecting a lump sum tax one time wouldn't even begin to put a dent in the $1.5 trillion hole that Republicans blew in our budget.

I'm not going to ask you to go read the entire 500 page history of this thread but we've been over this topic a few times. We are collecting 18% of GDP in revenue and spending 21%. We're not going to reduce spending by $900 BILLION by sending little agencies with $500 million budgets to bumfukt Kansas. Non military federal agency spending is only like $400 billion total. Taxes have to go up. The rich just got a $1.5 trillion tax break on corporate income tax, which is actually a good thing because it's double taxation. But we have to make that revenue up somehow. Unless the GOP comes up with some better ideas, all the good faith proposals on the table are a one time lump sum wealth surcharge of 10% (least distortionary but raises the least money), an annual wealth/property tax of 2-5%, or a 70% anti-billionaire tax on income and investments (which I have the most trouble with technically - would it apply to corporations?). Wealthy billionaire sociopaths put us in this position. They need to put something on the table or let AOC dominate the discussion.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1075 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:28 pm

We could do a VAT. But VATs are regressive. Although you are allowed (according to WTO rules) to not charge the VAT on exports, essentially allowing you to subsidize exports, which is what the EU does.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1076 » by Pointgod » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:57 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I dont make anything special, and there's no salary worth bragging about. But the point stands, I shouldn't have to pay an egregious amount more than others do, like the lowlife with a Z said, we all "chip in", but for some reason some have to chip in an exorbitant amount more even though they use the same, or arguably less of the services in question. Make the tax rate flat across the board, take out the loop holes and capital gain BS that favor the super rich, and the menial tax brackets that favor others.

Wait so after railing on posters here that they just want government handouts and how they just want tax other people’s money, turns out you’re probably not in the tax bracket that’s going to be the most affected? Look I’m not trying to judge anyone on what they make but there are posters in this thread that pay high taxes and are advocating for more taxes because it’s the right thing to do, despite it affecting their income. You probably take in more services than what you pay out in taxes yet you’re advocating for screwing your self over with zero net benefit to society. This is Republican pathology at its finest. I encourage you to get some more perspective on how taxes work and the net benefit to a society and come back to have an informed discussion.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,051

Post#1077 » by queridiculo » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:25 pm

Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Wait so after railing on posters here that they just want government handouts and how they just want tax other people’s money, turns out you’re probably not in the tax bracket that’s going to be the most affected? Look I’m not trying to judge anyone on what they make but there are posters in this thread that pay high taxes and are advocating for more taxes because it’s the right thing to do, despite it affecting their income. You probably take in more services than what you pay out in taxes yet you’re advocating for screwing your self over with zero net benefit to society. This is Republican pathology at its finest. I encourage you to get some more perspective on how taxes work and the net benefit to a society and come back to have an informed discussion.

There's no point in reasoning with this ass clown.

This is the same genius that went on an on about how he doesn't want to pay for other peoples healthcare and it turns out he's been a beneficiary of pooled risk in healthcare for his entire lifetime.

His infantile understanding of complex issues and intellectual laziness makes him a Dunning-Kruger poster child.

Hanlon's razor is so fitting for this character.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#1078 » by JWizmentality » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:27 pm

Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

daoneandonly loading "Baby Kiler" retort.

...standby.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1079 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:33 pm

queridiculo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

There's no point in reasoning with this ass clown.

This is the same genius that went on an on about how he doesn't want to pay for other peoples healthcare and it turns out he's been a beneficiary of pooled risk in healthcare for his entire lifetime.

His infantile understanding of complex issues and intellectual laziness makes him a Dunning-Kruger poster child.

Hanlon's razor is so fitting for this character.

Point Querdi you want to do a 3 way posting of direct deposit payslips, I'm down. I wasn't saying I'm better than anyone because of income, that's ridiculous. What i said is I have no doubt I pay more in taxes than most on the liberal left who who think people should have essentially an automatic out from paying taxes, which is what the progressive tax system is.

And I can't help my health issues, so FU for bringing it up. Many people in those lower brackets can help their situation, I've witnessed pretty much every Indian who's come to America do it, so spare me the BS that the rags to middle class dream is a fallacy. Now the people who are in dire circumstances due to things beyond their control, health, loss of a loved one/provider, etc, those are the ones that deserve assistance.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1080 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:37 pm

And so the plutocrat's propaganda strategy of getting poor people to blame other poor people for their problems succeeds again.

Return to Washington Wizards