ImageImageImageImageImage

Rui Hachimura

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#521 » by payitforward » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:28 pm

It's really great to see the kid play so well. Plus, it's really great to see this board so excited about an incoming rookie.

But, we still should have traded down: do you realize that if we'd just traded our #9 to the Hawks for their #10, just that little move, we could have wound up with an additional pick, like maybe the #60 pick, & we'd have had both Rui & Vanja Marinkovic. Which is obviously better.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#522 » by oldshoolballer » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:55 am

nate33 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:https://youtu.be/HNs2VKiqoOE

Wow. Tough play. Scoring in traffic against double- and tripleteams. Nice passing. putting a body on his man on offense and defense. And hits the Dirk one-legged fadey for that final shot That's some grown man big boy play right there.

Yeah he's going to be fun to watch. Next to Bryant. Ferocious, high energy.

What's amazing is that, if you hadn't watch his other FIBA games, you would assume that he's just a burly inside player who can only operate around the basket. The entire game he was just outmuscling everyone.

But then, if you tune into the New Zealand game or the Germany game, Rui is playing like a pure small forward, hitting pullup 3's off the bounce, step-back jumpers from 19 feet, and doing inside-out crossovers to get to the rim.

The kid has the whole package. I'm feeling real confident about him. The Wizards finally hit a home run in the draft. Rui isn't going to merely be a career starter, which would be great for a #9 pick. He is going to be a star.

I can't believe it. The wildly optimistic tank-for-a-year-and-rebuild strategy might actually work as well as the most optimistic predictions. Hachimura and Bryant may very well be above-average starters by the end of this season and Hachimura could be an All-Star in 2 or 3 years. If Troy Brown pans out to be a starting caliber player, and we tank our way to a high pick in 2020, we may already have most of our new young core in place! In 2021, the Wizards might legitimately be one of the best possible destinations for Bradley Beal.

Spot on Nate33 I'm seeing what your seeing this young man is a special talent.The fact he can get his own shot is huge.Very few players can do it with good efficiency.Rui has a high IQ he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.Wizards landed a good player already who could turn out to be a great player.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#523 » by Maf » Wed Sep 4, 2019 3:49 pm

Watching Hachimura I predict him to be an All-star in three or four years. He made really great impresion on me.

But, truth to be told, I also thought Acie Law III is gonna be great after watching couple of college games.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
payitforward
RealGM

Post#524 » by payitforward » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:44 pm

We keep putting higher & higher speed bumps on Hachimura Avenue.... If he isn't pretty good right off the bat, he's going to start hearing it from posters here....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#525 » by JWizmentality » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:41 pm

payitforward wrote:We keep putting higher & higher speed bumps on Hachimura Avenue.... If he isn't pretty good right off the bat, he's going to start hearing it from me....

fixed it for ya. :D

RuiNation for life!! :rock:
payitforward
RealGM

Post#526 » by payitforward » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:26 pm

Nah, you're off on this one -- I'm sure you remember how quickly people here turned against Bradley Beal when he didn't look so good his first few years. I wasn't one of them.

Draft is over; Rui is a Wizard, & I want him to kill it!! But, you know... it's not usually like that with rookies, b/c he's one of the few rookies actually playing ball this Summer, he's been subjected to such build-up that I worry about reactions to the usual first year bumps.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#527 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:53 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
payitforward wrote:We keep putting higher & higher speed bumps on Hachimura Avenue.... If he isn't pretty good right off the bat, he's going to start hearing it from me....

fixed it for ya. :D

RuiNation for life!! :rock:

Oo, I gotta use that on the t-shirts. Nice.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#528 » by dangermouse » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:18 am

A pair of pif posts that I agree with!

You are right, there's big expectations on his shoulders. I hope people aren't too harsh. He's hardly had a rest this off season either so its likely he won't be great straght outta the gates.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Jaekast
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#529 » by Jaekast » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:29 am

Why are we talking about Rui in the Rui thread? Shouldn't we be lamenting over the fact that we didn't draft Brandon Clarke? You guys are losing focus.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#530 » by Jaekast » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:32 am

We could have had Herro and Clarke instead we got a black samurai.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#531 » by Jaekast » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:34 am

Pif wear a Brandon Clarke jersey to every Wiz home games please. Let upper management know they fukt up. We can throw sushi at Rui as well. What a waste of a fukin pick.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#532 » by Jaekast » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:35 am

Herro & Clarke > Rui the slant eyed Mandingo warrior
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#533 » by Jaekast » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:38 am

Rename this thread to the Brandon Clarke show.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#534 » by JWizmentality » Thu Sep 5, 2019 12:59 pm

Japan looked a lot more cohesive in the runup to the tournament. Now they can't even string a couple passes together. Guard play is atrocious.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#535 » by TheBabyMaker » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:13 pm

Where can you watch these games at without paying any money. Ridiculous its not like its a blockbuster movie or some ****. I just want to see Rui
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#536 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:19 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:Where can you watch these games at without paying any money. Ridiculous its not like its a blockbuster movie or some ****. I just want to see Rui

Trust me it’s not anything worth watching. This is effectively a meaningless exhibition game for both teams, the USA is just running a practice walkthrough out there.

From what I could see Hachimura looked like he just didn’t want to get injured and had little desire to play.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#537 » by TheBabyMaker » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:26 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
TheBabyMaker wrote:Where can you watch these games at without paying any money. Ridiculous its not like its a blockbuster movie or some ****. I just want to see Rui

Trust me it’s not anything worth watching. This is effectively a meaningless exhibition game for both teams, the USA is just running a practice walkthrough out there.

From what I could see Hachimura looked like he just didn’t want to get injured and had little desire to play.

Thanks I though he would try to show out against usa, but oh well. Pre season coming soon. :)
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#538 » by JWizmentality » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:04 pm

Yea, Hachi has checked out. Seen all I wanted from him though. Let's get him back here and in camp injury free.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#539 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:28 pm

That felt like a Globetrotters vs Generals game :lol:

Rui did give the fans one highlight though. Whew, laawd

Read on Twitter
?s=21
JWizmentality
RealGM