ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1001 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 4, 2019 8:33 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Has anyone here tried OrangeTheory Fitness? I'm looking for a new gym and the concept behind OT looks intriguing - though it's hella expensive.

The only reason I haven't tried it is that I feel like I would like it and then it's super expensive. I'd be curious to hear if people think 1 or 2 sessions per week is sufficient or if you really need the unlimited subscription to take full advantage.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#1002 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Sep 4, 2019 8:54 pm

KidA24 wrote:
emunney wrote:General thoughts that don't necessarily apply to the people in this discussion:

I feel like people do marriage like people do college -- it's the next thing you do. To extend that comparison, I would treat it more like graduate school, which doesn't just admit everybody, but which demands focus and purpose from the student upon application.

Imo, the least you can do is write your own vows. Attempt to honestly articulate why you're marrying this specific person, and what it really is you believe you're promising to them. If that makes you feel too uncomfortable, I would interrogate that feeling. Take it seriously.

Back to fart jokes.

Someone once told me, "If you truly care about someone you can express why without involving yourself. Without using "I" or "me""

This is also why all the writing on “The Ringer” is so ****. Despite having talent, not a single writer there can write without putting themself in the article.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1003 » by humanrefutation » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:19 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Has anyone here tried OrangeTheory Fitness? I'm looking for a new gym and the concept behind OT looks intriguing - though it's hella expensive.

The only reason I haven't tried it is that I feel like I would like it and then it's super expensive. I'd be curious to hear if people think 1 or 2 sessions per week is sufficient or if you really need the unlimited subscription to take full advantage.

I feel the same way. From googling, it looks like you can pay $159 for unlimited sessions per month or $99 for 8 sessions a month (2 a week) or $59 for 4x a month. That's **** expensive - the unlimited plan is 2.5x as much as I spend currently on my gym. But the system itself looks exactly like what I'd be looking for - an hour of guided cardio and strength HIIT.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1004 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:36 pm

jute2003 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Just push through, try not to be a whiny pouty baby and you'll get to the day and all the stress and headaches will go away and you will enjoy yourself and be happy.

Completely agree, just venting to you guys as the fiancé will never see this.

The good news is we did get a day of wedding planner as a part of our venue. Once it’s the day of it’ll be a breeze. We’re less than 2 weeks out now.

Good Day of Coordinators make a HUGE difference. Also, if you or your fiance aren't so good under pressure, I'd suggest having someone take your phones and screen your calls. For whatever reason, people think it's a good idea to call the couple on the day of the wedding if they have questions about anything...especially older family members. You two will have enough to deal with without having to give Aunt Linda directions to the venue.

So this is what you do. Pick ONE thing that you really want to dig your heals in on (or you can fake it if need be) and argue passionately for your fiancée to change her mind to your choice. I picked the food for instance. I was adamant about the menu and what kind of sides and entrees we’d have to the point where I took full control of the menu. In return I told her that she could go with her choices on everything else as long as I get to control the food. She made all of the choices on everything with her mom and all I knew before I showed up at the reception was what I’d be eating for dinner. 8-)
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1005 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:30 am

Regardless of what transpires that was an epic **** break game by Schwartzman.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#1006 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:00 am

Ill-yasova wrote:So this is what you do. Pick ONE thing that you really want to dig your heals in on (or you can fake it if need be) and argue passionately for your fiancée to change her mind to your choice.

My one thing is to get the closing theme to This Week in Baseball as our Recessional. It hasn't gone over as well as I'd hoped.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#1007 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:46 am

Schwartzman is playing out of his mind. Too bad he only needs to do this for another 3 hours to win. :lol:
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1008 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:59 am

I would break like 5 rackets if I were Schwartzman right now.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#1009 » by BUCKnation » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:28 am

That was the grindiest 3 setter I've ever watched.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1010 » by buckboy » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Good and reliable photographer is a key. I know Uncle Billy said he'd would be happy to take pics. And then he gets drunk and you have none.

I'm thinking of changing my handle to "Uncle Billy".
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1011 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:19 am

Watched Andreescu/Bencic on my computer with Packer game on TV. Great match.

I am not saying Andreescu will win Saturday, but she is absolutely legit and is going to win a whole bunch of majors. This is not fools gold like with some past young female stars, e.g. Wozniacki (very similar career path at 19 - though she eventually won one). She has it. Really excited for the future of women's tennis with how things have unfolded the past year.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#1012 » by BMatt07 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:43 pm

We're having a debate at work, and people seem to be split down the middle.

Do you think Sterling Sharpe should be in the Hall of Fame?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#1013 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:48 pm

BMatt07 wrote:We're having a debate at work, and people seem to be split down the middle.

Nah.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1014 » by crkone » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:13 pm

buckboy wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Good and reliable photographer is a key. I know Uncle Billy said he'd would be happy to take pics. And then he gets drunk and you have none.

I'm thinking of changing my handle to "Uncle Billy".

My dad likes to take pictures for our extended family events. One time all the pics came out blurry. He forgot to wear his glasses or contacts that day.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,221

Post#1015 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:We're having a debate at work, and people seem to be split down the middle.

Nah.

viewforum.php?f=161
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1016 » by humanrefutation » Fri Sep 6, 2019 9:54 pm

On this day, 24 years ago:

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1017 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 11:05 pm

Pulling for Medvedev on Sunday.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#1018 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:10 am

KidA24 wrote:[ 3 weeks I'll be in southern Utah exploring Bryce and Zion national parks.

You must be going any day now. I LOVED Zion when I went at the end of March.

A few notes about Angel's Landing: if you have ANY issues with heights DO NOT GO. If you can't climb 1500 ft before doing a dangerous hike DON'T GO.

If you aren't dissuaded yet do it. It's like no hike I've ever been on. Still, 1) Go early. It gets crazy congested if you don't go right away in the morning. There is barely room for 1 lane of traffic in spots. Having people backed up to pass gets dangerous. 2) Do the hike with shoes with great grip. Angel's Landing is on sandstone and it is slippery, especially with the morning dew. I watched a 10-12 year old slide all the way to the edge; People die on this trail. But it's worth it.

The Narrows is also highly recommended. You effectively walk through the river and there are truly majestic views within the caverns. You need a wetsuit to do this and will need to go to outfitters. There are some in town and one right outside the park (that's a little more expensive). If there is too much water flowing through the river you are not allowed to make the trek.

Whatever you decide to do have a blast and tell us all about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1019 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:46 am

ffs that tiebreak.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1020 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:48 am

What a choke job in that tiebreak from Berrettini, good lord. Good fight from Rafa of course but he had no business winning that tiebreak.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks