ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1541 » by jschligs » Tue Sep 3, 2019 1:32 pm

A ton of my HS buddies I still hang out with (and a few I don't see often anymore) re-subbed to WoW Classic so I caved. Not really happy with myself as I don't have the time right now but it's incredibly fun to be back to the basic. I had forgotten how difficult and how much of a grind vanilla was. I played a ton and I'm barely level 13, I've also died 100 times...oh the memories.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1542 » by crkone » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:51 pm

Back into No Man's Sky. I'm enjoying it so far but I need to stop wandering about and start making serious money.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1543 » by humanrefutation » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:04 pm

It's always nice when you think a fun game is over and you're feeling a bit bummed and then HOLY **** there's a whole lot of **** still left to do.

That's where I am with Spiderman.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1544 » by jschligs » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:29 pm

If anyone was wondering, Overwatch on Switch has been confirmed. Probably the best gaming news I've received all year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/czlff8/overwatch_comes_to_switch_next_month/
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1545 » by humanrefutation » Wed Sep 4, 2019 8:01 pm

jschligs wrote:If anyone was wondering, Overwatch on Switch has been confirmed. Probably the best gaming news I've received all year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/czlff8/overwatch_comes_to_switch_next_month/

I'm guessing we won't see any cross-platform saves so we'll have to start from scratch, no?

Also, the lack of a quality voice chat on the switch sucks, too.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#1546 » by Lippo » Wed Sep 4, 2019 8:37 pm

jschligs wrote:A ton of my HS buddies I still hang out with (and a few I don't see often anymore) re-subbed to WoW Classic so I caved. Not really happy with myself as I don't have the time right now but it's incredibly fun to be back to the basic. I had forgotten how difficult and how much of a grind vanilla was. I played a ton and I'm barely level 13, I've also died 100 times...oh the memories.

Same, I was a HWL back in vanilla (biggest time sync of any game ever), logged on got to 10 in a night, and logged off and said not again.....haven't been on since middle of last week.
I didn't die at all however, games not hard...til end game pvp
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,556

Post#1547 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:25 pm

For all you fellow Final Fantasy nerds out there, they re-mastered FFVIII for the major consoles and you can download it for $20 as of yesterday. Probably gonna pick it up seeing as this is one that I never invested a lot of time into. Gotta get my classic JRPG fix somehow, and no game in the last decade or so has done it for me.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,733

Post#1548 » by DanoMac » Wed Sep 4, 2019 10:02 pm

Any good suggestions for Switch games that my girlfriend might like? We play MK8 together, and she's been playing some Tetris 99. Also recently got Stardew Valley and she enjoys that. Any others that she might like?
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#1549 » by FrieAaron » Wed Sep 4, 2019 10:45 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:For all you fellow Final Fantasy nerds out there, they re-mastered FFVIII for the major consoles and you can download it for $20 as of yesterday. Probably gonna pick it up seeing as this is one that I never invested a lot of time into. Gotta get my classic JRPG fix somehow, and no game in the last decade or so has done it for me.

It's my favorite Final Fantasy, so I'll definitely be picking it up at some point.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1550 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 4, 2019 11:38 pm

SNES coming to Switch Online. Great. Super Mario World and Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Also great.

WHERE THE **** IS DONKEY KONG COUNTRY.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1551 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 4, 2019 11:55 pm

Really solid Nintendo Direct overall. Divinity OS2 is released today with cross-save support with Steam, good looks at Pokemon and Animal Crossing (though I'm not sure either interests me personally), some Smash content, a bunch of ports (duh).

Just pissed there's no DKC games to launch SNES. UGH.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,556

Post#1552 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:43 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:For all you fellow Final Fantasy nerds out there, they re-mastered FFVIII for the major consoles and you can download it for $20 as of yesterday. Probably gonna pick it up seeing as this is one that I never invested a lot of time into. Gotta get my classic JRPG fix somehow, and no game in the last decade or so has done it for me.

It's my favorite Final Fantasy, so I'll definitely be picking it up at some point.

I actually haven't heard many people say that 8 is their favorite. I remember playing it as a kid and getting through most of the first disc before putting it down for reasons I have long since forgotten. Probably had something to do with having to follow FFVII and the unfair expectations that were hoisted upon it, but to be fair, FF 6 through 10 were probably the greatest stretch of games they ever created. I'm excited to get back into it after nearly two decades away. It'll be like playing a brand new game for me.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1553 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:53 pm

I will definitely be picking up FF8 at some point. It’s not my favorite, but it is among them and it’s been a very long time since I played. I remember missing a summon when I originally played through - will have to be sure that doesn’t happen again.

But there’s no time currently :) BL3 is out in a week. I did forget you had to pay for a PS Plus membership to play online. Ugh.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1554 » by KidA24 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:02 pm

DanoMac wrote:Any good suggestions for Switch games that my girlfriend might like? We play MK8 together, and she's been playing some Tetris 99. Also recently got Stardew Valley and she enjoys that. Any others that she might like?

Breath of the Wild. Honestly. FFVII if she might enjoy a jrpg. Mario Odyssey. For couch co-op, Overcooked is amazing.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1555 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:15 pm

DanoMac wrote:Any good suggestions for Switch games that my girlfriend might like? We play MK8 together, and she's been playing some Tetris 99. Also recently got Stardew Valley and she enjoys that. Any others that she might like?

Dragon Quest Builders 2.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1556 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 5, 2019 11:08 pm

BL3 players - what platform will you be on?

I don't have many gamer friends, and the pool is smaller for those with a PS4 and those who like Borderlands. That pool was one, and it sounds like he's not getting the game because life is too busy right now and he doesn't want to take away from football time. I get it, but now I can't decide if I should get PS Plus or not (I totally forgot you even needed it - been so long since I played a game online). Borderlands is more fun with friends; that said, I also don't know how much time I can or will dedicate this fall and wouldn't want to impact others' play throughs.

I don't know. Thinking out loud and just wondering what you guys are thinking.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,954

Post#1557 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 5, 2019 11:53 pm

I'm gonna be playing it on PS4.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1558 » by stellation » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:44 am

I wonder why we bother with physical media anymore for some games? Picked up 2k20 this morning for PS4, straight into 24gb download (taking forever, presumably the servers are getting smashed).
#FreeChuckDiesel
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#1559 » by TroyD92 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:55 am

stellation wrote:I wonder why we bother with physical media anymore for some games? Picked up 2k20 this morning for PS4, straight into 24gb download (taking forever, presumably the servers are getting smashed).

Depends on the game for me. Some series I want the collectors edition
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1560 » by stellation » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:48 am

TroyD92 wrote:
stellation wrote:I wonder why we bother with physical media anymore for some games? Picked up 2k20 this morning for PS4, straight into 24gb download (taking forever, presumably the servers are getting smashed).

Depends on the game for me. Some series I want the collectors edition

We're generally still in the mode of buy the physical copy of every game at our place, it just kind of drives me bonkers when it then has a mega download associated with it from day one. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks