Moderators: bwgood77, MickeyDavis

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Welcome To Our Gambling Forum Presented By BetOnline 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:20 pm

RealGM Users,

Welcome to our new Gambling Forum. Some of you have requested this in the past and it is now here on RealGM.

This Forum which is sponsored by BetOnline is a place where our Users can discuss topics like over/under win totals, daily lines, MVP odds, trends, etc.

It is not however a place for Users to place actual bets and gamble.

To start, The Forum will be moderated by Global Moderators bwgood77 and MickeyDavis.

We hope all of you enjoy this new addition to our Forums.

Just post it right here and we can make it a Global Announcement too.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Re: Welcome To Our Gambling Forum Presented By BetOnline 

Post#2 » by Sofia » Fri Sep 6, 2019 11:00 am

Have you got a hot tip Howard?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#3 » by KingDavid » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:42 pm

Sofia wrote:Have you got a hot tip Howard?

#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#4 » by KingDavid » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:43 pm

Howard Mass wrote:RealGM Users,

Welcome to our new Gambling Forum. Some of you have requested this in the past and it is now here on RealGM.

This Forum which is sponsored by BetOnline is a place where our Users can discuss topics like over/under win totals, daily lines, MVP odds, trends, etc.

It is not however a place for Users to place actual bets and gamble.

To start, The Forum will be moderated by Global Moderators bwgood77 and MickeyDavis.

We hope all of you enjoy this new addition to our Forums.

Just post it right here and we can make it a Global Announcement too.

This could make for very interesting discussion when it comes to basketball. Great addition, imo.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:10 pm

And it will cover all sports, not just basketball.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:26 pm

Point Spreads for NFL week 1 are up in the new forum. Tell us your locks and shocks.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:11 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Point Spreads for NFL week 1 are up in the new forum. Tell us your locks and shocks.

I was about to post this last night. Was going to do it later today. I am going to post NBA over/unders now to get thoughts on best and worst bets there.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#8 » by HIF » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 am

Gambling is an addictive problem which destroys families. Maybe we can have a heroin forum too.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#9 » by El Turco » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Betonline is garbage
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#10 » by SichtingLives » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:08 am

I prefer Batonline where I can custom order all my favorite competition and casual batons
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#11 » by Slava » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 am

HIF wrote:Gambling is an addictive problem which destroys families. Maybe we can have a heroin forum too.

viewforum.php?f=8
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:28 am

HIF wrote:Gambling is an addictive problem which destroys families. Maybe we can have a heroin forum too.

Can be a serious issue - but not sure social media isn't a worse issue (no green font either).
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#13 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Gambling can be an addictive problem. Doesn't mean it is an addictive problem. I've bet leisurely for years. Purely recreational and has never come close to effecting my family. It's like alcohol. If abused it is a problem that can destroy families. In moderation there is nothing wrong with drinking. Comparing gambling to heroin is laughable. If you are so against it, I suggest you go find another forum. No one is forcing you to check it out.
HIF
RealGM

Post#14 » by HIF » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:54 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:

Gambling can be an addictive problem. Doesn't mean it is an addictive problem. I've bet leisurely for years. Purely recreational and has never come close to effecting my family. It's like alcohol. If abused it is a problem that can destroy families. In moderation there is nothing wrong with drinking. Comparing gambling to heroin is laughable. If you are so against it, I suggest you go find another forum. No one is forcing you to check it out.

I'm not checking it out. And you can keep your head buried in the sand if you want. Sorry for the kids.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:59 pm

HIF wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I'm not checking it out. And you can keep your head buried in the sand if you want. Sorry for the kids.

There are many things that can be addictive problems that can destroy families if people are not checked. That won't stop people from talking about them, particularly gambling in a sports forum. If anyone has a problem in this area (or any area) they should seek help and hopefully get better. I actually was addicted to gambling when I was younger and it ended up putting me in big debt. It was a big learning lesson and I have done it a tad since then but nothing big and don't put money on games any more, since the payoff to me isn't worth the risk. And small dollars isn't exciting enough to bother anyway.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#16 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:59 pm

HIF wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Yes my kid lives a terrible life.... :noway:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm

HIF wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I don't need a mother hen telling me what's bad for me. Some people have gambling problems. Some eat too much, drink too much, drive too fast.

I know people who have messed up their lives by being online too much and being addicted to sports.

Don't tell me I shouldn't do something because other people can't handle it.
HIF
RealGM

Post#18 » by HIF » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:02 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
HIF wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I don't need a mother hen telling me what's bad for me. Some people have gambling problems. Some eat too much, drink too much, drive too fast.

I know people who have messed up their lives by being online too much and being addicted to sports.

Strange reply - you're telling me to stop telling you something. Isn't that hypocritical?

Better to just ignore me and get back to that craps table.

It's a simple fact. Gambling is an addiction. It can and does destroy lives. If you want to lose your money gambling that's your choice, especially if that's how you get your high. I hope it doesn't impact on innocents - sadly it usually does.

My point was a reasonable point, I'll leave it here.

Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#19 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:18 pm

HIF wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
HIF wrote:

Strange reply - you're telling me to stop telling you something. Isn't that hypocritical?

It's a simple fact. Gambling is an addiction. It can and does destroy lives. If you want to lose your money gambling that's your choice, especially if that's how you get your high. I hope it doesn't impact on innocents - sadly it usually does.

Can be an addiction. You're acting as if one can not gamble responsibly. That once you bet you are risking your mortgage. Simply not true. I know that is can be an addiction and I sympathize with those that struggle with it. I've been able to gamble responsibly for over 15 years. It has not destroyed my life. I do appreciate your concern though. You said sorry for the kids. Lol. My kid does great thanks. He eats the same if dad bets $20 on a football game or if I don't.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#20 » by soxperry » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:07 am

HIF wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
HIF wrote:

lol.. You came into a thread about gambling, already knowing that you had a predisposition against it, to tell some guy you don't know that his hobby is actually an addiction that's bad for society and that you feel sorry for his kids... in a nutshell..

what's your deal?

Return to Gambling